The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Dave

Staff member
The NCAA is a scam.

That's been known for a while. We have known this for years but has just been getting legs in the past few thanks to things like the Northwestern players unionizing. College sports IS modern day slave labor where the workers get NOTHING while the owners make absolutely insane amounts of cash. At least with the professional sports like the NFL the players are getting paid as well. College athletes are just screwed in a number of ways. Of course, the big named players always seem to have a way around this found for them by boosters, but for the rest they are held in poverty and starvation for the sake of archaic and draconian NCAA rules.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's been known for a while. We have known this for years but has just been getting legs in the past few thanks to things like the Northwestern players unionizing. College sports IS modern day slave labor where the workers get NOTHING while the owners make absolutely insane amounts of cash. At least with the professional sports like the NFL the players are getting paid as well. College athletes are just screwed in a number of ways. Of course, the big named players always seem to have a way around this found for them by boosters, but for the rest they are held in poverty and starvation for the sake of archaic and draconian NCAA rules.
I've been saying it for a while, too. It's just nice to have it succinctly served up in a 20 minute serving by John Oliver.

Welp, looks like white chicks are ready for aggressive japanese come-ons.

Channeling my internal Charlie here, but that's just what we need to start doing - copy even *more* aggressive ways of delivering cheesy/macho pick up lines with that kind of body language.
All the women in the video seemed to like it - but they knew in advance what was coming and seem to assume it comes from an almost-lover they're really attracted to. I mean doing that to my girlfriend? Sure. But I can just see guys doing it in trying to pick up a random girl and I'm fairly sure the reaction would be a knee to the junk or loud screaming. Jeeze.

GasBandit

Staff member
Channeling my internal Charlie here, but that's just what we need to start doing - copy even *more* aggressive ways of delivering cheesy/macho pick up lines with that kind of body language.
All the women in the video seemed to like it - but they knew in advance what was coming and seem to assume it comes from an almost-lover they're really attracted to. I mean doing that to my girlfriend? Sure. But I can just see guys doing it in trying to pick up a random girl and I'm fairly sure the reaction would be a knee to the junk or loud screaming. Jeeze.
Well, you remember what step 1 is, right?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/sexual-harassment/2751966

GasBandit

Staff member
It's the voting for swedish song in the Eurovision Songcontest in may huh? I wonder, did he do that for every song?
I have no idea. My initial thought is if swedish sign language is different from ASL, and if so, by how much? How you you sign "bingy bingy bork bork bork?"

Swedish sign language interpreter steals the show

This is probably going to sound incredibly ignorant, since I don't personally know any deaf people, but how many deaf people are watching concerts?

Then again, that guy is pretty entertaining to watch. He's killing it.

Semi-related:

I have friends that are deaf musicians and such, and honestly, especially at a rock concert, they can feel what is going on, but have no idea what the lyrics are. (Making them no different than your average teenager probably [emoji14])

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought I could make it through this video without laughing because I am a mature adult. I was wrong.

Fair warning though, it does have footage of a dog giving birth, so if you think things like placentas and blood are icky, you might want to abstain.

I lost it at the very first word lmao
I thought I could make it through this video without laughing because I am a mature adult. I was wrong.

Fair warning though, it does have footage of a dog giving birth, so if you think things like placentas and blood are icky, you might want to abstain.

She should give that bitch a treat. Bitches love treats.[DOUBLEPOST=1426614848,1426614804][/DOUBLEPOST]A version of this has been posted before, but never this one. And even if it had, it's still awesome.

GasBandit

Staff member
Animation Domination shows no cow is too sacred to make horrifying with their latest endeavor, Scientifically Accurate Pinky and the Brain.

"Ha! My competitors all practice in basements with low ceilings. I will perfect this move in the gimnasio and become UNBEATABLE!"

--Patrick