[Movies] The Avengers 2

Y'know, if they did another FF movie/reboot under Marvel Studios, I'd love to see a story involving Namor. It's perfect for adaption to the big screen due to the romantic triangle with Sue/Namor/Reed.

I just wish Spider-Man would revert to Marvel Studios. Imagine a Spider-Man movie written by Joss Whedon. If anyone would be able to write his banter well, it would be him. All his protagonists have their bad guy fight banter down to a science.

I could never get into Namor. What's the appeal? Did I just not see any good storylines?
I think he was best when he was a Villain. His imperious attitude lends itself far better to villainy than to heroism. Plus, for a while, he kind of had Sue Storm wrapped around his finger.

The Amazing Spider-Man was pretty decent, I thought. Well, apart from the inconsistent and often perplexing Lizard.

I hope they're doing this for a good reason and not just to tie in with the recent comic storyline, because I was really looking forward to Thanos.

Step 1: Tease Thanos.
Step 2: Use Ultron, instead.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Fuck ton of profit, anyway.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be seeing this bad boy ASAP, anyway. I have faith in Whedon.

Zappit

Staff member
Thanks gets teased for Guardians of the Galaxy, and we get one of the all-time great Avengers villains instead?

I have no problem with this. Ultron frikkin' rocks.

Thanos does seem the better villain for the final part of the Trilogy, since all these movies seem to be made with a 3rd movie in mind.

FUCK YEAH ULTRON!

Age of Ultron is fucking awful, but that doesn't mean shit. I want Ultron main villain movie right now DIRECTLY IN MY VEINS!

Ultron's my second favorite Marvel villain.

Just sayin'.

Ultron's my second favorite Marvel villain.
Who's the first?

I'm tentatively excited. Ultron is a fantastic villain as well as being a classic Avengers antagonist... but they had better not try do a movie version of the Age of Ultron storyline. That arc was shit, and it would be even worse if they tried to transport it to film.

I desperately want to hear something about Runaways. The movie was supposed to come out in 2012 and I don't think they've ever officially come out and said it's been canned. Some news would be good, especially considering it's one of the few Marvel properties that didn't get terrible. It got weird, but not terrible.

I desperately want to hear something about Runaways. The movie was supposed to come out in 2012 and I don't think they've ever officially come out and said it's been canned. Some news would be good, especially considering it's one of the few Marvel properties that didn't get terrible. It got weird, but not terrible.

I stopped reading it after Vaughan left. From what I've heard, it sounded like the right call.

It's great right up til the end of the 2nd or third arc, then it gets weird and never recovers because Marvel seemed to think they should become an actual super hero team and not just a bunch of kids with powers trying to live away from just about anyone who would control them.

Really, I blame Joss Whedon. His stuff wasn't bad but it just completely changed the tone of the series for a while and it just never went back to normal.

Really glad they are going with Ultron. I really want the Avengers to be grounded on Earth for the most part. Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy can get into the whole universe part of the series. I was worried that either we would have AVENGERS IN SPACE or Thanos come down to Earth and pretty much suck because he couldn't do any big power plays. Ultron will fit better and has always been a classic enemy to the Avengers.

Though I am actually DISAPPOINTED that the second one will not have Pym. Can we at least get Wasp darn it?

I'm kind of concerned that without Pym, what Ultron's origin is going to be. He doesn't even have to be Ant Man, Yellowjacket, Giant Man, or any of the other fifty names he's gone by, just at least have him be the creator of Ultron.

I'm kind of concerned that without Pym, what Ultron's origin is going to be. He doesn't even have to be Ant Man, Yellowjacket, Giant Man, or any of the other fifty names he's gone by, just at least have him be the creator of Ultron.
Long ago they made a movie called "Next Avengers" about the Avengers having children, who are being raised by Tony Stark in the arctic after nearly the whole world was taken over by Ultron. In that movie they made no mention of Pym developing Ultron and instead said that Tony Stark developed him entirely. They might go that route. The recent cartoon even implied that Ultron was a combination of Pyrm and Tony's work.
Actually they did already set it up a bit in Iron Man 3, considering Tony had developed suits that could walk and fight on their own using the Jarvis AI. Maybe the story will go that with him "retiring" from his role as Iron Man, he makes another "suit" using a new sentient AI, which goes on to become Ultron.

Long ago they made a movie called "Next Avengers" about the Avengers having children, who are being raised by Tony Stark in the arctic after nearly the whole world was taken over by Ultron. In that movie they made no mention of Pym developing Ultron and instead said that Tony Stark developed him entirely. They might go that route. The recent cartoon even implied that Ultron was a combination of Pyrm and Tony's work.
Actually they did already set it up a bit in Iron Man 3, considering Tony had developed suits that could walk and fight on their own using the Jarvis AI. Maybe the story will go that with him "retiring" from his role as Iron Man, he makes another "suit" using a new sentient AI, which goes on to become Ultron.
I could see this happening. Plus, it would allow RDJ to take a centerpiece role in the movie, which seems to suit both RDJ and the studio just fine.

I think it works better as separate threads since there are multiple release dates and discussion on one movie just flows better.