[Movies] The Avengers 2

Yeah!

Shouldn't Iron Man be moving way faster than the rest of them?
He gave the others a head start. Notice how he's catching up from behind.

That's the only thing unusual thing I can see in that gif. Everything else seems to be in order. All is as it should be.

You know, seeing that trailer, then watching it again, and again, then watching the others, then this one again, I sat there and thought. "Well, that's kind of it, isn't it? Sony, Fox, Warner Brothers, they should just bow out gracefully from the superhero genre. Avengers 2 has already won, because there's no way they'll come even close to that."

I did not like the first Avengers movie, and do not understand why people did. I'm looking forward to this, it's very much the kind of thing I'll probably enjoy. I still like the trailer with the creepy riff on Pinocchio better, though. That was just.. It was so good.

Mr. Z and I were just discussing certain films would be used for pee breaks/naps. (Looking at you, Incredible Hulk.)

Captain America 2 is supposed to be way better than the first one. I haven't seen it yet, though, but I was going to. Should I not? I found the first one pretty bad and boring.

GasBandit

Staff member
Captain America 2 is supposed to be way better than the first one. I haven't seen it yet, though, but I was going to. Should I not? I found the first one pretty bad and boring.
I also found the first one a little tiresome, to be honest. The second one is MUCH better.

I did not like the first Avengers movie.
Captain America 2 I found the first one pretty bad and boring.
Uh... maybe these movies aren't your cup of tea.

As to the marathon, I have seen all of them recently enough enough that a marathon like this would be ponderous. Love them all... yes even Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 (though I acknowledge they are the low end of the movies thus far).

Last edited:
The Winter Soldier is VERY different from Captain America: The First Avenger. It's a much more grown up story that revolves around the balance between freedom and security, and what the ramifications can be when the ends justify the means.

You people are cray cray. Iron Man 2, Cap Amer 2, and Thor 2 were all fun movies. Thor 2 was better than Thor 1, IMO.

Incredible hulk, nnnyyaaahh not so much.
Hulk is unquestionably the bottom of the bunch, but I think it's an okay movie on its own. Certainly way better than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Hulk is unquestionably the bottom of the bunch, but I think it's an okay movie on its own. Certainly way better than Ang Lee's Hulk.
That was another movie where the person making the movie just didn't fucking get the nature of the story he was trying to tell. The Hulk is about Rage. Loneliness. Despair. About losing control of one's self and being a danger to everyone you're close to, whether you want to be or not. It's about the guilt of knowing the harm you've done, and will do again, and knowing that you can't stop it. And yet, when push comes to shove, Hulk more often than not uses his anger to try and save people, whether they'd thank him for it or not.

Hulk is NOT about weird daddy issues, dogs filled with green water, and ridiculous flea jumps.

Someone recently pointed out to me that in the first Avengers movie, no one ever actually says "Avengers Assemble".

The film is now retroactively ruined. :p

Someone recently pointed out to me that in the first Avengers movie, no one ever actually says "Avengers Assemble".

The film is now retroactively ruined. :p
That was one of the few complaints I had about the movie.

Fortunately, hearing that the main cast became a close knit group that would go out together for dinner on a regular basis - usually with Chris Evans texting everyone "Avengers Assemble!" - salvages that.

That was one of the few complaints I had about the movie.

Fortunately, hearing that the main cast became a close knit group that would go out together for dinner on a regular basis - usually with Chris Evans texting everyone "Avengers Assemble!" - salvages that.
I was completely joking. That's a dumb complaint :p

I didn't dislike the first Captain America, but I think the second is probably the best super hero movie.

It's at least the best Marvel movie.

....where is that Halforums ahegao face icon again? I feel it would be applicable here.

But seriously: Every trailer for Age of Ultron has managed to top the previous. This isn't ridiculous hype, this movie is going to be amazing because it *gets* superheroes and how to tell a compelling story about them. Epic action mixed with the relationship between the members of the Avengers, and how their differences both make them stronger as a team and threaten to tear them apart.

Dear DC/WB: You lose.