TF2 Revenge of the Fallen(thread): Bay doing coke off dead h

Status
Not open for further replies.
CynicismKills said:
I think Krisken has said like 4 times now that he didn't like the movie.
It is kinda funny how I get lumped in like that because I think other people can like it even though I felt it was very cringe worthy.

Maybe it's because I said it wasn't as bad as Batman and Robin. :D

kissinger said:
filmfanatic said:
Come on, guys. Let's calm down and stop this from turning into just another flame war. Perhaps we should turn our attention to upcoming films? Maybe discuss those coming out later this summer?
I am eager to hear which films you are looking forward to, filmfanatic.
Well, what I plan to catch in theaters this summer includes:
Bruno
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
District 9
Ponyo
Inglourious Basterds

With the exceptions of G.I. Joe and Inglourious Basterds, I'm quite excited for them. G.I. Joe has not been looking stellar, but I'm willing to give it a try. I still don't know what to make of Inglourious Basterds, as my opinion is constantly shifting between "looks like some Tarantino fun" to "dear god, not another Tarantino pastiche".

Shannow said:
Well, in a thread about transformers 2, we are going to be putting our opinions of the movie there.
Oh, that's what this thread is?

I thought it was some bizarre forum version of limp biscuit, and I didn't want to come in last.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Krisken said:
It is kinda funny how I get lumped in like that because I think other people can like it even though I felt it was very cringe worthy.

I think I see where my confusion was. I was skimming through the other thread, saw you saying something like "I liked the fight scenes, and that's what I was there for," and equated it to the people saying "I wanted robots fighting and I got it so I wasn't disappointed!!!!!"

Also, I didn't read like 10 pages of that other thread so probably missed somewhere where you had clarified or something.

So, I was wrong. Had I been correct, my above post about the quality of the thread would've been awesome and hilarious. :)

-- Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:58 pm --

filmfanatic said:
Well, what I plan to catch in theaters this summer includes:
Bruno
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
District 9
Ponyo
Inglourious Basterds

With the exceptions of G.I. Joe and Inglourious Basterds, I'm quite excited for them. G.I. Joe has not been looking stellar, but I'm willing to give it a try. I still don't know what to make of Inglourious Basterds, as my opinion is constantly shifting between "looks like some Tarantino fun" to "dear god, not another Tarantino pastiche".
I see. Everyone should keep discussing the movies they're looking forward to.

I'll be over here.

Taking notes.

Judging.

Vagabond said:
Shannow said:
Well, in a thread about transformers 2, we are going to be putting our opinions of the movie there.
Oh, that's what this thread is?

I thought it was some bizarre forum version of limp biscuit, and I didn't want to come in last.
:eek: :puke: :bush:
Kissinger said:
Krisken said:

I think I see where my confusion was. I was skimming through the other thread, saw you saying something like "I liked the fight scenes, and that's what I was there for," and equated it to the people saying "I wanted robots fighting and I got it so I wasn't disappointed!!!!!"

Also, I didn't read like 10 pages of that other thread so probably missed somewhere where you had clarified or something.

So, I was wrong. Had I been correct, my above post about the quality of the thread would've been awesome and hilarious. :)
That it would have, sir. :)

It got lost in the latest round of screaming and bullying, but it bears repeating...

HARRY POTTER WILL KICK OPTIMUS PRIME'S ASS.

at the box office...

Espy said:
Adammon said:
There was much good in the movie
Now... hold on a second... could you explain this? Because right after this you refer to something that, in your own words, was "over the top" so... I'm worried about what you are defining as "good". Bad acting is "good"? What exactly in this trainwreck was "good"? A lot of people have been saying a lot of things around here but so far no one can seem to explain what was "good" other than "AWESOME! ROBOTS! FIGHTING! *!".
Good parts:
FX (A.k.a. Total Fucking Destruction)
Characters were quite a bit more like their cartoon counterparts than the first movie. (Megatron and Starscream interaction)
Peter Cullen actually forced to voice act a bit more.
Soundwave (Sounding a bit like Dr Claw unfortunately)
Ravage's attack on the shard.
Devastator's introduction.
No Frenzy
Interesting concepts introduced: hive mind bots (Arcee), combiners (Devastator), Pretenders (School chick)
Music (Transformers soundtrack - no not linkin park, the actually orchestrals) far surpass the soundtrack disaster that was Star Trek.
Interesting cinematography - the pyramids, the sinking of the carrier

There's lots of good stuff.

Adammon said:
Good parts:
FX (A.k.a. Total Fucking Destruction)
nope.
Characters were quite a bit more like their cartoon counterparts than the first movie. (Megatron and Starscream interaction)
they had maybe a 2 minute scene where they basically belched out exposition in the most obvious way short of it scrolling on the screen
Peter Cullen actually forced to voice act a bit more.
I didn't notice this at all.
Soundwave (Sounding a bit like Dr Claw unfortunately)
I don't remember anything about him.
Ravage's attack on the shard.
I don't know who ravage was considering everyone looked the same. I'm going to guess he was the robot made out of balls? That was good as an FX demo at best.
Devastator's introduction.
I'll give you that, but then absolutely nothing interesting happened.
No Frenzy
there also wasn't a 80 minute sex scene between john goodman and roseanne barr
Interesting concepts introduced: hive mind bots (Arcee), combiners (Devastator), Pretenders (School chick)
Nothing about these concepts were realized or made interesting in any way
Music (Transformers soundtrack - no not linkin park, the actually orchestrals) far surpass the soundtrack disaster that was Star Trek.
The only thing I remember about the soundtrack was two Green Day songs played all the time.
this point is completely wrong and makes me think you don't know what cinematography is.

There's lots of good stuff.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew:2at26qhi][/youtube:2at26qhi]

Just replace the verbage and nouns with saw, heard, movie and Michael Bay.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
this point is completely wrong and makes me think you don't know what cinematography is.
Oh fuck off.

The sinking of the carrier was filmed underwater with explosions and the sun backlighting the destruction. Cinematography.

The movement of the camera (sometimes overwhelming). Cinematography.

Being able to actually film on and at the pyramids meant seeing something upclose in HD that many people will never get to see and the lightning of it for dramatic effect. Cinematography.

Yeah, I don't know what Cinematography is, retard.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
I'm gonna guess Bay did the pyramids stuff with CGI considering nearly every shot of them was actively destroying them.
I don't know, he's pretty dedicated to destruction. Did you see that plot?

Okay, I've done some more thinking on Transformers 2 and here is my opinion on the subject of the film.

Was it a bad film? Yes it was. Am I going to get the DVD to watch it later? No way. Do I regret having watched it? No, I don't.

Shannow

Staff member
Adammon said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Oh smurf off.

The sinking of the carrier was filmed underwater with explosions and the sun backlighting the destruction. Cinematography.

The movement of the camera (sometimes overwhelming). Cinematography.

Being able to actually film on and at the pyramids meant seeing something upclose in HD that many people will never get to see and the lightning of it for dramatic effect. Cinematography.

Yeah, I don't know what Cinematography is, retard.
You are right...bad cinematography is still cinematography.

-- Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 pm --

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Krisken said:
Did you see that plot?
Nah, I blinked.
:rimshot:

filmfanatic said:
Okay, I've done some more thinking on Transformers 2 and here is my opinion on the subject of the film.

Was it a bad film? Yes it was. Am I going to get the DVD to watch it later? No way. Do I regret having watched it? No, I don't.
Well, I didn't care for the movie a whole lot but I'll still get the DVD. I'm sure it'll be better the second time around. And here's hoping Michael Bay directs "Taken II" as his action would be over the top.

Steve said:
Well, I didn't care for the movie a whole lot but I'll still get the DVD. I'm sure it'll be better the second time around. And here's hoping Michael Bay directs "Taken II" as his action would be over the top.
Actually, I might get the DVD. I'd have to seriously consider it, though, because the first film was definitely better and there are occasions when I've gotten sequels on DVD that I shouldn't have.

ElJuski

Staff member
filmfanatic said:

Sometimes you have to look into the chasm of horror to perceive the rest of the world. The romantic gothics did it; now, must we, in order to /feel/.

Or some shit like that.

ElJuski said:
filmfanatic said:

Sometimes you have to look into the chasm of horror to perceive the rest of the world. The romantic gothics did it; now, must we, in order to /feel/.

Or some shit like that.

M

Mr_Chaz

Charlie Dont Surf said:
there also wasn't a 80 minute sex scene between john goodman and roseanne barr

And suddenly, I like the film more. Purely by imagining (the horror) how much worse it could have been :p

Status
Not open for further replies.