[Thread Game] Terrible Video Game Descriptions (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

figmentPez

Staff member
Here's one I think very few people will get:
  • Wander around because you're too lazy to make a map
  • Get bored, order lemonade to start a bar fight
  • Repeat
I really hope someone had a similar childhood and does figure it out, though.
Since no one else seems to be trying, and it's a pretty obscure reference: It's one of the old Gold Box D&D games: Curse of the Azure Bonds. In the game you wake up with blue tattoos and no memory of who you are or how you got them, in a town that's locked down for the security of a visiting queen (I think.) There's not a lot to do in town aside from buy equipment and get in a bar fight. My friend and I fought the same bar fight over and over. Our party was the extremely well balanced group of 2 rangers and 4 fighters, all in full plate mail and most often wielding two handed swords. Our characters always had 18 for all their stats, because we cheated (and we never had female characters, because they could only have 18(50) strength, instead of 18(00).

One time wewe managed to progress the story, which meant showing up at the guards just as the queen was passing. My friend and I never figured out what made the queen come by, we were too stupid to realize it was a set in-game time. We then reached the sewers and some pretty interesting fights, but our party balance was horrible, we had no idea what we were doing with identifying magic items, and we just generally failed at the game.

You do not disappoint.
You'll notice it took me a whole 2 min to get it, too.

Since no one else seems to be trying, and it's a pretty obscure reference: It's one of the old Gold Box D&D games: Curse of the Azure Bonds.
I have the anthology, but I never made it past the first one (Pool of Radiance). I got really far into it, then my saves got wiped and I never restarted the series.

--Patrick

Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse now in Dubai.[DOUBLEPOST=1358215442][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, "Microsoft Excel, Soccer Edition 2013"

Spec Ops: The Line

And

Football Manager...let's say 2013[DOUBLEPOST=1358216224][/DOUBLEPOST]-Child has an enabling mother and an absentee father
-Violently assaults people, acting as a vigilante
-Next door neighbor is a piece of shit
-Doesn't discriminate based on which side of the law you're on, gang member or police alike taste his fury
-Likes having his picture taken
-Friends dig martial arts and rockets

-Child has an enabling mother and an absentee father
-Violently assaults people, acting as a vigilante
-Next door neighbor is a piece of shit
-Doesn't discriminate based on which side of the law you're on, gang member or police alike taste his fury
-Likes having his picture taken
-Friends dig martial arts and rockets
Your absentee father certainly paid more than his fair share of child support though. ;)

Still probably my favourite SNES game.

-we need guns, lots of guns...
-A wild planet full of interesting people and creatures.
- Mysteries and mission that need solving
-4 heroes working together to survive[DOUBLEPOST=1358264103][/DOUBLEPOST]
  • Slugs on a train.
  • Con with a heart of gold.
  • Girl with a bowl cut.
  • TEAMWORK.
resident evil zero?

BananaHands

Staff member
-we need guns, lots of guns...
-A wild planet full of interesting people and creatures.
- Mysteries and mission that need solving
-4 heroes working together to survive[DOUBLEPOST=1358264103][/DOUBLEPOST]

resident evil zero?
Yes.

• dick and fart jokes
  • aliens

Fun fact: ever since a recent episode of the Comedy Button, I have a cereal theme song for Portal-O's in my head.

Portal-O's goes where no one knows, it goes into your mouth and comes out of your nose, PORTAL-O's!

Go for an extended cruise.
Go to bars and meet people.
Meet wealthy men, seduce their daughters.
Learn to dance.
Get involved in aggressive negotiations.