Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest, and I say this as a HUGE fan of both the original comic and the cartoon (and the first live action movie I guess, although I haven't seen it in many, many years), but... go nuts Bay. Go nuts. TMNT has been done to death and it just doesn't bug me to have a different spin on it I guess. I mean, it's Bay so it won't really matter it will still be mediocre no matter the origin story.

I'm actually kind of surprised at Nickelodeon for this. So far they've treated the property very well since they bought it.

What part of this series is even "sacred" anymore? It's that old whore that's at the back of the alley. You try and remember her in her prime, when she was beautiful and made you feel so amazing, you were young, she was one of your first so you thought she was the best. As the years went on, you saw the world drag her down and beat her relentlessly. She could never catch a break, yet you remembered her fondly. Then one day, long after you forgot about her, you find out the Michael Bay put her in some new clothes and extensive make up had his way with her and you sigh and realize that she just wants to die but he won't let her. She was so close to just being a wonderful memory that you'd cherish despite the blemishes in her later years but now Michael Bay thrust her back into the lime light... the poor girl.

fade

Staff member
Ah TMNT. The single, lone example of the cartoon being better than the original comic. And by cartoon, I mean the one from the 80s-90s. This will be pretty bad.

Ah TMNT. The single, lone example of the cartoon being better than the original comic. And by cartoon, I mean the one from the 80s-90s.
That's a damn lie. The comic is awesome. And personally, I'm more a fan of the newer cartoon that came out around 2000.

Okay, Michael Bay is clearly TRYING to ruin old 80s cartoon franchises. He did the same when he bastardized the Transformers, and he's doing the same now.

O

Overflight

I'll just say what has lately become my go-to catchphrase for this kind of situation:

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT?

So, I'm guessing the big meme from this one is going to be a re-imagining of the title art, a la TAiNT?

Believe me, if I had any graphical artistic talent, I'd be happy to. But nooooo, all of my artistic talent has to run to useless things like, playing just about every (common) woodwind or brass instrument known to North America. And the piano.

North_Ranger

Staff member
What part of this series is even "sacred" anymore? It's that old whore that's at the back of the alley. You try and remember her in her prime, when she was beautiful and made you feel so amazing, you were young, she was one of your first so you thought she was the best. As the years went on, you saw the world drag her down and beat her relentlessly. She could never catch a break, yet you remembered her fondly. Then one day, long after you forgot about her, you find out the Michael Bay put her in some new clothes and extensive make up had his way with her and you sigh and realize that she just wants to die but he won't let her. She was so close to just being a wonderful memory that you'd cherish despite the blemishes in her later years but now Michael Bay thrust her back into the lime light... the poor girl.
Soooooooooo... TMNT is Salma Hayek?

Dave

Staff member
This will be like Highlander 2 where they turned something wonderful into utter crap by adding aliens to it.

And I liked the comic a little but I freaking LOVED the original role-playing game! We played the shit out of that game! One of my only really positive con experiences gaming came while GMing a TMNT game in Fargo.

S

Soliloquy

Now, I'm not very familiar with Transformers, but I'm curious -- in what way did Michael Bay ruin that franchise's canon?

He didn't ruin the canon, he ruined the opportunity of a great nostalgic film that already had a simple enough "basis" to work with that he didn't need to rape it like Lucas raped Indy on that pinball machine.

Now, I'm not very familiar with Transformers, but I'm curious -- in what way did Michael Bay ruin that franchise's canon?
A lot of things. After he made Optimus Prime scalp a con's face off I knew it was all wrong. Not to mention the idiocy of Sentinel Prime being EVIL! HE HAD THE MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP?! That literally contains all the wisdom of the auto-bots and yet he made a deal with the main bad-guy to enslave the human race. SENTINEL PRIME DIED A HERO BAY! I could understaned if he wer reprogrammed like when the Quintessons brought Optimus back to life, but this is completely of Sentinel's free will. What else, this is just a pet-peeve but not calling the upgraded Megatron Galvatron. They though "it would be too confusing". No it wouldn't. This is all they had to do : "Megatron, you're alive?" "Not Megatron! I have been reborn into a stronger more powerful form! I AM GALVATRON!" Armada did it. RID did it. Generation One did it. Apparently Michael Bay is too stupid to include one of the easiest lines in Transformers. Also allowing the Transformers to be basic car commercials. I can see this for Jazz, and maybe BumbleBee BUT TURNING RATCHET INTO A HUMMER CROSSES THE LINE! What do Hummer's do? DESTROY THE EARTH! What is Ratchet? THE MEDIC! And Jazz dying first? Really? The black bot dying first? Bay is a racist mo-fo. Those two ghetto bots in the sequel that can't read kinda enforce this.

Cajungal

Staff member
Oh, man. I bet Jake has heard about this. He's on his way home now. I'm going to get an earful... if not tonight, than very soon.

Don't get me wrong, I loved me some TMNT when I was younger, but this doesn't affect me. I go to this fun place in my head where films I hate don't exist. Sometimes the writers and directors don't exist either.

Oh, man. I bet Jake has heard about this. He's on his way home now. I'm going to get an earful... if not tonight, than very soon.

Don't get me wrong, I loved me some TMNT when I was younger, but this doesn't affect me. I go to this fun place in my head where films I hate don't exist. Sometimes the writers and directors don't exist either.
You know what, your right! I feel the same about the Bayformers and the Star Wars Prequels.

Cajungal

Staff member
Exactly. It's dangerous and irresponsible to ignore some horrible truths out there, but it's fun to do with terrible films. ^_^

Considering all the weird things that happened to the Turtles across all the different comics series (even between volumes of the same comics series), including all the times aliens were involved, this really doesn't seem like a stretch as far a new continuities may be concerned. More worried about Bay himself being involved than TANT.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.