[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

North_Ranger

Staff member
The Big Bang Theory. Now if only they started showing new episodes instead of reruns. The reruns still hold up, but I'd love to see more of what happened to Leonard and Penny after that douchebag Wheaton's bowling plot...

Yes, I know. Old news. I live in Finland, we get good shows at a year's delay, minimum. If we get them at all... still have to rely on the 'net if I want my fix of Doctor Who...

The shows I'm really into right now:
Dexter-while I'll agree season 4 will be hard to top as everything about that season was perfect, I have high hopes for this season. It's started off strong and the religion angle is intriguing.
The Walking Dead-Makes Sunday nights the best night on TV.
American Horror Story-I love this show. Nip/Tuck was one F uped show and this is heading down the same path. The shovel to the face in last episode-loved it. It's got enough mystery to keep me coming back. I can see this season being great. Think it would be hard to carry this on for more than one season. Show has a "Shining" feel to it which I loved as well. It's fun watching the family descend into madness.
Sons of Anarchy-I had all but given up on this show after last season. In fact I removed it from my scheduled recordings list on my DVR. So glad I gave this show one more shot. This season is getting back to what made the show great. The club being vicious and not knowing who is going to die.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Big Bang Theory. It's Always Sunny seems like one of those shows that people either love or hate. I have loved this season. The beauty pageant episode was fantastic.
So far this season is starting off great. Shows I dropped-The New Girl, Terra Nova, Homeland. If you don't have me by three episodes your done.

I finished rewatching all of Community (2nd watch-through in as many weeks) and soon I'll be viewing it with my new girlfriend allll over again. :)

I think the last TV I watched regularly was probably Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs, more than 2 years ago.

And no, I haven't downloaded any shows in that time, either. Just the occasional cartoon or something while visiting others.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I really enjoyed "Once Upon a Time" tonight. Maybe I'm just sucker for fairy tales meet the real world, but I thought it was very well done. I'm liking what they've done with the characters, and the visual style. It works well for me, and I'm gonna keep watching.

A thought occurred to me with Dexter. And this is purely speculation, so there's no worry of spoilers, even if you've never watched the show:

Would anyone else, aside from myself, find it absolutely fascinating to see where they could take it if he got caught? All the secrets finally spill out, his own co-workers split on whether he's a hero or if he should fry, his sister's reaction, etc. For example...argh, have to spoiler this from season 2:

How would LaGuarda (sp?) react once she found out Dexter sort of framed Doakes?

Admittely, it'd pretty much have to be the last season of the show, but I think that'd be really interesting.

So I've finally been watching Castle, and just finished season 3, and OMGWTFBBQ!!!!?? That was so NOT a cool ending to that season.

Ok, I like American Horror Story, unfortunately if Direct TV and Fox networks can reach an agreement by Nov 1st, I will no longer have FX and therefore won't be able to watch the rest of the show. Bummer.

BananaHands

Staff member
A thought occurred to me with Dexter. And this is purely speculation, so there's no worry of spoilers, even if you've never watched the show:

Would anyone else, aside from myself, find it absolutely fascinating to see where they could take it if he got caught? All the secrets finally spill out, his own co-workers split on whether he's a hero or if he should fry, his sister's reaction, etc. For example...argh, have to spoiler this from season 2:

How would LaGuarda (sp?) react once she found out Dexter sort of framed Doakes?

Admittely, it'd pretty much have to be the last season of the show, but I think that'd be really interesting.
I mean, the could do a season with them finding out, and a final season with him on the run.

On the topic of Dexter. He hasn't been a whole lot of blood spatter work this season at all. And why is he the guy dealing with the fucking corpse at the station?

On the topic of Dexter. He hasn't been a whole lot of blood spatter work this season at all. And why is he the guy dealing with the fucking corpse at the station?
I don't know, if it wasn't for his blood splatter work they wouldn't have found the angel. Also, on the dealing with the corpe, who's to say he didn't volunteer to assemble it. He is sort of into that type of thing. ;)

That angel thing bothered me more than anything. Are those first responders that bad that they didn't notice any of that?

I shouldn't watch TV involving the police.

That angel thing bothered me more than anything. Are those first responders that bad that they didn't notice any of that?

I shouldn't watch TV involving the police.
I thought the same thing. After the trip wire why the hell would they open a cabinet that's buzzing? Could have been anything in there including a bomb. Still a great season, though.

P

Philosopher B.

Been watching HIMYM lately. Fuckin' love that Barney has kept that tie.
He even had it wrapped around his arm when he was shirtless at the Halloween party.
Also, they really went over the top with
the Lily pregnancy thing. It was like she had dementia or something.

Chardee MacDennis is the game of games.

Also, man, Sons of Anarchy wise
Clay continues to slip more and more into cartoonish supervillainy. I don't even know how you'd continue this show after this season.

figmentPez

Staff member
Just watched the first episode of Grimm. I kinda like it, but one thing really bothered me. Who has only one song on their iPod? The show looks fun, so I'll ignore that giant plot-hole for now, but that is some horribly contrived writing.

As mentioned in the other thread, American Hoggers is an enjoyable show.

The show that followed it tonight, Lady Hoggers, is putrid. And worse, it's pointless. The show they already had on featured two not-unattractive, extremely competent hog wranglers. They're really good at what they do, both very handy with fairly powerful guns (judging by the box of ammo Krystal was loading from, her revolver is a .357 Magnum), and are right there planting a knee on the neck of a boar so they can hogtie it.

Lady Hoggers, however, is about two bitchy Real Housewives of Gainesville who don't know how to hunt, use their gear, follow their dogs, or do anything except criticize their coworker who actually does. The one job they got hired for was to deal with the hog situation on the ranch belonging to an 83 year old woman. There were over a dozen hogs including a bunch of stoats (young boars). They decide that what they need to do is sterilize the alpha boar, and after the featured ladies fail to make any appreciable progress, aside from wasting half they day and getting one of their dogs injured, eventually their sidekick finishes the hunt. The RHoGs then criticize him for capturing the boar instead of waiting for their instructions, castrate the boar while their sidekick is holding it, then drive away while he releases it, calling him an idiot. They didn't remove any of the hogs from the ranch. They say, "Well, that boar's not going to be siring any more stoats, so that should eliminate the problem." They didn't also sterilize the sows, and eventually some of those stoats (whom they didn't bother with at all) are going to grow into boars and sows...but regardless of that, the boars are still on the old woman's ranch destroying everything. And they have the unmitigated gall to look at the camera and go, "Now that's what I call a job well done."

I just finished marathoning through the first season of the US adaptation of Wilfred. I'm glad to hear there is a second season, because if it ended there I'd be pissed.

Got a coupon in the mail from our cable provider giving us HBO free for a year. It was activated last night so I started Game of Thrones last night. Don't know why but I was expecting something more along the lines of fantasy (like Lord of the Rings). A good show but after hearing my brother in law and coworkers rave about it I had anticipated being blown away.
Okay just finished episode 7 where Stark was betrayed. Really enjoying this series. Only three more episodes left. Bah.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold just ended. I did not expect the show to get shut down this soon. I watched nearly every episode and begrudgingly like the show over all. There were a few terrible episodes, but over all, it was a good series. The last episode even had Batmite and it was really a good episode because he was there.

Just watched the series premiere of 'You Deserve It", the new game show where the winner plays for the benefit of someone else.

It's played to maximum emotional impact, they're obviously not playing "Live" no matter how hard they try to shoe-horn the recipient into it, and the game itself goes painfully slow. It's no "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" but the added angle of playing for charity is interesting. The game play is very simple, nine small clues to help you figure out a Who, What, Where and some of the clues are pretty difficult. Each clue you pay for by removing a randomly selected dollar amount from the board.

Into season 3 of Dexter.

biggest twist, I have to say is,

LaGuerta possibly solving a case! HEYOOO!

Tonight's Sons of Anarchy is the first part of the finale entitled: To Be.

I guess they're reconnecting with the Hamlet with bikers theme it started out as.

Regarding last Sunday's episode of Dexter we had the big reveal. I won't post it here but those who watch the show know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately I read a spoiler online from someone who figured it out a few weeks ago (I should have known better) so I was robbed of the excitement of finding out this latest episode. I would not have had a clue that was going to happen. Great show but it seems Dexter is getting a little sloppy this season. Like his presence at the university. I would think there are security cameras everywhere and he's running around the halls with Travis the night before?
Sons of Anarchy. Frankie I asked that very question. The club is coming unraveled. I can't wait for tonight's episode. They've got the show to the point where you feel no one is safe. That uncertainty makes a show wonderful.

I guess Kurt Sutter has a seven season plan for Sons if he can keep it going.

I am absolutely fucking stoked to find out how.

I'm waiting for HBO to put Boardwalk Empire season one on demand. I don't want to start in the middle of season 2. I've heard nothing but good things about that show. As I said earlier just finished up Game of Thrones. Another fantastic show.