[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Watched the Neil Gaiman episode of The Simpsons. He only had about 10 lines, but the episode was funny. Maybe I'm a sucker, but the fake book they made didn't sound terrible.

So, Sons. Pretty lowkey episode overall (which is good, when the show decides not to go lowkey we get embarrassing shit like the RPG battle). Can't wait to see how it culminates next week. I'm beginning to see how the show continues now.

OH, well yeah. But still the
Tigs vehicular homicide and Jax magically braining a one-9er shooting backwards on a speeding motocycle was kind of eye-rolling. I'm calling the end of the season will be... I'm blanking on the one-9ers leader. He has a cool name, too, I just can't remember it. But yeah, he's going to kill Tara.

Supernatural, "Death's Door" (Friday, Dec. 2). Don't read if you didn't see the episode from before Thanksgiving ether.

Bobby never gives the Reaper an answer, which I think is for the best. I can't imagine the show without Bobby in some fashion, now that Castiel is gone (or so we think anyway). It really seems like they want this to be the final season, as they've whittled the reoccurring characters down to just Dean, Sam, and Crowley.

Watched the latest Dexter. I don't know about you guys, but I've been digging this season. Dexter's crisis of faith and the parallels between him and this season's killer are great.

I have a theory, though:

I think this season will end with Deb finding out about Dexter. The parallel between the other killer and his sister are similar: he leads a very twisted, dark life and she has no clue. That said, I think Deb will also be surprisingly okay with it, much like she was at the end of the first book that the show is based on. There'll probably still be a lot of drama from it, but that's where I think it's been hinting towards this season.

They're making that

Deb thing as obvious as possible. If they mention he's her safe place, her comfort, etc. etc. etc. anymore she won't have any other dialog. I'd be more surprised if she doesn't find out at this point.

I haven't been a big fan of Dexter this season. I think the writers tried to hard with the twist. Those of you who watch it know what I'm talking about. I hate to harken back to season 4 but when Dexter was with Trinity you felt Dexter was in danger. Travis is not a menacing adversary. I think Gellar would have been. The key to this show is to have a great villain and they didn't deliver this season. Like a coworker said, though "a bad season of Dexter is still better than 90% of the other shows." And I hope Dexter/Deb doesn't go any farther than a teaser in the preview. I was already weirded out when I heard they were married in real life (now since divorced).

So...I've started watching Community. And in the last three days, I'm already near the end of the first season.

Oh. My. GOD. Why didn't I watch this show sooner? Favourite episode so far is the paintball episode. :D

So...I've started watching Community. And in the last three days, I'm already near the end of the first season.

Oh. My. GOD. Why didn't I watch this show sooner? Favourite episode so far is the paintball episode. :D
That's my favorite as well. It's just a perfect little action movie. I could watch it over and over.

figmentPez

Staff member
I loved Eureka's holiday special. The animated bits were hilarious. Especially the shift between multiple different styles just before one of the commercial breaks.

UGGGGH to the end of this season of Sons of Anarchy. Fucking UGGGGGGH.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Way to pull the bullshit from nowhere in order to get to next season with as little change as possible.

Kurt Sutter, watch some Breaking Bad. That's how you end a season of a show you spineless fuck.

I loved Eureka's holiday special. The animated bits were hilarious. Especially the shift between multiple different styles just before one of the commercial breaks.
I didn't even know Eureka still had another season to go, so this was an early Christmas present for me! I thought for sure the finale we saw last season was it.

But yeah, I just finished watching it, myself. I was giggling all the way through it like a child. I loved when they had the two animation styles clashing briefly at the end. :D

I didn't even know Eureka still had another season to go, so this was an early Christmas present for me! I thought for sure the finale we saw last season was it.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. The way they talked about he series, it sounded like it would be ending without a proper finale. But it looks like we're getting one last season to finish things up, so I'm happy.

However, there were times when I thought that special was absolutely ridiculous... and not in a good way.

UGGGGH to the end of this season of Sons of Anarchy. Fucking UGGGGGGH.
Based on the final episode nothing mattered this season. What a way to destroy what had been the best season of the series. They would have been better off ending it last week. And what they set up for next season has no appeal to me whatsoever. And the final scene was so sappy all that was missing was a group hi-five.

I liked it, but to each his own.

I finally got caught up on Bones. I love that show.

During christmas break, I'll be watching all the shows I've been holding off on seeing in lieu of homework.