[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

The Expanse remains one of my current favorite shows and is a strong contender for favorite sci-fi show ever.

I am also enjoying the shit out of Legion as well... that last ep... man.

GasBandit

Staff member
It can now take a place of honor with "good shows cancelled for inexplicable reasons" alongside Futurama and Firefly.

Eh as upset as I am, it's never had great ratings. I was pretty surprised it got renewed for season 5. They're setting up for a possible series finale anyways so at least it'll get an ending.

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe Brooklyn Nine-Nine could have grown it's viewership if they put up past seasons on Netflix or Amazon Prime or anywhere.

It's on Canadian Netflix oddly. I love it but it feels like it's run it's course and I'd rather it end strong then peter out.

It's on Hulu, apparently? But that's basically like not putting them online at all.
We subscribed to Hulu just to binge B99 seasons. We just got caught up last night.

Hulu has its own programming, so there's a chance they could pick it up, but it's hard to say when so much is up in the air over Disney's acquisition of Fox.

Wow, this is a shit week for TV. B99 cancelled and now apparently Syfy is cancelling The Expanse...their highest rated show. Fuck off TV.

Wow, this is a shit week for TV. B99 cancelled and now apparently Syfy is cancelling The Expanse...their highest rated show. Fuck off TV.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to budget issues. Similar things killed Eureka (which cost A FORTUNE to do per an episode) and Warehouse 13. Unfortunately, SyFy has basically zero budget to work with.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to budget issues. Similar things killed Eureka (which cost A FORTUNE to do per an episode) and Warehouse 13. Unfortunately, SyFy has basically zero budget to work with.
Sounds like it was because of the rights they had. The show was on a LIve First Run basis and had no streaming or digital platform rights. So hopefully someone like Netflix or Hulu will pick it up for a new season but only if they can secure a better deal than SYFY got. I am once again reaching a point where due to cancellations I have no reason or need to watch SYFY.

I'm a couple days late on this, but hey. Thursday night marked the first time the Big Brothercontestant I was cheering for from the start actually won!

paras.png

Dave

Staff member
I binged this show this past weekend.
Holy crap, it was like I was 10 again watching the original for the first time. So good!
I've stalled on episode 7. I need to power through.

I do love the way that Johnny is still a sympathetic asshole and Danny is a sympathetic asshole. They both are trying to do the right thing in their own eyes but from the outside they are both just fucking stuff up.

Spent Friday evening and all of Saturday at some friends' house. They just finished assembling their 180in 4k projector and hifi sound system (provisionally, still need a screen and to pick the final room configuration/cabling), so we binged the first season of The Magicians and HOLY SHIT. This show is the dark and edgy take on Harry Potter that I didn't know I wanted.

I really want to watch season 2 already, but holding off until we can do another hang-out/binge because their setup makes it worth the wait.

I've stalled on episode 7. I need to power through.

I do love the way that Johnny is still a sympathetic asshole and Danny is a sympathetic asshole. They both are trying to do the right thing in their own eyes but from the outside they are both just fucking stuff up.

Yep, it's a good contrast to show how much Mr. Miyagi made a difference in Daniel-san's life.

I'm loving Eli's tranformation into Hawk. I'm not going to spoil Ep. 10, but you'll know it when you see it. <KAKAAAWWW>

Well, that didn't last long. Roseanne cancelled. Turns out going on Twitter to claim that Chelsea Clinton is married to a nephew of George Soros and bringing up the old discredited rumour about hum being a Nazi collaborator, and then going on a racist rant comparing an African-American former aide to Obama to a character from Planet of the Apes is enough to get ABC to drop you like a hot potato. Who knew?

Well, that didn't last long. Roseanne cancelled. Turns out going on Twitter to claim that Chelsea Clinton is married to a nephew of George Soros and bringing up the old discredited rumour about hum being a Nazi collaborator, and then going on a racist rant comparing an African-American former aide to Obama to a character from Planet of the Apes is enough to get ABC to drop you like a hot potato. Who knew?
One of two things is going to happen:

- Fox is going to pick up Rosanne.
- Some "liberal" show will go to the chopping block as a sacrifice to "fairness".

Regardless, I'm betting we're going to see "ABC just got Trump re-elected" headlines soon.