[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Saw an ep of Smallville-because I'm about to sleep and love Superman and ...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, was Tom Welling auditioning for Super-MAN in this? Because he does not like a High School Freshman...AT ALL! Show looks all right for a Superboy story, but that's weird. I'm also going into this knowing I'll have a MAJOR problem with it in that it'll take him TEN stinking seasons to don the suit.
On the plus side, it's 10 seasons of Kristin Kreuk. :waves:

fade

Staff member
Well, the season finale of The Good Place was pretty good, except there's a huge plot hole (maybe)

In the pilot, Chidi said he was speaking French, yet in the second chance, Eleanor could understand him. Though, nothing says he can't also speak English since he worked at an Australian university, but then why no accent? Also it could also be because they're not actually alive again.

Well, the season finale of The Good Place was pretty good, except there's a huge plot hole (maybe)

In the pilot, Chidi said he was speaking French, yet in the second chance, Eleanor could understand him. Though, nothing says he can't also speak English since he worked at an Australian university, but then why no accent? Also it could also be because they're not actually alive again.
Let's just say its because their not alive , and ignore that Chidi could've been speaking... with a French accent this entire time. Still a good show, but still that's a big hole.

figmentPez

Staff member
Apparently music rights is also holding up a digital/streaming release of Northern Exposure. *sigh*
That's so frustrating. I've been wanting to re-watch Northern Exposure, see if it's as good as I remember.[DOUBLEPOST=1517555705,1517555470][/DOUBLEPOST]
Look, I'm just saying I had a crush on Kristin Kreuk.
I was always more into Allison Mack. Too bad she went crazy.

Annette O'Toole wasn't hard on the eyes, either.

fade

Staff member
That's so frustrating. I've been wanting to re-watch Northern Exposure, see if it's as good as I remember.[DOUBLEPOST=1517555705,1517555470][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was always more into Allison Mack. Too bad she went crazy.

Annette O'Toole wasn't hard on the eyes, either.
I re-watched northern exposure through the disc based Netflix. It is even better than I remembered. Seriously one of the best television shows ever made. I wish they would stream it so a new generation can see it.

fade

Staff member
Ash vs the Evil Dead

Okay I love the movies, and so far I am loving the show. They did a good job capturing what made the movies lovable and updated everything in the process. I didn't have Starz, but Netflix has it now. Great show. Right mix of funny, gory, just scary enough, plus a nice dash of Bruce Campbell.

BananaHands

Staff member
A Good Place.

First episode is a little bumpy, but it's great. Kristen Bell playing a degenerate is my favorite thing I never knew I wanted.

Holy fucking shit, if you aren't watching Counterpart, you are missing out on the best TV show I've watched in years. I'm only 4 episodes in and each one is so packed with mesmerizing, fascinating writing and acting that I feel like I've sat through a full movie. JK Simmons better be getting an Emmy for this shit because how he's able to differentiate the two Howards just by how each one looks around a room alone is amazing. You're never unsure which Howard you're looking at.

Basic premise, 30 or so years ago there was a schism that created two separate realities and there's a doorway between both that is under the tight control of organizations on both sides. As time goes on the two realities are becoming more and more different.

The first season is done and it's only ten episodes. I'm savouring them.

Basic premise, 30 or so years ago there was a schism that created two separate realities and there's a doorway between both that is under the tight control of organizations on both sides. As time goes on the two realities are becoming more and more different.
Okay, I'm in just for the premise alone.

Holy fucking shit, if you aren't watching Counterpart, you are missing out on the best TV show I've watched in years. I'm only 4 episodes in and each one is so packed with mesmerizing, fascinating writing and acting that I feel like I've sat through a full movie. JK Simmons better be getting an Emmy for this shit because how he's able to differentiate the two Howards just by how each one looks around a room alone is amazing. You're never unsure which Howard you're looking at.

The first season is done and it's only ten episodes. I'm savouring them.

I have the whole first season sitting on my DVR waiting for me to have time to watch it. Will definately be checking it out

Cobra Kai looks good from the pilot...but is it good enough to justify a Youtube Red subscription? Like, maybe if they had more than ONE real show I'd consider it, but uh-uh.

Cobra Kai looks good from the pilot...but is it good enough to justify a Youtube Red subscription? Like, maybe if they had more than ONE real show I'd consider it, but uh-uh.
I've heard the show is surprisingly good, but I'm with you: it's the only YoutubeRed thing I want to see, so is it worth the sub?

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm 3 episodes into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and it's really charming. The writing is hilarious, the characters are quirky, and the retro style is so fun to look at. Definitely recommended.

I pay for a YouTube red subscription, but I never watch anything on YouTube red. I use it for Google music, which I use a lot, and for absolutely no ads on YouTube

I have YouTube TV. I'm pretty sure they have the YouTube Red series available on there, but I've never checked.

One day, I watched the first few episodes and hated Santa Clarita Diet but apparently I didn't actually because hours later I'd finished the season.

Like I still feel like I didn't really like it but can't tell you why I was compelled to watch the entire season of a show I one afternoon that I was meh about.

I'm going to echo Dave; Cobra Kai is amazing. I came in expecting the 80's stuff, but I didn't expect an actually interesting story with lots of twists and turns. I really hope we get another season.

Season 1 was pretty good, but Season 2 had moments that had me laughing so hard I sounded like someone fingerblasting a seal.
Absolutely. The episode with the Nazi bookcase killed me. We had to rewatch the scene 3 times where Olyphant sees the bookcase. I couldn't stop laughing. So good.

One day, I watched the first few episodes and hated Santa Clarita Diet but apparently I didn't actually because hours later I'd finished the season.

Like I still feel like I didn't really like it but can't tell you why I was compelled to watch the entire season of a show I one afternoon that I was meh about.
The first two episodes are a bit meh and S1 is hit or miss, but like Null said S2 is great.

Altered Carbon was a great ride. Slightly disappointed by the tropey/genre elements not being given much paint, but that's a small nitpick on what is otherwise a great introduction to sci-fi+cyberpunk. Gorgeous people doing cool shit in a mostly-believable setting with a well-paced story.

It's already gotten two of my friends interested in borrowing some Gibson from me, and another wants to read Gunm after I pointed out the parallels. I might check out the novel to see if anything was lost in adapting it.