[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Like I said, hulu original in the states. I believe they're buying up the us broadcast rights for a bunch of lower tier BBC shows and calling them Hulu original series.

I only got as far as the first season of Misfits. It was okay, but it just wasn't enough to motivate me to keep watching. As for what I'm hooked on lately...

Death Note

It's an anime that a friend of mine kept pestering me to watch. Funny thing is, I watched the first couple of episodes and then stopped. Then went back to it and obsessively watched another half dozen or so. Now I'm back again and almost up to episode 20. I honestly don't know what it was that had me stopping the last times because it's a damn good show.

Death Note

It's an anime that a friend of mine kept pestering me to watch. Funny thing is, I watched the first couple of episodes and then stopped. Then went back to it and obsessively watched another half dozen or so. Now I'm back again and almost up to episode 20. I honestly don't know what it was that had me stopping the last times because it's a damn good show.
My favorite anime. It's great on so many dramatic and psychological levels. I'm impressed that a fiction could have two dynamically opposed characters and have a fanbase that's split down the middle in preferring one over the other. Amazing writing there to accomplish that kind of keying into people's values and feelings.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll reserve comment on death note until you've finished it. Don't want this to turn into another ME3 with pages and pages of nothing but spoiler tags.

Just watched the new 30 Rock and Community last night. I'm undecided on whether or not 30 Rock is slipping. I'm not finding myself laughing as much. Community was great, I was happy to have it back.

Man, I think 30 Rock has been on a roll. Which usually means it's about to get crappy. They tend to do a bunch of amazing episodes then a few crappy ones.

figmentPez

Staff member
I am loving Young Justice so much. This series is fantastic. It's a great mixture of humor and really dark-serious moments. Stories have weight to them, but heroes are still acting heroically. Really my kind of superhero show.

If you're watching YJ, I think you should also be watching Sirene's Young Justice vlogs:

So much fun to watch because she's always excited about the show and I love it when she rants about the fandom.

Just watched the ending to The Shield again after thinking about how people say long form fiction rarely gets a "good" ending. Well, The Shield ended "good".

God damn it's a good series.

You know what had a really good series ending? Ed Edd n Eddy. The movie tied things up so perfectly, and was probably the best ending for the series. I sometimes cry when I watch it. We miss you Danny Antonucci.

A friend of mine got me into the BBC Sherlock Holmes show with Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch. Pretty good stuff. Only have two episodes left before I joine everyone else in the wait for season 3

I had watched the first series a while ago, but for some reason netflix only carried series one and series four for the longest time. So, I was finally able to see the whole thing.

A friend of mine got me into the BBC Sherlock Holmes show with Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch. Pretty good stuff. Only have two episodes left before I joine everyone else in the wait for season 3
I just finished the first series recently and completely love this show! I'm tempted to buy the series 1 and 2 DVD...

The wait is gonna be a long one.....

fade

Staff member
Still occasionally churning through DS9 for the first time. I friggin can't stand Dax's superior attitude. I skip any Dax-heavy episodes now.

ElJuski

Staff member
Mad Men was the tits. I was afraid I'd get bored of it by now, but time and time again, it really makes out to be an awesome show.

Also in the second season of Battlestar Galactica. Man Starbuck cries a bunch.

Madmen season premiere was fun.

Also started watching The Killing. Season 1 is on Netflix and season 2 starts next week. It's not as strong as some of AMC's other shows but I am liking it so far.

Regular Show was pretty funny tonight. A really good "The Wizard" parody. Though...it does make me confused on why video-games in this universe are still eight bit.

I'm going to throw something not mainstream into the mix.

Battleground on Hulu has been amazing. I'm amazed at how witty this series can be.

Looks like were talking about Mad-men. The reason I never got into it is well it seems...obvious. If it were a movie, showing 60s guys being jerks that's fine. But a whole series? I would probably get the satire in the first couple eps, I wouldn't need to see any more.