[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Maybe they could bring him in for an episode to check in on how Cory Matthews is doing as a teacher.
They've already said he's making at least one appearance on the new show. Apparently, they've invited just about everyone and anyone previously involved in the show to make appearances. Minkus is even coming back. I heard Rider Strong (Shawn) wasn't going to come back, but he's listed for an episode on IMDB.

Wow, just watched Fargo the series premiere. Not what I was expecting or exactly what I was expecting... either way I think I liked it.

And I just finished Green Lantern the animated series...*sigh*. TOP THREE COMPLAINTS ABOUT CANCELLATION-
1.) We never see Sinestro go "officially" evil. Just one freakin' appearance that OOZED foreshadowing and that's it. I'm spoiling anything important with this, it just happens.
2.)
The fact that Razer was implied to become a blue lantern and we will never get to see that.
3.) The fact that it was cancelled due to FUCKING TOY SALES! And not for the show of course, but the toy sales for the stupid movie! Maybe if they did ACTUAL COMMERCIALS for the show's action figures it might have made a difference. I'm sick of DC shows getting cancelled because Time Warner/DC entertainment is awful at marketing.

3.) The fact that it was cancelled due to FUCKING TOY SALES! And not for the show of course, but the toy sales for the stupid movie! Maybe if they did ACTUAL COMMERCIALS for the show's action figures it might have made a difference. I'm sick of DC shows getting cancelled because Time Warner/DC entertainment is awful at marketing.
The cartoon was made as a tie-in for the movie (which they expected to get a sequel to). But then the movie bombed and they suddenly had all these fucking toys no one was buying because no one liked the movie. While I agree that they should have just made a toy line for the cartoon instead (because seriously? I want Razer and Aya figures), they show was doomed before it even aired.

At this point I just want them to put out something OTHER than Teen Titans. They still have the whole DC block thing going, but why the fuck would I want to watch an hour of Teen Titans go? Give me some variety, assholes.

Indeed, believe it or not Cartoon Network New Zealand isn't the only country that wants to watch "Beware the Batman" Cartoon Network! I thought the show was cancelled, but instead Cartoon Network is pulling an "Ed Edd'n Eddy's big Picture show" . It is quite irksome.

Indeed, believe it or not Cartoon Network New Zealand isn't the only country that wants to watch "Beware the Batman" Cartoon Network! I thought the show was cancelled, but instead Cartoon Network is pulling an "Ed Edd'n Eddy's big Picture show" . It is quite irksome.
I don't get it. Is it only airing in New Zealand? Is it getting more episodes? I know they had at least 3-4 unaired ones on the DVD set, but I was under the impression they cancelled it.

I don't get it. Is it only airing in New Zealand? Is it getting more episodes? I know they had at least 3-4 unaired ones on the DVD set, but I was under the impression they cancelled it.
I as well thought it was cancelled, but it turns out while it was pulled from the American DC Nation block for no explained reason, new episodes continue to appear in New Zealand. My theory? They just really want people to watch "Teen Titans Go!" and trick American children into forgetting that DC characters can be more than Looney Tunes knock-offs.

You know, this talk actually reminds me of a cartoon that nearly made. It was to be an animated series based upon Will Eisner's The Spirit. It would have been made by Bruce Timm and Darwyn Cooke (who did a pretty good update of the Spirit for DC Comics a few years ago). Those two guys working together on one of the classic comic book heroes could have been great.

The problem? It was all dependent on the success of Frank Miller's The Spirit. Something that was already prepped for the garbage bin was the thing execs decided on as the arbiter of a potentially good show.

It's so strange that everything about these shows depend on the movie. I mean, the Batman animated series only had a few things in common with the Tim Burton movie, but overall, it was so thematically and stylistically different that it stood out on its own.

The entire issue is that the success of a show is measured entirely by how many toys it sells... except the toys that have been coming out for the DC properties have been shit since the Justice League days. What needs to happen is DC needs to stop focusing on the toy angle so much and start looking at other marketing opportunities.

- Why not sell exclusive e-comics on the iTunes store? Hell, if you are worried about kids not being able to read them, you could shell out for voice acting because IT'S ON A FUCKING TABLET.
- How about a Skylanders-esque game where you buy DC hero figures and can then play with them in the game? This sells action figures AND a $60 game.
- Track which toys are the most used/bought in the game.
- Support all of this with a cartoon show that shows off the various heroes/villains like Batman: The Brave and the Bold did. Characters that kids play with the most should get more appearences on the show or maybe even bumped up to a show/movie of their own.

This isn't fucking hard, DC.

The entire issue is that the success of a show is measured entirely by how many toys it sells... except the toys that have been coming out for the DC properties have been shit since the Justice League days. What needs to happen is DC needs to stop focusing on the toy angle so much and start looking at other marketing opportunities.

- Why not sell exclusive e-comics on the iTunes store? Hell, if you are worried about kids not being able to read them, you could shell out for voice acting because IT'S ON A FUCKING TABLET.
- How about a Skylanders-esque game where you buy DC hero figures and can then play with them in the game? This sells action figures AND a $60 game.
- Track which toys are the most used/bought in the game.
- Support all of this with a cartoon show that shows off the various heroes/villains like Batman: The Brave and the Bold did. Characters that kids play with the most should get more appearences on the show or maybe even bumped up to a show/movie of their own.

This isn't fucking hard, DC.
Time-Warner is controlled by people that only know how to measure success by how well a "block-buster" movie does.

Cartoons, not high profile enough, the comics, that's just where to get ideas for the next movie.

Skylander type game, they're already doing Hero Clix, and that only has appeal to those strange people that read comic books, so no way it could be popular as a video game.

I don't have much hope, with the current leadership, that any of this will change.

Time-Warner is controlled by people that only know how to measure success by how well a "block-buster" movie does.

Cartoons, not high profile enough, the comics, that's just where to get ideas for the next movie.

Skylander type game, they're already doing Hero Clix, and that only has appeal to those strange people that read comic books, so no way it could be popular as a video game.

I don't have much hope, with the current leadership, that any of this will change.
NO ONE PLAYS/CARES ABOUT HERO CLIX. Skylanders works because it has the integration of video games and action figures. You actually get to see your colorful, family friendly creature do stuff. This is why it works with kids. You do that and you won't have any trouble selling your cheap, plastic toys.

NO ONE PLAYS/CARES ABOUT HERO CLIX. Skylanders works because it has the integration of video games and action figures. You actually get to see your colorful, family friendly creature do stuff. This is why it works with kids. You do that and you won't have any trouble selling your cheap, plastic toys.
The fact that Disney decided to jump on the Skylanders bandwagon by making Disney Infinity should be proof to Time Warner about the potential of a DC Comics-themed Skylanders-type game.

The fact that Disney decided to jump on the Skylanders bandwagon by making Disney Infinity should be proof to Time Warner about the potential of a DC Comics-themed Skylanders-type game.
And Disney Infinite is getting Marvel heroes soon too! They just did a Disney Infinite trailer with Captain America's shield flying around. They are making so much fucking money off of the game and they are going to make tons more once the Avengers are playable.

How can Time Warner be so fucking dense?

I think Hero Clix has a pretty dedicated following. Not a monstrous success, but they keep making them.
HeroClix does have a dedicated following. It's just not the following that Time Warner is wanting to sell their toy.

I'm also speaking as someone who was a major HeroClix player, though I unfortunately dropped out of playing during my college years. The following for HeroClix is strong, but it doesn't seem like the audience which Time Warner wants, which is more mainstream.

I wasn't saying that anyone cared or played the Hero Clix, but that that was the attitude of the people in charge at TW. I believe that they look at it as "We already have a miniatures product line, we don't need to compete with ourselves on that." I honestly think that the honchos at TW are just that out of touch with the current collectable/gamer/comic fan/geek.

Hey now, don't go hating on Heroclix just because it's not Skylanders.

Last night, peer pressure from my lovely wife led to the decision to watch the season premiere of Mad Men (which I have seen all of up to now) instead of the latest Agents of Shield. (And no, I'm not typing it in all caps with periods in between. I'm a busy man. Ain't nobody got time for that.)

I...I can't honestly say that I made the right decision, entertainment-wise.

You would think, right? I don't know. Somehow the last season wasn't incredibly compelling. It's still well written and acted, but for some reason it doesn't grab me like it used to.

It's so strange that everything about these shows depend on the movie. I mean, the Batman animated series only had a few things in common with the Tim Burton movie, but overall, it was so thematically and stylistically different that it stood out on its own.
Had Burton's Batman been a huge bomb, I don't think the series would have gotten the studio support it did. Mostly because even if it's not directly tied to the movie, the audience wouldn't be there as much as if the movie was successful.

Season finale of Commmunity was no Season 3 finale, but it was LEAGUES above season four's.

Parks and Rec was very good tonight, Emotional growth all UP in this biz.