[Movies] Talk about the last movie you saw 2: Electric Threadaloo

Reactions
696 155 1
Not to mention the lampshade they threw on it in the trailers isn't in the movie at all.

Actually, I noticed a few things that were changed from the trailers, which I'm kinda surprised for an animated movie. (Not counting one of the post-credit scenes.) That's a lot of extra work.

Reactions
118 3 0
Buster Scruggs is uhhhhhh.....

huh. still have one story to go but we turned it off and went to bed. I'll finish it but probably on my own and then just tell my wife what happens in the last one.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,154 481 7
The last one is worth it. The best ones are the first, second, fourth, and last. I didn't like the third one about the guy with no arms and I thought the fifth one was just too damned slow. But the last one ends with a specific creepiness that I think ties it together nicely.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,154 481 7
AND HOLY FUCK!! Remember my thread about actors that play multiple roles that blow your mind? The kid with no arms and no legs was fucking Dudley from Harry Potter!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
3,161 739 14
Buster Scruggs is uhhhhhh.....

huh. still have one story to go but we turned it off and went to bed. I'll finish it but probably on my own and then just tell my wife what happens in the last one.
The last one is worth it. The best ones are the first, second, fourth, and last. I didn't like the third one about the guy with no arms and I thought the fifth one was just too damned slow. But the last one ends with a specific creepiness that I think ties it together nicely.
Yeah, the last one made it almost worth it to have not stopped after the second one.

Reactions
118 3 0
The big problem with a lot of them, in my opinion, is just that they're all like 5-10 minutes too long. I like the idea behind the actor one but oh man was it just too long for so little to happen. Same with the wagon train one with the lady and the dog. It's a fine story to tell but could have been told in 10 minutes, easy.

Reactions
809 228 4
Man, so I watched Interstellar again with a friend who'd never seen it. I haven't watched it since it was new. It's basically a movie that's less than the sum of it's parts. There are some of the most amazing sequences ever put to film, the water planet, Matt Damon's world, the docking sequence (oh my God the docking sequence), the MUSIC (Hans Zimmer's best work), the bleak hopelessness of it, the hopefulness of it at the same time. The problem is it's tied together with some really hokey dumb shit. Love transcends time and space, the clueless nature of these "EXPERTS" to bungle into these situations, etc. It bogs it down. I still love this movie, but I just wish it was better where it needed to be.

Reactions
345 39 0
Man, so I watched Interstellar again with a friend who'd never seen it. I haven't watched it since it was new. It's basically a movie that's less than the sum of it's parts. There are some of the most amazing sequences ever put to film, the water planet, Matt Damon's world, the docking sequence (oh my God the docking sequence), the MUSIC (Hans Zimmer's best work), the bleak hopelessness of it, the hopefulness of it at the same time. The problem is it's tied together with some really hokey dumb shit. Love transcends time and space, the clueless nature of these "EXPERTS" to bungle into these situations, etc. It bogs it down. I still love this movie, but I just wish it was better where it needed to be.
You've kind of described like 90% of Christopher Nolan's work.

Reactions
1,299 343 12
Does it make at least a little sense?
If you’re having trouble following the movie, it at least makes enough sense to allow you to figure out the movie (but of course the two have their differences because Hollywood). I feel like there’s a lot about the movie you were just already supposed to know going in “because ‘70’s.”

—Patrick