[Movies] Talk about the last movie you saw 2: Electric Threadaloo

Also Merry and Pippin's contributions in prompting the Ents into action. Still, most of the changes had sensible reasons behind them and worked out, so it's my favorite of the three.

I can pretty much say that the majority of the changes from the Books to the Movies were solid media difference changes. ALOT of the book's original style would not have translated well and Jackson did an amazing job porting it over. As for felt like a kids movie? The sheer amount of death and dismemberment makes me wonder what you classify as a children's film.

Watched Dredd. Loved it! Totally nailed the feel of the character and I so hope that it makes enough on DvD sales to green-light a sequel. I can dream.

Also finally saw Cabin the Woods. Awesome, fun and a great send-up of the genre.

The kiddos (the twins who are almost 4, and one who is almost 3) have a few bits of clothing that are Star Wars related. So, sure enough, they eventually started asking to see the movie. My joy and excitement cut short by the fact that they lost interest just as Luke was being introduced. But I guess it's too early to really tell, although I remember being hooked by the movies very early. I recall being super excited to see Return of the Jedi in a theater, and I must have only been three at the time.
At least they like Ducktales.

So they lost interest as the space story turned to character intro and a slower part of the movie, sounds typical for the age to me. Start from the Mos Eisley scene for the next viewing.

The kiddos (the twins who are almost 4, and one who is almost 3) have a few bits of clothing that are Star Wars related. So, sure enough, they eventually started asking to see the movie. My joy and excitement cut short by the fact that they lost interest just as Luke was being introduced. But I guess it's too early to really tell, although I remember being hooked by the movies very early. I recall being super excited to see Return of the Jedi in a theater, and I must have only been three at the time.
I hate to tell anyone this, but I actually showed my daughter episode 1 first. It's more action and she got into it more quickly. The good ones really have to wait until they're old enough to make it through all the introductory stuff.

Jet was able to sit through all of them. He nearly marathoned them...and that was when he was , like, 3.

Not bragging but it might just be a difference in kids and the like.

I sadly think the OT is too boring for kids today. My nephew loves SW (toys), but hasn't made it through the trilogy w/ me yet. I've failed him. :oops:[DOUBLEPOST=1365172852][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jet was able to sit through all of them. He nearly marathoned them...and that was when he was , like, 3.

Not bragging but it might just be a difference in kids and the like.
Well you have done.

Maybe you can show them the Clone Wars cartoon, if there's DVD's out? It's supposed to be pretty good and I bet it's got more action than the movies.

I sadly think the OT is too boring for kids today. My nephew loves SW (toys), but hasn't made it through the trilogy w/ me yet. I've failed him.
It's a matter of timing and child. I'm sure when you were a kid, there were kids who weren't into Star Wars. I know that was the case for me.

I showed the first one to my cousins after they turned 10. The boy loved it, the girl was bored. Haven't gotten around to showing them Empire yet. I have to give her credit; she's willing to give Empire a chance even though she didn't like the first movie. I doubt I'd have done the same for a movie I didn't like when I was 10.

Funny, this post reminded me that I have the Twilight series on Rifftrax and haven't ever watched it. Now's a good a time as any to start!

I've never done this in the past with any other form of media, but if someone tells me they enjoy Twilight, it literally makes me think that they are a stupider person.

The lady rented Bride Flight, a Dutch film about Dutch emigrants to New Zealand in the 1950s.

It was okay, but flawed. The entire plot was predictable after about 20 minutes in, but somehow they still manage to make the plot developments feel like they came out of nowhere. It's like someone pointing at a pie and saying he's going to throw it at your face, except the pie somehow flies up and hits you before he's even picked it up. You're all like, "Wait, hang on, that's not supposed to happen then."

As a "slice of life" movie though, it's not bad. And the New Zealand scenery is quite pretty.

Charlie Don't Surf
Bowielee

For me the reason I hate Twilight isn't the terrible romance, but the fact that I don't see ANY way how being a vampire in his universe would suck. They live forever, sun doesn't hurt them, and the opposite sex digs said vamp immensely. HOW IS THIS AWFUL?! Why, because your not human? Being human sucks ass!

Also how Edward calls himself a "vegetarian" vampire, because he eats animals instead of humans. No. No no no. In order to be a vegetarian vampire you drain life force from plants. I have read Bunnicula, and seen several episodes of Duckula, so I KNOW what a vegetarian vampire is.

Charlie Don't Surf
Bowielee

For me the reason I hate Twilight isn't the terrible romance, but the fact that I don't see ANY way how being a vampire in his universe would suck. They live forever, sun doesn't hurt them, and the opposite sex digs said vamp immensely. HOW IS THIS AWFUL?! Why, because your not human? Being human sucks ass!

Also how Edward calls himself a "vegetarian" vampire, because he eats animals instead of humans. No. No no no. In order to be a vegetarian vampire you drain life force from plants. I have read Bunnicula, and seen several episodes of Duckula, so I KNOW what a vegetarian vampire is.
Bunnicula vs My Teacher is an Alien.

FIGHT!

Charlie Don't Surf
Bowielee

Twilight suck because its an anti feminist tract disguised as fantasy.

Holy hell the Rifftrax Twilight series is fantastic.

On the other hand, I imagined how vapid and terribly done the Twilight films were, but I could have never figured they were worse than that.

I've only seen the first Twilight Rifftrax, and was in tears for most of it.

Llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllladies.