[PC Game] Take a cruise on The Ship with your pals from Halforums

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, so, it turns out, other players can count as witnesses, too. So all those "Where the hell is the camera that caught me?!" moments? Apparently if multiple other players are observing you, you count as being witnessed. Which is tricky because it puts a tiny "eye" icon above your main eye icon but doesn't turn the big eye icon red. The reason it does this is because "witnessing" isn't instant like a camera or security guard... it takes about 1 second to fill up the "witness" meter which then has the cops snag you.

So. There you go. It's not perfect safety in numbers because, as you can see from the videos, there were plenty of times where it was possible to whip out a weapon, one-shot the target, and put the weapon away before you get collared. But it explains all the times that people in large groups attempting murder got arrested.

Ok, so, it turns out, other players can count as witnesses, too. So all those "Where the hell is the camera that caught me?!" moments? Apparently if multiple other players are observing you, you count as being witnessed. Which is tricky because it puts a tiny "eye" icon above your main eye icon but doesn't turn the big eye icon red. The reason it does this is because "witnessing" isn't instant like a camera or security guard... it takes about 1 second to fill up the "witness" meter which then has the cops snag you.

So. There you go. It's not perfect safety in numbers because, as you can see from the videos, there were plenty of times where it was possible to whip out a weapon, one-shot the target, and put the weapon away before you get collared. But it explains all the times that people in large groups attempting murder got arrested.

I said that! Nobody listens to me!

That's because 90% of your speech of the evening was slurred hangover mumble. The only person with less distinct speech was the few minutes when Dei was eating while she played.
I both heard and understood him. I guess I have become fluent in drunk Terrik.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wasn't even drinking that night! I had tea! Green tea!
Well, *I* didn't say drunk, I said hung over. If I recall, you were pooped because the previous night's partying (during which you WERE in fact blackout drunk) had sapped all your energy.

We're still waiting for Karaoke vids, btw.

Well, *I* didn't say drunk, I said hung over. If I recall, you were pooped because the previous night's partying (during which you WERE in fact blackout drunk) had sapped all your energy.

We're still waiting for Karaoke vids, btw.

"Terrik has logged off"

Hungover Terrik is just a dialect of drunk Terrik. And it's less that I'm immersed in it 24/7 and more that on the rare occasions he's around these days, he only speaks in drunk.

figmentPez

Staff member

I noticed that smaller eye, but sometimes I got caught even without it showing up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I know it is kind of short notice, but would anybody be interested in another game of The Ship tomorrow (Saturday) night?

I can probably be there. I don't have any plans, but I'm also expecting news of a death so...
Yeah... I spent most of today up in Toledo visiting family over this. It hasn't happened yet but it's only a matter of time... so I don't have the energy energy tonight. Sorry. :(

GasBandit

Staff member
Ironically the only person to show was an (extremely drunk) Terrik, who proceeded to sing chinese karaoke for me for an hour while I played Fallout: New Vegas.

So I'm glad I didn't log into vent? I mean honestly, I saw him post in the drunk thread and assumed fighting with my daughter would be less annoying. ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
What songs did Terrik sing?
I couldn't tell you, but he did express concern that you would be harsh in your critique.

See, he had tried to put the video of his previous karaoke trip on youtube, but irony of ironies, "This video contains content from XYmusic 星娛音樂有限公司. It is not available in your country." CHINESE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT lawl. He tried vimeo, but they limit what you can upload unless you pay, so that was out. Plan C was to do it acapella.

But when he awoke sober the next morning, he, and I quote, "deleted the recording with extreme prejudice."

See what you guys miss out on when you go out on a saturday night? :p