Supervillainous

Zappit

Staff member
Woah. Supervillainous jumped up to 318 at The Webcomics List. It's getting close to cracking the top 300 after only four months of existence.

Zappit

Staff member
I finally installed Google Analytics, and I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed. Not in me, but some of you. Not one Canadian visitor today, on an update day. Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, sure...ZERO Canadians. Which leads me to some theories.

We've got Americans posing as Canadians.
Canada's Internet is out today. Try unplugging the modem and plugging it back in.
Canada hates me.

I finally installed Google Analytics, and I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed. Not in me, but some of you. Not one Canadian visitor today, on an update day. Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, sure...ZERO Canadians. Which leads me to some theories.

We've got Americans posing as Canadians.
Canada's Internet is out today. Try unplugging the modem and plugging it back in.
Canada hates me.
Another Theory: There is no Canada.

Zappit

Staff member
It's official. Canadians have overtaken Germans in terms of traffic numbers. Just thought I'd update that info for all the person who might be interested.

Zappit

Staff member
'Nother little milestone. When you type "Supervillainous" into Google, my site is the first one to come up. I had been buried under a lot of other results before.

Zappit

Staff member
I'm now up to 1,000 unique visitors this year on the home site. I've also started putting up vote incentives on my homepage, which has boosted my TWC rank up over 500 spots in a week.

Could turn out to be a good year.

Zappit

Staff member
Uh, wow. I've been hanging around the mid-300-400's in The Webcomic List. (not the one that requires voting) I go check my site a minute ago...

I'm 53.

Zappit

Staff member
I've hit 2,000 uniques so far this year, with a minimum of 500+ visits a week. People are still voting SV up even though I'm not actively campaigning this month.

Plus, here's a little bonus. Gul'Jagen and Dirk actually first appeared in another comic I worked on back in 2005. My partner from that comic had no problem with me just taking them.

Have you posted that on here before, or have I just been associated with this group for almost ten years now.... cause I know I've read that before.

Seriously, though, if you include the previous associated boards, I've been here a hell of a long time. Sometimes it all bleeds together :p

Zappit

Staff member
For the first time, Supervillainous has had over 1,000 unique hits in a week. I'm close to 1,200 right now. I think the Reddit post helped quite a bit there.

Not just a review, but an interview? People want to talk to you now and get your opinion on things?
Hmm, you might be catching on.

--Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
If you’ve been following my Miscellaneous thread, you’ve seen my recent color work. Turns out I’m able to produce extra pages and still keep Huzzah! updating weekly. Well, I felt nostalgic, and started to ponder what a Supervillainous reboot/relaunch might look like. Not that easy given how the strip ended, but in keeping with the comic’s history of taking the piss out of the genre, i made this.

7AB8F0A3-45F3-4D48-BFF1-E35D238C2806.png

Lord help me, I’m extremely tempted to keep going, especially now that I could handle two weekly comics.