• Patriots

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
up not enuf puppy bowl coverage on this site. Also, any great bets? Second year in the row I'm betting that there will be at least one asian dude in the stands. Last year there wasn't :(

It'd be funny if, in the so-called "Year of the Passer", if there was a record set for rushing yards in the SB - and, on top of that, the MVP was a running back.

The Madonna show is so weak I am literally googling to see if the 2011 Conan the Barbarian movie is out on blueray yet.

ElJuski

Staff member
are you kidding me? The Madonna show was fucking awesome. And this is coming from someone who didn't give a shit about Madonna playing even moments before.

Agreed, for her age and longevity in the business she killed it. I mean, do you remember the autracity that was the Rolling Stones Half Time Show a while back?

Madonna killed it. I don't even give a damn about Madonna, but I was impressed. I thought it was a very entertaining show.

And a hell of a lot better than the Black Eyed Peas.

Collinsworth was wanting to crucify Bradshaw for scoring that touchdown when he did. Excuse me? Scoring a touchdown should not ever be considered a mistake. I don't care if it is Tom Brady.

At first I was confused, because the giants literally created a path for him, and I was wondering if he was just showing off or what.

After a bit I understood that the Giants were pretty much guaranteed a touchdown at that point, and that strategically they were better off running down the clock as much as they could before getting it so the patriots wouldn't have as much time to counter it. Since this touchdown was a given, the patriots were better off letting them have it as soon as possible so they got as much time as possible to make a touchdown themselves.

He was intending to knee the ball just under a yard from the goal so they could continue to run the time down, but since he ran unopposed and misjudged his speed, he couldn't stop in time. You can see he's not just reversing, but getting down to drop his left knee. He just had too much momentum.

If the Patriots had won, everyone would have considered this moment to be the breaking point of the Giant's game. That's why people were upset with him - the play was running down the clock, not getting a goal, and he didn't make the play.

It's like I told my dad. Leave it to the Giants and the Patriots to turn the game into a clock management battle.

Dave

Staff member
At my Superbowl party everyone gave me crap because I said that the Patriots let him score. Nobody believed me.

Shannow

Staff member
Yeah, after the game, Bradshaw stated he mmade a mistake. He was told not to get the TD if the opportunity came, and he tried to stop at the line there, but his own momentum brought him in.

Either way...

GIANTS!!!

Trying to tell a running back not to score a touchdown is like trying to tell a thoroughbred not to win a race. Or like trying to tell Shego not to kill someone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.