Sunday NFL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the officials and fuck the NFL, that is all.
Don't blame the officials because you root for a team that plays about as well as its city's economic outlook.

I got to watch a solid outing by the G-Men, and pulled in some nice fantasy points.

Dave

Staff member
No, no, no! FUCK the Cowboy's offensive line and absolutely STUPID play calling at the end of the first half!

I'm pleased Green Bay was able to hold on to their lead. I swear, 17 point lead isn't even a safe place to be when watching the Pack.

C

Chazwozel

The NFL is probably the best officiated sport out there. Shut the hell up about calls.

Dave

Staff member
The NFL is probably the best officiated sport out there. Shut the hell up about calls.
The last few years have been TERRIBLE for calls in the NFL! We've had games decided by ref failures. This one may have been the technically correct call, but it's based on a rule that is total bullshit - like the tuck rule. As I said, I'm not a Detroit fan, nor am I a Bears fan. I had no horse in the race. Only reason I watched it was because it was the game that was on in HD in my market. But the Lions got fucking screwed.

L

Liv

It's a stupid rule. Of course, if the player in question had used both hands to come down with the ball, like every coach teaches, he would've probably won the game and gotten me a win in my offline fantasy league. And on the subject of of bad calls and current Bears, remember how awesome was?

Edit: Probably not as incredibly bad as , though.

The last few years have been TERRIBLE for calls in the NFL! We've had games decided by ref failures. This one may have been the technically correct call, but it's based on a rule that is total bullshit - like the tuck rule. As I said, I'm not a Detroit fan, nor am I a Bears fan. I had no horse in the race. Only reason I watched it was because it was the game that was on in HD in my market. But the Lions got fucking screwed.[/QUOTE]

Is it really? Or is our perception of the increase in bad calls directly related to the increased and broad spread exposure we have at our fingertips? Nobody knew it was a bad call on radio. People only thought it was a bad call when watching from the stands. Now we have all the information the NFL does in the palm of our hands instantly, not a day later in the newspapers.

And I have to say, I love my big screen TV, love the NFL in HD, love it in surround sound. So stop showing me cringe inducing replays of a guys knee bending like a pipe cleaner.

God, imagine it Joe Thiesman's thigh break was shown in high def??? They must have shown that hit 100 times before he was carted off the field.

At least they only showed the one from the Texans game once.

Status
Not open for further replies.