[Movies] Star Wars: Episode VII

TMZ has a number of photos showing the props and sets under construction.

Here is one of the spaceships being constructed for the film:
millennium-falcon-star-wars-spoiler-sneak-peek-behind-the-scenes-photos-014-480w.jpg

Must suck to be a wanted criminal with the most unique ship in the galaxy.
When that ship can do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, it doesn't matter how wanted the captain is or how unique it looks. No one's going to catch it.

By the way, the explanation of the Kessel Run having to do with dodging black holes in the Maw is now non-canon too. So we go back to Han Solo measuring the Kessel Run in parsecs being, simply, stupid.

figmentPez

Staff member
By the way, the explanation of the Kessel Run having to do with dodging black holes in the Maw is now non-canon too. So we go back to Han Solo measuring the Kessel Run in parsecs being, simply, stupid.
Wait, how many different explanations for the Kessel Run are there? I heard it was measured in parsecs because it involved transferring cargo between moving ships.

Wait, how many different explanations for the Kessel Run are there? I heard it was measured in parsecs because it involved transferring cargo between moving ships.
According to the most recent RPG the Kessel Run is difficult because of the black holes and other obstacles that get in the way. It is also a heavily patroled route by the Empire. The trip requires several hyperspace jumps, and several moments of piloting through normal space in order to get through it safely. Pulling off this stunt pretty much makes you a legend in the smuggling circle.

That was the first explanation I ever heard. The Kessel Run was made by a small cargo ship between two larger ones. The two big ones would get into different spots in a line of ships waiting to be scanned by Imperial customs ships. The first ship would get scanned and begin to depart. At that moment, the small cargo ship with the illegal goods would undock from the second ship and speed past the inspectors. It would then dock with the first ship and it would immediately go to hyperspace. So, the run would be measured in the distance it took your ship to get from the second ship to the first, the lower the number, the better your ship is. It was a known tactic of smugglers, so even attempting it was likely to get you blasted by the Imperials. So, actually completing the run AND having a low distance meant you were a BAMF.

Personally, I liked the script explanation of Han just pure boasting to try to impress Ben & Luke. You can see Obi-Wan give Han a sort of wry, "Ok, sure" expression just after the statement.

I'll believe it when I see it. Last I heard, Fox still owns the rights to the original six movies.
If that was true, Fox could've released such a project themselves. Instead, it was all on Lucas's plate, which leads me to believe it was Lucas's decision and one he forfeited when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

If that was true, Fox could've released such a project themselves. Instead, it was all on Lucas's plate, which leads me to believe it was Lucas's decision and one he forfeited when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
He also claimed that the original footage was destroyed, and thus was impossible.