Export thread

Star Wars Behind-the-Scenes and/or 'Making of'

dill616

dill616

Up until two months ago, I had never before seen a Star Wars movie- at all. None. Nada. Gar nichts. General Specific then came into my life and slowly introduced me to the badassery that is the War of Stars.

Last night, we finished Episode 3 and I'm now interested in watching some 'Making of' documentaries and/or behind-the-scenes footage. I love seeing how things are filmed, developed, and created. I have all 3 extended DVD packages of the LOTR movies, which I have watched in their entirety more than once. This is the sort of thing I'm interested in finding in the Star Wars universe.

Rambling aside; what movies, documentaries, or featurettes would you recommend we check out? I know there are plenty to pick from, but are there a few that stand out above the others?

Jay

Jay

Play Knights of the Old Republic... both of them.

dill616

dill616

Play Knights of the Old Republic... both of them.
Is that a co-op game Le General and I could play together?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

There's a really amazing documentary thing about the making of Star Wars on Youtube. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, I watched it at a party / big group of people a while back, and it was in several parts.

bhamv3

bhamv3

There are amazing fan films on Youtube of people having lightsaber duels, which is totally not what you asked for, but I just gotta mention them anyway, because of how awesome they are.

dill616

dill616

There's a really amazing documentary thing about the making of Star Wars on Youtube. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, I watched it at a party / big group of people a while back, and it was in several parts.
Do you mean "Empire of Dreams?"

Dave

Dave

Also, now that you are into it and watched the movies, you need to see a film called Fanboys. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/

GasBandit

GasBandit

Last night, we finished Episode 3
Tell me, TELL ME this doesn't mean you haven't seen 4 5 and 6 yet? You didn't watch the prequels FIRST did you?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Also, now that you are into it and watched the movies, you need to see a film called Fanboys. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/
Only after watching every episode of Star Trek ever.

Dave

Dave

Tell me, TELL ME this doesn't mean you haven't seen 4 5 and 6 yet? You didn't watch the prequels FIRST did you?
I didn't even catch that. If he made her watch the prequels first he's a terrible boyfriend and should feel terrible.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Do you mean "Empire of Dreams?"
I think so, that looks like it

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't even catch that. If he made her watch the prequels first he's a terrible boyfriend and should feel terrible.
Were it me, I would have gone with the "flashback" play order. 4,5,1,2,3,6.

that way, you get the vader origin story right at the end of empire, when luke is convalescing after cloud city and trying to come to grips with finding out vader is his father. And I never thought I would put this in spoilers unironically.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Were it me, I would have gone with the "hatchet" play order. 4,5,_,2,3,6.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Were it me, I would have gone with the "hatchet" play order. 4,5,_,2,3,6.
I disagree. Anyone aspiring to star wars fandom must, must see episode 1. So they realize that Lucas turned to the dark side. It is like a rite of passage.

Just... not first.

Bubble181

Bubble181

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are both single player RPGs. No multiplayer. Compare and contrast to their sequel, TOR, which is a misshapen abomination of an MMO (sort of).

But now that you've finished the 6 movies, I hope GS will give you the peak into GasBandit's soul that is the Christmas Special. :D

bhamv3

bhamv3

1 is a better movie than 2, I think.

dill616

dill616

Fret not, dear people! We watched the movies in the order that they were released in theaters. All 6 movies have now been seen by one Ms. Dill and will be seen again. I like 'em! :D

Last night, I said that Episode 3 was my favorite movie and Gen Spec looked at me with a sideways glance while asking, "You mean of the prequels, right? Not your over-all favorite movie?" Touchy! Yes, it was my favorite of the prequels! I need to watch the original 3 again to make a ruling on my favorite, but Empire Strikes Back is inching ahead in the ranks.[DOUBLEPOST=1344352686][/DOUBLEPOST]
KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are both single player RPGs. No multiplayer. Compare and contrast to their sequel, TOR, which is a misshapen abomination of an MMO (sort of).

But now that you've finished the 6 movies, I hope GS will give you the peak into GasBandit's soul that is the Christmas Special. :D
We've talked about this one and I NEED TO SEE IT! He's firmly against watching it, but I'm all for the delicious disgrace that is the Christmas Special!

Jay

Jay

No. He could however watch you play.

It is a an interesting game to watch others play.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

We've talked about this one and I NEED TO SEE IT! He's firmly against watching it, but I'm all for the delicious disgrace that is the Christmas Special!
Whatever fries your brain, missy ;)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is a great example of what was wrong with 1970's TV. There was a lot of crap out there at the time just like it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I need to watch the original 3 again to make a ruling on my favorite, but Empire Strikes Back is inching ahead in the ranks.
Hrm. The Geek Cred force is strong with this one.

Question... did you watch "Clerks?"

dill616

dill616

Hrm. The Geek Cred force is strong with this one.

Question... did you watch "Clerks?"

I've seen bits and pieces of "Clerks" from times when the movie has aired on basic cable. Keep in mind I was 8 when it came out.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've seen bits and pieces of "Clerks" from times when the movie has aired on basic cable. Keep in mind I was 8 when it came out.
It's the Gas Bandit "Choose your own forum reply" game!

If Gas Bandit says "8? Did you start yelling "Try not to suck any dicks on your way through the parking lot!" at random strangers, to the embarrasment of your parents?" turn to page 352.

If Gas Bandit says "8 when Clerks came out?! How can you possibly be legal to post in the sex thread? You're a baby! A BABY! IT'S ALWAYS 1997 IN MY MIND WHAAARGARBL" turn to page 423.

If Gas Bandit says "Oh, well, there's a discussion between the two protagonists about which star wars movie has the better ending, empire or jedi, and it exemplified the idea that real geeks like empire best. Also there's other star wars debates," then continue reading this thread.

dill616

dill616

I'm not the type of person to put emphasis on the level of one's geekery. However, if I had to pick between the two movies, Empire has the better ending hands down. After watching Jedi, I turned to Gen Spec and proclaimed, "Star Wars did NOT just end with a teddy bear party in the forest!" Empire gives you the big reveal that Vader is Luke's father while showing Luke's resistance to turn to the dark side. At the same time, the sibling relationship between Luke and Leia is foreshadowed by their telepathic connection. Han and Leia admit their badass love for one another right before he is freaking frozen and carried off into space by a sketchy bounty hunter. At the end of Empire, there's this whole set up for the finale to the juicy, succulent awesomeness of this space opera. It leaves you demanding to know what happens next while not feeling overly-jaded by any major cliffhangers. If Empire would have ended with Vader asking Luke to come to the dark side and nothing more, then that would have been too much, but having him deny Vader and then take a stance against the empire gives you a nice conclusion without being too satisfying. I'm done with dinner, but I'm saving room for dessert.

And that is how I feel about that.

Dave

Dave

Originally, the Ewoks were going to be more Wookies. But Lucas wanted to appeal to the younger audience so he ruined it for all the people who made him money by watching New Hope and Empire. Empire was such a grown-up movie and didn't talk down to you at all. Jedi threw all thought out the window and turned it into a big fucking joke.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was 13-14 when Jedi came out, the whole time they were on the planet... I just sat there saying "fucking baby bears" killing 6 foot tall men in armor with little sticks...

The booby traps are the only thing that made that entire sequence plausible.

dill616

dill616

Originally, the Ewoks were going to be more Wookies. But Lucas wanted to appeal to the younger audience so he ruined it for all the people who made him money by watching New Hope and Empire. Empire was such a grown-up movie and didn't talk down to you at all. Jedi threw all thought out the window and turned it into a big fucking joke.

Mofo Wookie showdown?! YES! Oh, that would have been so awesome. You can really tell how commercialized things became towards the end of the trilogy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'd love to find all the "making of" TV specials that were put out as each movie premiered. They were more the nuts and bolts of how blue screening and miniature effects were done. The shows were even hosted by Mark Hamill.[DOUBLEPOST=1344367738][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.documentarywire.com/making-star-wars

google fu.

Blocked Content from 20th Century Fox

General Specific

General Specific

Ok, several comments here.

1) I have Kotor 1 & 2, so Dill may play them once I get them back from the friend I loaned them to.

2) I have both Fanboys and Clerks, so both films may be watched.

3) I insisted she see the movies in the proper order (4,5,6,1,2,3) and the Original Cut of the first three as well.

4) I will watch episode 1 again before I see the Christmas Special again

Soliloquy

4) I will watch episode 1 again before I see the Christmas Special again
Hear that? All you have to do is watch Episode 1 again, and you can watch the Christmas special!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

You poor kids. You totally missed out on the 1970's drive-in movie experience. I got to watch A New Hope (which was just Star Wars at the time) in my nightgown, in the back of my parents' car when I was about 5 years old. It was groovy. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

You poor kids. You totally missed out on the 1970's drive-in movie experience. I got to watch A New Hope (which was just Star Wars at the time) in my nightgown, in the back of my parents' car when I was about 5 years old. It was groovy. :)
I saw the New-and-Improved* version of A New Hope in my own car a few years back. Does that count? :p

*Not actually improved.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The theater I saw A New Hope in is long gone (just Star Wars here, too). :(

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hear that? All you have to do is watch Episode 1 again, and you can watch the Christmas special!
I thought the standard reward for having to watch Ep 1 was something we had a thread for*? For watching the Christmas Special, well, before starting that, we have another thread you might want to check out**.
I don't see the upside to a transaction where one is reward for the other.

*I mean the "I just had sex thread"
**I mean the "I'm too hig/wasted/drunk" thread

dill616

dill616

I thought the standard reward for having to watch Ep 1 was something we had a thread for*? For watching the Christmas Special, well, before starting that, we have another thread you might want to check out**.
I don't see the upside to a transaction where one is reward for the other.

*I mean the "I just had sex thread"
**I mean the "I'm too hig/wasted/drunk" thread

The reward for watching Ep 1 isn't so much as a reward as it is a recreational activity. That's what he gets for dating a younger woman and being so f-ing sexy! :D

The reward for the Christmas Special is nixed based on the fact that I am sober and have been for many years now. In order to get Gen Spec to consider watching the Xmas failure, I'd have to do something I swore my feminist ways would never permit me to do; paint on the Slave Leia Costume. :rage: I hate that damn costume.

evilmike

evilmike

Up until two months ago, I had never before seen a Star Wars movie- at all. None. Nada. Gar nichts. General Specific then came into my life and slowly introduced me to the badassery that is the War of Stars.

Last night, we finished Episode 3 and I'm now interested in watching some 'Making of' documentaries and/or behind-the-scenes footage. I love seeing how things are filmed, developed, and created. I have all 3 extended DVD packages of the LOTR movies, which I have watched in their entirety more than once. This is the sort of thing I'm interested in finding in the Star Wars universe.

Rambling aside; what movies, documentaries, or featurettes would you recommend we check out? I know there are plenty to pick from, but are there a few that stand out above the others?
Have you watched the prequel critiques on Red Letter Media?

Bubble181

Bubble181

paint on the Slave Leia Costume. :rage: I hate that damn costume.
Paint on? I like the way your mind works. Can I subscribe to your newsletter :awesome:?
There's always ways of getting him back, though; have him emulate Han from the same scene :p

dill616

dill616

Have you watched the prequel critiques on Red Letter Media?
Negative, but this will be looked into.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Be sure to leave your sanity at the door.

dill616

dill616

Paint on? I like the way your mind works. Can I subscribe to your newsletter :awesome:?
Newsletters are for wimps who can't handle anything longer than bullet notes. I'm working on the manuscript now. *cracks knuckles* Suck it, bitches.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Suck it, bitches.
Does that work like N-word privileges? :p

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I've said that a few times, and have not been called on it... keep it plural though.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've said that a few times, and have not been called on it... keep it plural though.
yeah, but you're a dog. That's the same race, after all :p

dill616

dill616

O__o

No.

I'm not offended by the word 'bitch' in the least. If you're calling me out when I'm being one, then I'll usually reply with, "My hair is brown. The sky is blue. JK Rowling has a good bit of money. What? I thought we were stating the obvious." If you call me a bitch and I'm not being one...well, then you might as well call me a kangaroo for all the good it'll do. 'Bitch' doesn't hurt my feelings. Insulting my intelligence, however, is grounds for getting cut. Them's fightin' words.

Edit: This is coming from someone who has an African American goddaughter and has seen racial/religious prejudice first hand. I have sensitivities to the N-word among other words.

Bubble181

Bubble181

O__o

No.

I'm not offended by the word 'bitch' in the least. If you're calling me out when I'm being one, then I'll usually reply with, "My hair is brown. The sky is blue. JK Rowling has a good bit of money. What? I thought we were stating the obvious." If you call me a bitch and I'm not being one...well, then you might as well call me a kangaroo for all the good it'll do. 'Bitch' doesn't hurt my feelings. Insulting my intelligence, however, is grounds for getting cut. Them's fightin' words.
I was joking and referring to another thread (I'm sure it's still somewhere in the Hall of Shame, but don't go looking, it's not particularly interesting, there's better reads in there) where I got called on calling someone else a bitch, and to a thread around here quite recently where the "N-word privileges" were being discussed. I was aware that you weren't calling anyone a bitch, and it's good to know you wouldn't be offended if I called you what you were being. Which, for the moment, you aren't, for the record.

You ewe! ...that doesn't work quite as well as an insult :oops:

dill616

dill616

I was joking and referring to another thread (I'm sure it's still somewhere in the Hall of Shame, but don't go looking, it's not particularly interesting, there's better reads in there) where I got called on calling someone else a bitch, and to a thread around here quite recently where the "N-word privileges" were being discussed. I was aware that you weren't calling anyone a bitch, and it's good to know you wouldn't be offended if I called you what you were being. Which, for the moment, you aren't, for the record.

You ewe! ...that doesn't work quite as well as an insult :oops:

Okay, I see. I'm still learning all of the inside jokes. As I mentioned before, I really despise the N-word. Add the F-word and any other slur of that sort of nature to the list, too.

You are forgiven! For now....:rolleyes:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Okay, I see. I'm still learning all of the inside jokes. As I mentioned before, I really despise the N-word. Add the F-word and any other slur of that sort of nature to the list, too.

You are forgiven! For now....:rolleyes:
The F-word? You mean
Fiddlesticks
? I'd never use such a word around a lady. That would just be wrong.

dill616

dill616

The F-word? You mean
Fiddlesticks
? I'd never use such a word around a lady. That would just be wrong.

Actually, it's....

fudgeknuckles ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

The theater I saw A New Hope in is long gone (just Star Wars here, too). :(
Yeah the drive-in where I watched it closed a long, long time ago.[DOUBLEPOST=1344447462][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually, it's....

fudgeknuckles ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
OMG you're the only other person I know who uses that term!

strawman

strawman

dill616

dill616

HOW U KNOW THAT TERM?! :eek: I was playing Wii one day when Mario fell in the lava for the ten billionth time when I yelled out "Fuuuuuudgeknuckles!" It's been my default faux swear ever since and works wonders when I'm around my goddaughter.

dill616

dill616

Now I have this stuck in my head:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

HOW U KNOW THAT TERM?! :eek: I was playing Wii one day when Mario fell in the lava for the ten billionth time when I yelled out "Fuuuuuudgeknuckles!" It's been my default faux swear ever since and works wonders when I'm around my goddaughter.
It just came out one day when I was in the car with my son who was a toddler at the time. I usually said "fudge" as my faux swear word, but this day I was really, really aggravated with a person on the I-5 in San Diego and I blurted out "ARGH! FUDGEKNUCKLES!!!" instead of what I wanted to call the driver. It made me laugh at myself so it stuck.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Try as he might to destroy all evidence of its existence, Lucas just can't seem to keep it off youtube.

I made it almost ten minutes in once.

dill616

dill616

Try as he might to destroy all evidence of its existence, Lucas just can't seem to keep it off youtube.

I found the whole thing on google videos. AWWWW YEAH! Let the camp-tastic 70's special begin!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Stir, whip, stir, whip, whip whip, stir...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Just like Nic.....

I just can't do it again!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just can't do it again!
ALSO sounds like Nick's Prom night.

dill616

dill616

Major spoilers, 'kay?

12:47 in the special and Luke just showed up with R2. Chewie's family has been...interesting. Chewie's dad has no teeth and his kid looks like he's going to rip off my face as I'm sleeping. His wife is basically Chewie sans belt.

Update: 18 minutes in. Luke makes an appearance. Don't worry, R2. Nobody's perfect.

20 mins in...WE HAVE VADER!

30 mins in...did grandpa Wookie just put on a sex helmet and is getting off in the middle of the living room on a purple-haired woman's voice? He is watching kaleidoscopic porn! Did I just go behind the green door?!

40 mins in...PRINCESS LEIA! STORM TROOPERS! CHEWIE NEEDS EXERCISE!

50 mins in...Jefferson Starship is singing on some strange portable TV for the imperial guards. I now know what it's like to trip balls.

60 mins in...Saturday morning Star Wars cartoon featuring Boba Fett!

1 hr 10 mins...Leave it to a droid to get down to the bottom of things! Now, let's get off of this galactic raindrop.:csi: Awwwwwwww! The mean guards tried to rip apart the kid's snuffleupagus!

1 hr 20 mins...I don't...I just don't understand anymore. Satan is teaching me how to hook up transmitters. Is this real life? What is going on?! Bea Arthur?! I NEED AN ADULT!! :aaah:

1 hr 30 mins...This show has touched me in a bad, bad place. Bea Arthur is singing and the Empire has closed down the bar in Tatooine. This is goodnight friends but not goodbye friends. There's a giant rat. I feel dirty for having hung on this long. I'm so close to being done. Wtf, are they doing a combination Hora and Bunny Hop out the door?

1 hr 40 mins...Chewie just showed up at home to find a Storm Trooper chasing his kid with a gun. GET 'EM, CHEW CHEW!! Oh, you're just going to step aside and let the Trooper point a gun at you? Whatever- GET 'EM, HAN HAN!

1 hr 50 mins...The wookies are wearing red robes and carrying candles for some reason...R2D2 and C3PO just showed up...I...I...I...Leia?! Luke?! HAN?!! There's a tree of life...omfg Leia is singing. Carrie Fisher is singing about Live Day.

1 hr 56 mins...There's some sort of weird montage going on from the movies and from the show. There's vague Star Wars music in the background. My brain hurts. I feel nauseous. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. I don't. Someone hold me. Dill is in desperate need of huggles.

Ending: The Wookie family is sitting around the table for some sort of blessing/celebratory meal. Heads are bowed...and we're done.

1 hr 58 mins...I need something to help clear my head of this abomination. DA DA CIRCUS DA DA AFRO, CIRCUS AFRO, CIRCUS AFRO, POLKA DOT, POLKA DOT AFRO!!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Holy crap this holiday special is BAD...

I'm 20 minutes in... and I want to shoot myself...

dill616

dill616

Holy crap this holiday special is BAD...

I'm 20 minutes in... and I want to shoot myself...
But it's 70's television bad! Happy Life Day!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I recommend watching Nostalgia Critic's review of the Holiday Special... including some of the subtitles he gives for what the Wookiees are saying XD

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

But it's 70's television bad! Happy Life Day!!

This thing is like a train wreck... I can't look away.

What the hell is up with Grandpa Wookie and the weird holo-program thingy? lol!!!

dill616

dill616

This thing is like a train wreck... I can't look away.

What the hell is up with Grandpa Wookie and the weird holo-program thingy? lol!!!
I know!! He was watching kaleidoscopic porn!

Bubble181

Bubble181

12:47 in the special and Luke just showed up with R2. Chewie's family has been...interesting.

Update: 18 minutes in. Luke makes an appearance. Don't worry, R2. Nobody's perfect.

20 mins in...WE HAVE VADER!

30 mins in...did grandpa Wookie just put on a sex helmet and is getting off in the middle of the living room on a purple-haired woman's voice? Did I just go behind the green door?!

40 mins in...PRINCESS LEIA! STORM TROOPERS! CHEWIE NEEDS EXERCISE!

50 mins in...Jefferson Starship is singing on some strange portable TV for the imperial guards. I now know what it's like to trip balls.

60 mins in...Saturday morning Star Wars cartoon featuring Boba Fett!

1 hr 10 mins...Leave it to a droid to get down to the bottom of things! Now, let's get off of this galactic raindrop.:csi: Awwwwwwww! The mean guards tried to rip apart the kid's snuffleupagus!

1 hr 20 mins...I don't...I just don't understand anymore. Satan is teaching me how to hook up transmitters. Is this real life? What is going on?! Bea Arthur?! I NEED AN ADULT!! :aaah:

Y'know, I've never actually seen the Holiday Special myself. Spoilers! OMG! :aaah:

That aside....Are you completely serious? Because, man, I've got to get my girlfriend to watch the first 6 movies so I can see this with her while high :p

dill616

dill616

I LIVED!!! I SURVIVED!! I MADE IT OUT ALIVE!! :cry:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

And now you can understand why the Punk Rock Movement was so angry at the time.

dill616

dill616

Y'know, I've never actually seen the Holiday Special myself. Spoilers! OMG! :aaah:

That aside....Are you completely serious? Because, man, I've got to get my girlfriend to watch the first 6 movies so I can see this with her while high :p
I swear on my love of all things mint chocolate that I was making NONE of it up. I didn't even mention all of the 'wtf?' moments. This damn special made no sense. NONE AT ALL.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I seriously never made it past the opening with Chewie's family. I've tried to watch it a few times, I just couldn't do it.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I swear on my love of all things mint chocolate that I was making NONE of it up. I didn't even mention all of the 'wtf?' moments. This damn special made no sense. NONE AT ALL.

I concur with this conclusion. I watched it on youtube today as well... and... WTF???!!! It was so incredibly bizarre.

dill616

dill616

I concur with this conclusion. I watched it on youtube today as well... and... WTF???!!! It was so incredibly bizarre.
We can get through this together. Honestly, when compared to bad 70's TV specials, this program STILL doesn't make sense. It's just so wrong on so many levels.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

We can get through this together. Honestly, when compared to bad 70's TV specials, this program STILL doesn't make sense. It's just so wrong on so many levels.

"Many brain cells died to bring us this holiday special"

It really is a new level of awful. I'm pretty sure most star wars fan films are better (both in quality and story... sadly).

General Specific

General Specific

Dear Sir,

You have damaged my woman's mind. I request a formal apology or I shall be forced to seek satisfaction.

General Specific

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Dear Sir,

You have damaged my woman's mind. I request a formal apology or I shall be forced to seek satisfaction.

General Specific

General Specific

General Specific

dill616

dill616

:confused: *rocks in the corner, sobbing*

:notes: I see the moon and the moon sees me. Chewie has a family that is so freaky.:notes:

I believe there is an episode of Man Lab which has the ability to give specific instructions on how to amend this situation. Pistols at dawn.

General Specific

General Specific

Lightsabers at dawn, you mean. ;)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

You could use blasters at dawn too.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You could use blasters at dawn too.
too uncivilized.

BAN ALL BLASTERS

dill616

dill616

Make sure you get a second. If hands start getting chopped off, I may duck and cover. I'm too damn pretty to be maimed by a lightsaber.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I saw quite a bit of it during the original network broadcast. I remember something happened and I missed a lot of it because my mother couldn't understand how important it was that we be home in front of the Star Wars box that evening instead of eating dinner or whatever silly other thing it was we were doing.

Decades later, I learned how clever she had been.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I was just quoting Han Solo. :(
Also, while I recognize and respect the badassery of Mace Windu, what a freaking disappointing end for Jango Fett that was.

General Specific

General Specific

Also, while I recognize and respect the badassery of Mace Windu, what a freaking disappointing end for Jango Fett that was.

bhamv3

bhamv3

If only someone had cloned Jango so his badassery could live on.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

If only someone had cloned Jango so his badassery could live on.
Yeah but Boba Fett also had a disappointing death, unless you read the extended universe stuff where he survived the Sarlaac pit. Really, the movies don't actually show either Jango or Boba Fett ACTUALLY doing anything cool, they just look cool, and then die.

And if you mean the Storm Troopers.... no.