Something Weird Happened to my Desktop & Explorer

Welp, it's fixed. I have to reinstall all my apps and games, but it's fixed. HOPEFULLY my saved games are on a Steam cloud or something. I didn't back them up though (didn't realize that was a feature on Steam until I just reinstalled it).

Sucks to have to reinstall them, but those are easy compared to handling the rest of my documents.

Actually, never mind! The games were still all installed. I just had to move them to the new Steam folder (since I did have to reinstall Steam) and boom. When I go to reinstall any of the previous games, Steam just recognizes them.

*sigh* And of course, because nothing can go right for me, the Steam game desktop icons keep showing as blank. I've had this problem before and I swear there was an easy way to fix them all at once. But the only solution I'm finding right now is manually going into each icon properties and changing them with the game's exe file. But that's goddamn time consuming for over 20 games.

Here's how you fixed it last time:

I found the fix: when choosing an app, choose open with "internet browser." I set that to the default and all the icons returned the normal.

No idea how or why that screwed up in the first place.
Hopefully it works as well this time.