Skyrim Mods YOU Want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Nope. Reinstalled the latest after the patch. Now it works. I'm wide awake and rarin' to go, baby!

Dave

Staff member
That's exactly what I mean. I tried it and it works fine. You want screen prints or something? :confused:

It works, now, for me.

Either, way, fucking, stop, it, all, of, you, before, I, hand, out, some, citations. Comma comma period.

Remember, if you kill a mountie, they'll hunt you to the ends of the earth. To date, there is not one unsolved murder of an RCMP officer. They always find them. And in a surprisingly high number of cases, the suspect doesn't survive capture.

To further the derailment, re: no unsolve mountie murders, Do they have a different way of working through post mortem investigations? I recently watched a documentary about our system for post mordem investigation, and it's pretty sad. Many of the coroners in America don't even have medical experience, and those that do are sometimes forced to literally work with hardware store implements.

It's the same here, difference is there's so few mountie killings in comparison to a lot of law enforcement in the states and those that happen are very easy to solve.

When we lose a guy, it's national news. When a New York cop is killed on duty, it's Tuesday.

I surmise that up there, it's mostly the same as down here: the dirties run from you, rather than stay and fight.

Tonight, we had one suckerpunch an officer and take off running. He was in custody a half hour later. There was about 20 of us who appeared in the area. Dumbass didn't know who he was messing with.

For sure, yes, I've been involved in fucking royal rumbles with rig pigs cracked the fuck out up north and those guys are like fighting 300 pound gorillas with limitless energy but those are 1/1000.

Not as bad as a story I heard from a member in Lethbridge that told me about a guy on PCP that had stabbed someone in a bar that they ended up having to break both of his arms to subdue him. He was feeling no pain and OC and Tazer had zero effect on him. It took four members. It had come down to that or shooting him.

It's the same here, difference is there's so few mountie killings in comparison to a lot of law enforcement in the states and those that happen are very easy to solve.

When we lose a guy, it's national news. When a New York cop is killed on duty, it's Tuesday.
It's probably because your country has a lot of restrictive gun laws while ours lets anyone do whatever with them.

...wait.

Slowly been playing the game, every game session adding 1-2 mods since that patch fucken ruined all sense of game stability with CTDs every 15 minutes. Now the 4Gig Skyrim "mod" is a must if I want to play more than 20 minutes at a time.

Here's to hoping the "general stability fixes" expected in 1.3 will fix this because needless to say, how the game can go from NEVER CRASHING to crashing every 15-20 minutes (now I get 45 min with the mod) is beyond me and yet again, another sparkling example of poor Bethesda QA.

Am I one of the few that has seen next to no problems with the patch? I had one crash to desktop in several hours of playing, and no noticeable other glitches in the game.

I find it ironic that the console version is the most stable iteration. It was the other way around for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

I find it ironic that the console version is the most stable iteration. It was the other way around for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
I wouldn't be surprised that some of the problems are the texture mods. You add all that extra memory they're not budgeting for (and texture size sometimes), and I'm not surprised that you get crashes as a result.

GasBandit

Staff member
Slowly been playing the game, every game session adding 1-2 mods since that patch fucken ruined all sense of game stability with CTDs every 15 minutes. Now the 4Gig Skyrim "mod" is a must if I want to play more than 20 minutes at a time.

Here's to hoping the "general stability fixes" expected in 1.3 will fix this because needless to say, how the game can go from NEVER CRASHING to crashing every 15-20 minutes (now I get 45 min with the mod) is beyond me and yet again, another sparkling example of poor Bethesda QA.
You could revert back to the original version, right? I've never patched and I hardly ever crash.

I just didn't patch, and it's pretty much always been stable.

Man I am getting the itch to play again but I am kind of worried about starting over. I already started a new character and put her in the Thieves Guild but I already feel like I am retreading some stuff.

Reverting back isn't possible as far as I know....

Couldn't help but patch since my Steam is on 24/7 and by the time I came home, the game was updated with their shit patch.

The CTD issues are regardless what mods I use.

I ran the game 40+ hours to no issues beyond the occassional crash to a patch that caused the game to crash every 15 minutes and giving me purple textures... without any mods installed.

4G Mod allows me to play 30-45 minutes.

So definitely memory problems related or texture related.

Also, dragons fly backwards everywhere.

Yeah, I play on PC, I have a shitload of mods and I've seen very little change in stability since the patch.

As discussed, that enrages me that from PC to the next the experience can be totally different. Fuck, the game had NOOOO problems before this fucken patch... none.... NONE. I was like.... Bethesda... new game... stable? What?

I used to play Skyrim, then I took a patch to the knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.