1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Site connection issue?

Discussion in 'Board Requests & Bug Reports' started by blotsfan, May 10, 2017.

1. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,913
    I can't connect to this site from my computer. I tried using a different browser or incognito mode but that didn't help. Using a proxy made it work though and I was able to ping it so I dunno. I know net neutrality is the big thing these days, but I can't imagine halforums will be the first target. Any ideas?

2. PatrThom

PatrThom Genuinely Curious

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB11,431
    I assume you've already tested that you can successfully get to other websites.
    Check to make sure the date and time are set properly on your computer? Halforums is a secure site (https://), so you won't be able to connect if your date and time are off current by more than whatever the tolerance is.

--Patrick

3. blotsfan

blotsfan Upper Crust

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,913
    I had been to other https sites, but its working now. That's weird though, it was a few hours.

4. Dave

Dave I'm not that fucking old! Staff Member

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB6,622
    I never had any issues, but I've been gone for a while so I couldn't log in.