Single Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She can have my sisters if it means she'll get rid of their current boyfriends.

What? I'm an older brother, I'm supposed to hate my sisters' boyfriends.

Sucks for the relationship, good for you, and all that jazz.

You can have my sister, if it means her moving to the US and disappearing mysteriously. :-P

Dave

Staff member
My sister is 47 and rides Harleys to South Dakota. If you could "turn" her it would be fricking hilarious!

And it's never too late to start school. I didn't start until I was in my late 30's.

So many sisters, so little time!

As for school, you better believe I'm already looking into it once I get all my things moved up here (she's still living in our house till her semester is out and I'm staying with my brother 4hrs away). I'm considering a few temporary courses to get me started.

I've heard of SAM radar operators cooking hot dogs near their transmitters. 30 seconds, they said, and it was a done deal. Don't know how true that is, but sounds very plausible.

The Mythbusters proved that you can make C4 explode with a microwave and some metal bits, so don't try cooking c4 hot dogs with a microwave, m'kay?

Considerable amounts of microwave radiation is released by military or aviation grade radar, that's why they can cook hot dogs on it. Think about it, your average kitchen microwaves is about 1000 watts using house current. Then compare that to the amount of juice behind a military radar array...

As for the C4? Very simple: the metal bits in a microwave cause electric arcing, and electric current is the primary method of detonating C4.

Cajungal

Staff member
Still thinking about culinary school, right? I hope you do it! I'd say I'm sorry about the ended relationship, but it sounds like you're doing just fine and that it was all for the best. So good luck in all your new endeavors. Also congrats on seeing your abs.

Dave

Staff member
Microwaves were invented because a chocolate bar melted in a guy's pocket standing in front of a radar/satelite array.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

The heating effect of microwaves was discovered accidentally in 1945. Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine, was building magnetrons for radar sets with the American company Raytheon. He was working on an active radar set when he noticed that a peanut chocolate bar he had in his pocket started to melt. The radar had melted his chocolate bar with microwaves. The first food to be deliberately cooked with Spencer's microwave was popcorn, and the second was an egg, which exploded in the face of one of the experimenters. To verify his finding, Spencer created a high density electromagnetic field by feeding microwave power into a metal box from which it had no way to escape. When food was placed in the box with the microwave energy, the temperature of the food rose rapidly.

I am very much liking the way this thread is headed. :biggrin:-:thumbsup:

Still thinking about culinary school, right? I hope you do it! I'd say I'm sorry about the ended relationship, but it sounds like you're doing just fine and that it was all for the best. So good luck in all your new endeavors. Also congrats on seeing your abs.
Culinary is still very much in the forefront of my thoughts, but I may pick up a different temporary education in the meantime (An ITT school near my brother's place has 8 months courses with some very nice job results)

You know, while we don't talk any more, my sister is a lesbian and my only competition for inheritance. Interesting...

The ones I'm seeing are like "Broken up? How to get back your ex" or "Singles, meet that new special someone", with images looking like they're lifted from some shitty Fox reality show.

Ouch. Sorry to hear.

I got a sister as well but I'll spare you the hardships ahead of time by stating it's due time you switch teams Shegs.

:p

The ones I'm seeing are like "Broken up? How to get back your ex" or "Singles, meet that new special someone", with images looking like they're lifted from some shitty Fox reality show.
I'm getting
Date Sexy Asian Singles
Asian Dating and Singles Site. Find the Perfect Asian Woman Now!
Which is tempting, admittedly.

P

Philosopher B.

I currently see 'how to get a woman back no matter how hard she dumped you - GetWomanBack.com'.

Status
Not open for further replies.