Single Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The 7yr relationship finally ended.

What'd I do to celebrate? Been working out, lost 10lbs of vanity weight, seeing my abs again. Then visited my brother in San Antonio, got drunk, found this down right amazing girl and laid.

I'm feeling much better now. Wait, is it 6am? Awesome.

Necronic

Staff member
good luck to you. I recently ended a long term relationship, and after running through some trim I was hit with a delayed reaction to the event. I hope it works out better for you.

Delayed reaction? She flat out told me that the last 6 months that I was trying to "win her back" she felt absolutely nothing emotional for me. Was "trying to get the feelings back, but it was too late" kind of line.

Which means she let me do everything she wanted me to do for her, hand and foot, for nothing. Only reaction I'm having to this event is seething disgust.

Doesn't matter though, this new girl is amazingly gorgeous, smart, funny and shares a number of interests with me, genuinely likes me for me and I don't have to play any games to be close to her. She does Yoga everyday! :unibrow:

D'oh on the long relationship ending, yay on finding closure on a bad situation, yay on the new girl.

Also, in before people hitting on the newly single girl!

I can relate on the being used for the last section of a relationship, though not of such longevity.

But it sounds like a good thing you're done with it. You've said before, for the two of you, it was just sex and familiarity, and everything else just wasn't there. You can do better for yourself and it sounds like you already are.

L

LordRavage

At least your better off now and start focusing on yourself for a bit.

I understand the whole seething disgust thing. Just have fun and be free.

I hear draining the blood slowly from victims is quite soothing. ;)

So, in the end, she turned out to be the emotionally distant manipulating one? Did not see that twist coming.

Good luck with the new girl. Stay away from my sister.

Things could be worse... you could still be utterly unsatisfied and stuck in relationship where you have to not be yourself. In otherwords, good luck to you.

I hope things work out for you, Shego. Sucks that things didn't' work out, especially after seven years, but I'm sure you'll find someone else.

Take your time to shop around, too ;)

Well, sounds like you're better off, but ending a long term relationship can't be easy. Good luck with the next one.

So, in the end, she turned out to be the emotionally distant manipulating one? Did not see that twist coming.

Yeah, this.

Also, have fun.[/QUOTE]

You want Sheg's to stay away from his sister too?[/QUOTE]
I, for one, would think that Shego hooking up with a forumite's sister to be hilarious, although that might just be because I don't have a sister.

Yeah, this.

Also, have fun.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, would think that Shego hooking up with a forumite's sister to be hilarious, although that might just be because I don't have a sister.[/QUOTE]

Well, my sister is also 15. So she'd at least have to wait until she went to college and went through that 'finding my sexuality' thing.

I do have some honest advice, though. No matter how much you like this new girl, don't get into a relationship with her. See her, have fun, whatever, but no relationships. It's almost a reflex when you come out of a long relationship to immediately look for another, and that almost always goes bad. Just enjoy being single for awhile.

C

Chibibar

Shego: I can't believe she did that to you after all these years :( That was a strange twist. I am happy that you did break off that relationship. I wish you well and I'm sure there is someone out there for you.

15yr old sister eh? I found my sexuality at 15/16, I don't see why she can't :unibrow:

My old relationship was never "real". In the beginning she kept trying to "fix me" and turn me into what she wanted in a partner and I stood my ground. Then she started talking about how things were falling apart, so I "changed" for her and when I did she claims "it's too late". Fuck it.

As for the new girl, it's an "interesting" situation. We click, I mean we really click (ex:she loves Tenacious D). There's a bit of differences here and there, but right off the bat, things feel more "real" with her than all my previous 7yrs combined.

Will this be a new long term relationship? *shrug* I dunno, she lives 2 1/2hrs away from my brother, she was just in town for the festivals and we managed to hook up because she was friends with my brother's sister. I am planning on visiting her sometime this week and we text on the phone daily. There are no "I love you's" going around though, so it's pretty casual right now. I just know that I like her enough not to "hit it and quit it".

(ex:she loves Tenacious D)
Why would you date someone who didn't? They put on a delicious show. :)[/QUOTE]

Because my ex wouldn't listen to anything if it wasn't Rihanna, Jay-Z, Beyonce etc. I have nothing against that really, but she really completely disliked anythingelse. She didn't like Johnny Cash, she didn't like Jack Black, she didn't like shit if it wasn't hiphop/r&b. Used to drive me fucknuts.

(ex:she loves Tenacious D)
Why would you date someone who didn't? They put on a delicious show. :)[/QUOTE]

Because my ex wouldn't listen to anything if it wasn't Rihanna, Jay-Z, Beyonce etc. I have nothing against that really, but she really completely disliked anythingelse. She didn't like Johnny Cash, she didn't like Jack Black, she didn't like shit if it wasn't hiphop/r&b. Used to drive me fucknuts.[/QUOTE]

No D or Cash? Damn, you dropped that bitch just in time.

Seven years? Yeah. "Just in time" :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on her horrible taste in movies.

The day things were finally over, I went to go watch Kick Ass by myself. Damn fun night! Had me 3 Vodka Redbulls and laughed my ass off while screaming "FUCK YEAH" through the whole thing.

I really hate Red Bull but I really love vodka so I half approve of your choice.

Anyways what she did was shitty but you're free now. You seem to take that better than I would. I'm one of those people who focus too much on regrets and I'd see it all as wasted time I could've been cultivating something better. Anyways, congrats on being freed, and it sucks she did what she did.

Oh you want regrets?

I decided to hold off on my education, to put her through school. I worked full time so she could go to school full time (with a side part time job). I took care of everything with moving, bills, house needs, etc. So she could be as stress free as possible to focus on her schooling.

She graduates next May. Me? I'm fucked.

Yeah, this.

Also, have fun.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, would think that Shego hooking up with a forumite's sister to be hilarious, although that might just be because I don't have a sister.[/QUOTE]

She can date my sister.

And by sister, I mean my brother who dresses in women's clothing every chance he gets.

Well. If that isn't especially shitty. Yeah that's the stuff I'd end up focusing on. You can't get back time. Fuck. Here, have some of my vodka. :p I also have some tequila I bought duty free from Mexico.

Damn, Sheki. You really didn't hold back on her at all. Sorry it wasn't worth it in the end. I hope you eventually find a long term relationship with a girl who appreciates you for you, not what you can do for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.