*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

Dave

Staff member
I think it's worth mentioning. I know it's not the US but I can see why he posted it here.

Now we get to watch as the right points fingers at their gun laws.

figmentPez

Staff member
CNN link

"Preliminary reports say four people were killed of the 11 people who were shot, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the incident.
"One suspect was dead at the scene, the Sheriff's Office said, and it was not known if there was another suspect."

figmentPez

Staff member
Blaming kneeling football players.PNG

I'm expecting the blame to fall on violent video games, as well.

Reports are saying the shooter was a white male (shocking, I know), and that he may have been a player who lost early in the tournament.

figmentPez

Staff member
Madden 19 is no more violent than the NFL itself.
Since when has logic entered the equation when politicians are choosing scapegoats? Obviously they aren't going to blame football, they're going to blame gamers. They'll find that this gamer played other games, and they'll claim those are what caused him to kill over a football game. <Sarcasm>Because American football is an an American icon, and it has never led to violence of any kind.</Sarcasm>

Since when has logic entered the equation when politicians are choosing scapegoats? Obviously they aren't going to blame football, they're going to blame gamers. They'll find that this gamer played other games, and they'll claim those are what caused him to kill over a football game. <Sarcasm>Because American football is an an American icon, and it has never led to violence of any kind.</Sarcasm>
How long until someone trots out the ol' "Video gaming incites violence" trope?
Spoiler alert: It was the very next day.

The woman in the video, the one suggesting that playing Minecraft could potentially lead to predators coming to your house and attacking your children (yes, really!) is Pam Bondi, the current Attorney General for Florida... at least for the next few months.

--Patrick

Does 5 people still count as a mass shooting? It feels like the numbers have kinda got inflated over the last few years.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/cr...fornia-13225585.php?__twitter_impression=true
The FBI statistical definition is 4 or more killed, not including the shooter. Mass Shooting Tracker is 4 killed or wounded, including the shooter. This leads to an odd discrepancy in the numbers. If 10 people are shot, but only 1 dies, by FBI reckoning, it's not a mass shooting; by MST, it is.

How many people do you think need to be shot for it to count?

Middleton's about 18,000 people, so it's a small city in Wisconsin. I mean, it may not be small for Wisconsin, but shit, the no big deal town I live in in New Jersey
has at least 12,000 people in it.

Apache Junction is about 36,000 people so that's a bit bigger.

Relative to the rest of the state, Middleton isn't quite small - mostly because it's right next door to Madison.

AJ isn't quite small because it's right next door to Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, and oh yeah PHOENIX.

Yep.

From west to east: Goodyear, Surprise, Glendale, (Peoria - I keep forgetting Peoria), Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction. And, if you want to get technical, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, and Gold Canyon.

And, of course, no one can forget Tortilla Flat.

Last edited:
Cheeto has rallies tonight. Watch what he says *there* after today's attack, not the empty platitudes tweeted by a staffer this morning.

The idiots are already blaming the victims for not having an armed guard. AT A FUCKING BRIS.
“Should have had armed guards/protection” implies that there was some otherwise uncommon valuable/secret thing in there which would require that protection, but unless there is some kind of black market out there for freshly harvested foreskins, there is no reason to expect/predict this synagogue (any synagogue, really) would ever need such a thing, and anyone saying otherwise risks being selected by Samson for his next battle.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Apparently he was saying, "All Jews needed to die."

I guess turning a blind eye to Nazis and things like that DO have real consequences. Whoda thunk it?

Apparently he was saying, "All Jews needed to die."

I guess turning a blind eye to Nazis and things like that DO have real consequences. Whoda thunk it?
Everyone thunked it. The horror here is that for some people this was the desired consequence.

“Should have had armed guards/protection” implies that there was some otherwise uncommon valuable/secret thing in there which would require that protection, but unless there is some kind of black market out there for freshly harvested foreskins, there is no reason to expect/predict this synagogue (any synagogue, really) would ever need such a thing, and anyone saying otherwise risks being selected by Samson for his next battle.

—Patrick
Well actuallly... I know some Nazi's looking for stem cell tissue for their Hitler Clone... though I don't think they'll appreciate the source...

2012-05-04.jpg