[Question] Should we do this? Sports Pick'em.

Should we have the Pick'em addon?

• Yes, but only for the NFL.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I'm willing to help!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No. Too much work.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (details in thread)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
There's a new addon that want to get that is from the same guy who brought us the Stock Trading game. It's a Sports Pick'em that we could have right here and do who leagues like the NFL season, MLB, etc. The problem is, each game/match has to be set up by hand. Now, the NFL wouldn't be that big of an issue, but for things like the NBA or MLB it would get labor intensive really, really fast.

Thoughts?

B

BErt

I think NFL only would work but if enough people wanted to do MLB or NHL (if they ever play again ever) I'd be willing to help with whatever. Do they have it for NCAA basketball and football?

Dave

Staff member
I think NFL only would work but if enough people wanted to do MLB or NHL (if they ever play again ever) I'd be willing to help with whatever. Do they have it for NCAA basketball and football?
We set it ALL up, so we can do pee wee football leagues if it floats our boat.[DOUBLEPOST=1354747036][/DOUBLEPOST]Hell, we could set up a stock tournament and do a pick'em!

I'd say if it's easy and relatively cheap, go for it. I've never participated in any of the other pick'ems, but only because I don't want to have to sign up for any other services. If we had it right here, all integrated and stuff, I'd probably use it.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, I'm thinking it might be a waste. At $35 to buy this addon as well, I'm wondering if it would have limited success. The stock exchange works well precisely because I set it and forget it. The pick'em would require a lot of work. I mean, I'd do an NFL pool as I could set it up fairly easy. But a baseball or basketball (or even a college football) pool would be a lot of work. A lot.

Think I'm going to pass on this one for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.