SeriousJay’s 4E DnD Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Gotcha. I would've played, but I was out due to mah wisdom teeth thing, and I wouldn't have been able to talk anyway. My face looks like I'm smuggling jawbreakers from Ed Edd and Eddy

Thanks Doom but I'm really looking for permanents. I already got 1 replacement player by the name of Rosie and she's creating her character (which I'll need to find out sooner rather than later) and a 5th player planned. Things should hopefully progress quickly in the next few days and moar posting be done in this thread! :clap:

The game will continue next week, with our new players at a new timeslot as the player we were catering to is no longer available to play. Thus, the next game will be Tuesday, August 4th at 7PM Eastern (basically 30 minutes later) and will normally end no later than 11 PM Eastern. Let me know if you have any issues with this. I even found a neat way to... deal with this sudden change of players, I'm sure the players will find it.... entertaining.

:popcorn:

James, let me know what class Rosie will choose, ASAP plz. Oh and get her on here. Hopefully she'll be like... more chattier than you!

:moon:

a challenger appears!

I rolled 2 classes for this character, a rogue and a druid. I can use either one as needs be.

here's the bare-bones of his background:

Deshi is a Bedine tribesman hailing from the desert of Anauroch. His sheikh was made a deal by the shadovar empire - should he provide the magocracy with a relic from the old Netheresse empire within one year, he would be allowed to keep his lands. Grudgingly, the sheikh sent out all of his able men in hopes of saving his holdings. Deshi travelled for a fortnight, making slow progress as he searched the desert carefully for anything that might help. One night, under a full moon, while exploring a crumbled fragment of Netheresse architecture, he was told by a faceless black wolf "what you seek lies to the north, towards icewind dale".

When he tried to question the being further, it melted into an oily puddle and dissapeared in a flash of purple light. Deshi had no idea what had happened, but felt sure that it had been a powerful portent. When he returned to the sheikh, the man agreed, and set him on a fast camel towards Icewind Dale. The tribesman travelled for many weeks, until finally the camel died - thankfully, only a few days from a nearby settlement....

Dougan's Hole

I like this backstory - it gives my character a strong, if broad, purpose and also has a couple loose ends that could be tied up either as part of the main story or as part of a side story, or, hell, not at all. That said, I will change it if there are any problems - for one, all my knowledge of Icewind Dale lore and, really, all faerunian lore, comes from a couple hours i just spent on The forgotten realms Wiki.

Anyway, Jay said he has a way of working us new people in, so he can decide if Deshi actually made it to dougans hole or not =P

EDIT2:creating an updated rogue sheet..

James/Shawn can you verify with Rosie which character she rolls so we can get the ball on the road? Thanks.

SeriousJay said:
James/Shawn can you verify with Rosie which character she rolls so we can get the ball on the road? Thanks.
Sent email asking Rosie's status yesterday. Haven't receieved reply yet.

Gurpel said:
hm. I have the new Character Builder now, and it opens up the possibility of hybrid classes. Jay, would i be allowed to use a hybrid in this game? if so, I think I might try a hybrid fighter/ranger.
I'm not familiar with hybrid classes at all. What is different about them? Will you be happy long term with this character? Looks like she chose an Invoker. Let me know when you choose your character.

I'll need an "initial" background from both new players so that I can incorporate them into the storyline.

SeriousJay said:
I'm not familiar with hybrid classes at all. What is different about them? Will you be happy long term with this character? Looks like she chose an Invoker. Let me know when you choose your character.

I'll need an "initial" background from both new players so that I can incorporate them into the storyline.
Hm. Basically, you can have 2 hybrid classes which sacrifice some class features.

that said, I think I'm just going to go with the rogue.

Excellent choice! Provide me your new character sheet and "starter background" and we'll take it from there.

I still need Gurpel's character sheet (and MOAR background plz)
I also need Rosie's background.

I require them by tomorrow morning or else I'll incorporate you in my storyline in a shameful way. Here's a clue :

- Bubble's Bitch

i'm on a diff computer again, but i can remake the sheet.

also, how do you mean more background? as in, elaborate, or incorporate my character into the story myself?

lol

- Your characters background.
- Why is he in Icewind Dale?
- Why is he in Dougan's Hole?
- Why does he want to help? Or what does he want to gain from this?

SeriousJay said:
lol

- Your characters background.
- Why is he in Icewind Dale?
- Why is he in Dougan's Hole?
- Why does he want to help? Or what does he want to gain from this?
alright, did you read what i wrote?

Deshi is a Bedine tribesman hailing from the desert of Anauroch. His sheikh was made a deal by the shadovar empire - should he provide the magocracy with a relic from the old Netheresse empire within one year, he would be allowed to keep his lands. Grudgingly, the sheikh sent out all of his able men in hopes of saving his holdings. Deshi travelled for a fortnight, making slow progress as he searched the desert carefully for anything that might help. One night, under a full moon, while exploring a crumbled fragment of Netheresse architecture, he was told by a faceless black wolf "what you seek lies to the north, towards icewind dale".

When he tried to question the being further, it melted into an oily puddle and dissapeared in a flash of purple light. Deshi had no idea what had happened, but felt sure that it had been a powerful portent. When he returned to the sheikh, the man agreed, and set him on a fast camel towards Icewind Dale. The tribesman travelled for many weeks, until finally the camel died - thankfully, only a few days from a nearby settlement....
to summarise (points are in response to your questions)

-my character is a warrior of a tribal sheik in the anauroch desert.
-his sheik was given a mandate by the Shadovar empire, and soon after, deshi was told by a sharn that "what [he] [sought] [laid] to the north, towards icewind dale"
-his [strike:61j38g2p]car broke do[/strike:61j38g2p] camel died near dougan's hole.
-he is trying to save his village. all he has to go in is a cryptic prophecy.

is my writing really that bad? maybe i should just rework it....

Thank you.

Now's where's MA ROSIE.

So, who's looking forward to the game tomorrow night? I promise you, murder... blood.... intrigue... as the adventure group's saga in Icewind Dale progresses!

doomdragon6

Staff member
I'm looking forward to listening, at least.

Oh, Jay, I know you probably don't need the help or anything, but since I'm interested in your game but can't actually play, if you're interested in any kind of teamwork DMing, I'd be willing to help with that. Like, if you felt like you wanted help with stories, plot twists, encounter ideas, etc, I'd be interested in working with you. If nothing else, I've been thinking about DMing for some people here on campus, but I've never DMed before, so if nothing else it'd help me get started a bit.

I mean, obviously no biggie if you have no real interest in it-- just throwing it out there.

What'd be cool is if Doom could play some occasional helper character that's not an NPC, one we meet now and then, maybe a fellow townie, just for some RP here, a battle there. Maybe different rolled characters; you two can discuss it. I think it'd be interesting.

Helper character? That's quite possible as I already had something down in the books... albeit with hooks and no long term plans for them. Can't explain too much without spoiling things for the players though.

In regards to DMing it's unlikely but if you wanted to throw anything my way in regards to a specific and special encounter you can contact me privately. Just remember I have 79 pages prepared for the players... and quite frankly, we didn't even truly started getting to the meat of what is happening in Dougan's Hole.

Alright, an update on the game for tomorrow night.

- I checked both new characters in DDI and they look fine build wise, however, Hana can make do without the tent, you're currently over you load limit and will be considered slowed for all intent and purposes. I also require a character background, especially since you chose to play a DEVA!!!! Lastly, set your gold totals to 25 gold regardless of what you bought, this goes for you too Gurpel. (GET THE WOMAN ON THE FORUMS! :) )

- The game's start time has been pushed back as mentioned previously to 7PM Eastern. HOWEVER, FOR THIS WEEK BE THERE BY 6:45 PM. I need to get everyone back to speed and don't want to cut into the game session too much.

- I need an update on who got what in regards to loot thus far. There was a Amulet of Protection, Canith Goggles and a thief kit found last session.

- You have not earned a piece of gold thus far, Brix/Dreklan are at 25G and Denan at 24G.

- Everyone, including the new characters will have earned 406 experience thus far.

- If you haven't posted your top 3 "loot wants", I will assume you will leave it to my judgement to what goodies I allow to drop.

- I need Brix/Denan/Dreklan to check their updated character sheet and send it to me by PM ASAP. I want to double check what I got.

- The game will continue as you leave the mine, it is mid to late afternoon.

- Bubbles presently has a serious case of mudbutt.

I've not updated anything aside from experience gains. I have taken no items and spent no money, and the only difference from when I first sent my sheet is that I now lack a bottle of wine.

Indeed. A game without the DM doesn't have much play potential.
Hope everything is alright, Jay. It's not like you to be late.

Came home, did random shit, sat down at my computer at 6:30 and suddenly I can't google... it felt cold and lonely. I realized my internet was down. I power cycled my router and my DSL modem without success, DSL is dead. I call their service and they tell me, they have "scheduled maintenance". Which species of simian had the good judgement to schedule a maintenance during prime time? It just came back up.

Fuck, I'm so sorry. Was everyone there? SHIT.

-- Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:51 pm --

This is me right now

<-----

Me, Gurpel, and Shawn were in. Not sure what happened to James and Rosie.

Don't know why I said "see ya guys in a week" when we're playing Thursday. :eyeroll:

doomdragon6

Staff member
Lotta no-shows. X3 Lack of communication looks like it might be an issue here, so I think a good idea would be for you all to exchange phone numbers. That way you could've found out where Jay was, postponed the game an hour or so, and possibly called to see where the other two were.

Status
Not open for further replies.