[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

Why is ABC taking a three-week break from Agents of Shield? I get that ABC had to cover the election last Tuesday. But what was so important yesterday? Looking at next week's schedule, ABC is showing the Dancing with the Stars season finale. The other shows don't seem to have been affected except on election day.

Or is ABC giving fans a few weeks to watch Doctor Strange?

Why is ABC taking a three-week break from Agents of Shield? I get that ABC had to cover the election last Tuesday. But what was so important yesterday? Looking at next week's schedule, ABC is showing the Dancing with the Stars season finale. The other shows don't seem to have been affected except on election day.

Or is ABC giving fans a few weeks to watch Doctor Strange?
I guess they are spacing out their sabbatical over the season, since they did away with Peggy Carter.

They could have LITERALLY done a Ghost Rider side story during that instead and tied it into the season plot. People would eat it up.
But they couldn't know that beforehand. Think of how risky that would have looked before this Ghost Rider was so well received. And think about the fact that SHIELD still isn't exactly a ratings powerhouse. And think about how expensive it would be to add extra episodes to a fairly expensive show. And last of all, remember that your apparent love for this show puts you in the minority of people out there, most of whom don't care.

Definitely one of the better episodes. I can't wait to see where it goes.

So we've got one more episode until the mid-season break. And no Agent Carter to fill the gap. It's going to be a long, cold, dark winter.

At least this seasons has made some references to Agent Carter S2. After Agent Carter started, they mostly ignored each other, but all this dimensional crossover has brought up things like Zero Matter, which is neat.

I'd love for them to have Coulson travel back and meet Peggy Carter at the start of SHIELD (after it breaks away from the SSR). I know that's just my fanboy crazy coming through, but, eh...

I really dug this week how.....

the mystic portal that Ada built used the same effects as the ones created by the sorcerers in Doctor Strange.

I really dug this week how.....

the mystic portal that Ada built used the same effects as the ones created by the sorcerers in Doctor Strange.
Yeah it was totally a scientificly created sling ring. The...

Shadowy dimension also shared some aesthetic with the mirror dimension.

BananaHands

Staff member
Yo when are May and Coulson going to check into the meat suite though.[DOUBLEPOST=1480643932,1480643666][/DOUBLEPOST]Also cant believe Radcliffe made the right choice here.

I'm worried Aida is going to kill him and replace him with a less obvious LMD. Pretty sure the brain she was crafting was a replacement for her own to prevent being wiped.

I really hope they don't make...
Aida into a villain. Yes, make her further learn and develop and make her existence dramatic but I would hate if this season went all robot uprising cliche.

I really hope they don't make...
Aida into a villain. Yes, make her further learn and develop and make her existence dramatic but I would hate if this season went all robot uprising cliche.
Well...
...given that Aida received her new abilities from the freakin' Darkhold I am not sure there is much chance of that not happening. Of course maybe she is going to be how we get to a Jocosta added to this universe.

BananaHands

Staff member
Well...
...given that Aida received her new abilities from the freakin' Darkhold I am not sure there is much chance of that not happening. Of course maybe she is going to be how we get to a Jocosta added to this universe.
But she's my robo-QT.

As much as anything made using the spell book of one of the Elder Gods is scientific.
Well it required some sort of tech power source and frame, plus some weird power gloves. That means her version had to be more scientific then magical, similar to the portal machine Howard Stark made in Agent Carter.

Isn't magic and technology much more closely related in Marvel stuff than it is in DC stuff? In DC, there is a VERY hard line between magic and science sources of powers, but in Marvel you got guys like Dr. Doom who can do both very well.

Isn't magic and technology much more closely related in Marvel stuff than it is in DC stuff? In DC, there is a VERY hard line between magic and science sources of powers, but in Marvel you got guys like Dr. Doom who can do both very well.

Well they're not as opposite as in DC at least.

Building a machine that does magical stuff (hello cosmic cube) is pretty normal for 616 and it's parallel worlds.

Well it required some sort of tech power source and frame, plus some weird power gloves. That means her version had to be more scientific then magical, similar to the portal machine Howard Stark made in Agent Carter.
Crafting a piece of metal into something (like lets say a a ring), was once the pinnacle of human technology.

So it really is a matter of how exactly you define magic vs tech.

So it really is a matter of how exactly you define magic vs tech.
Well, Thor did mention that, to Asgardians, science and magic were the same, but I still always see it as two sides of the same coin, thus much like you can distinguish tail or heads, you can distinguish when something is opened or developed with science and/or magic, even when they overlap in purpose or when one group (Asgardians) learn how to harness both in tandem.

Otherwise we can start calling Iron Man's suit a magical suit of armor, considering what it allows him to do, if we blur any and all distinction.

Sure, but Thor is hardly using anything akin to mass produced gadgets. For all we see he could just be ignorant, or trying to downplay it for the mortals, or Marvel wasn't sure about how audiences would react to straight up magic back then, but now that Stephen did well they're more open to laying down some rules that separate the two.

Sure, but Thor is hardly using anything akin to mass produced gadgets. For all we see he could just be ignorant, or trying to downplay it for the mortals, or Marvel wasn't sure about how audiences would react to straight up magic back then, but now that Stephen did well they're more open to laying down some rules that separate the two.
I think Thor's point was that for most Asgardians, they don't really need to know *why* it works, just that it does, so it's effectively magic, even though it's just "sufficiently advanced science". That's hinted at in The Dark World when Jane's like, "Is this a *technobabble mode on* quantum analyzer?" "It's a Soul Forge." "Yeah, but it's a quantum doohickey thinger really, right?" "...Yeah, kinda."

Well, that was an interesting take on the "evil sentient robot" trope.

And is it just me, or is this show the best ever at pseudo-cliffhangers?