[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think Nicholas Cage knows he's just a parody of himself. When he accepts that and runs with it, he can be oddly entertaining (Ghost Rider, Fire Birds, The Rock). But when he tries to be serious it just comes across as forced (Knowing, Left Behind).

I think Nicholas Cage knows he's just a parody of himself. When he accepts that and runs with it, he can be oddly entertaining (Ghost Rider, Firebirds, The Rock). But when he tries to be serious it just comes across as forced (Knowing, Left Behind).
LEFT BEHIND was just a paycheck to him. Apparently Nic Cage is ALWAYS in financial straits and it's why he never turns down a role.

*checks Wikipedia*

Huh. You'd think a guy with several European castles, a Rhode Island mansion, and his own private Caribbean island wouldn't have money problems.

Because he buys crazy shit. Including: 2 albino king cobra snakes; a Gulfstream jet (that's not really crazy, just ridiculous); an entire collection of pygmy shrunken heads; a comic book collection worth more than a million and half dollars (including Action Comics #1); a 9 foot tall concrete pyramid tombstone in New Orleans emblazoned with the Latin "Omnia Ab Uno", or Everything from One; a 67-million year old Tarbosaurus skull; a live octopus; a shark; a crocodile; a private island next door to Johnny Depp's private island; a haunted murder mansion in New Orleans - the serial killer who lived there was the basis of Kathy Bates' character in American Horror Story: Coven; and a maroon-colored Lambourghini Miura SVJ that used to belong to the Shah of Iran.

So, is Ghost Rider an Inhuman now or did they break the seal on supernatural elements before Doctor Strange?

Apparently there's no easy/legit way to watch this online without a cable subscription (thanks a shitload, ABC.com, you used to be cool) so I'll have to wait for the season to hit Netflix in May or June 2017.

Yeah, I'm super on board. Last season was a bit of a drag (it's clear they didn't know what to do with the Inhumans) but this one started strong. Robbie Reyes may actually be my favorite Ghost Rider.

Get used to it. Good news, though...some outlets are finally doing away with this. Hopefully more will follow.

--Patrick
The weird thing is that they used to let you watch on their website regardless. I remember watching the final season of Scrubs that way, no cable restriction. But Netflix wasn't a big deal back then and now if I don't pay out my ass for Comcast's Xinfinity, I have to resort to ... other things.

The CW site sucks, but at least it lets me watch. I'll suffer the ads, no problem.

I watched it and wasn't interested in anything that wasn't Ghost Rider. He needs to not be tied to Agents of Shield. He so much more belongs in a Netflix show.

I like the Reyes Ghost Rider so I thought he looked fine.

I watched it and wasn't interested in anything that wasn't Ghost Rider. He needs to not be tied to Agents of Shield. He so much more belongs in a Netflix show.

I like the Reyes Ghost Rider so I thought he looked fine.
I think the issue here is that they weren't sure how people would take Ghost Rider after one middling and one outright terrible Nic Cage movie. I doubt he's going to be involved on the show more than a season, so we could possibly see a Ghost Rider series at a later date.

I liked it alright. GR was dope as hell but everything else I either didn't fully follow or didn't like super care about. I thought it was dumb that daisy did a suiting up thing that started with a pulling up her underwear butt shot.

Still though I'm excited to see where this all goes. I'm expecting no less than 5 Scooby doo jokes because of the g-g-g-ghosts

Here's what I've noticed about the different seasons and their themes.

Season 1: The "getting to know you" phase, science/tech origins, BETRAYAL
Season 2: Cosmic origins, political maneuvering, cloak and dagger
Season 3: Definitely cosmic origins
Season 4: Straight magic and supernatural

By the way, the new director seems like he belongs at a corporate retreat. I'm surprised he hasn't had the agents play the trust fall game.

I'm super in for this season. Reyes/Rider scenes are stealing the show and I don't really care about Daisy's emo sad-trip, but all in all I'm enjoying the ride.

I really feel like this season is benefiting from not being beholden to future Marvel franchises. Yes, it's magic themed because of Dr. Strange, but it's not beholden to that ether; we still have the Inhumans kicking around.

Last week's episode had a tracking sequence fight, which I love. Winter Soldier and Civil War just had short, blurry shaky cam fights.

fade

Staff member
The best tracking shot fight scene is McLeod vs. The Kurgan in the warehouse. That shot is superb.

Finally had a chance to catch up. Really enjoying the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. The latest episode was pretty crazy too...
Johnny Blaze Cameo! Holy Smokes!

Even without knowing that Eli was the evil serial killer uncle in the comics that somehow gave Robbie his powers, I could see the twist of him being the bad guy in the series a mile away. Makes me wonder how he raised two nice (well, mostly) compassionate kids. Might just say the book corrupted him.

Really expected at least one of the "Ghosts" to survive through the season, but nope, they were just setups for the Eli twist. Really stupid of Lucy to give the book to her "murderer", even though she couldn't read it, she could have got another patsy to look it over. Not sure what she expected to happen in the end.
Also really happy they tied in the Darkhold and the events that happened in Agent Carter Season 2, talking about Isodine and Zero Matter, really like it when they have that crossover cementing the continuity.

The only thing that confuses me is those crates. There isn't a clear explanation on what their purpose is.