[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

I was announced a few months ago that SHIELD wasn't starting until January, but there won't be a mid-season break, we'll get the full season straight through.

I know they said they're going to keep the television properties seperate from the movies, but SHIELD being in space right before Infinity War can't be a coincedence, can it? *hopes*

That one goes from a crappy Matrix rip-off to a fairly good "what if HYDRA had won?" Alternative Reality.

They kind of started to blur. I believe the last one we watched was when they discovered some of the team had been switched for LMDs when they got back to HQ.
If you have the time, it might be worth watching the episode 'What If...' to see if the story piques your curiosity. As @Null mentioned, the Framework allows them to effectively tell a 'What If' story with some solid twists and turns. (And, if you don't have the time or the interest, I'll happily spoil the rest of the season for you.)

Until Perlmutter <sp?> is gone, NOT MCU will pretty much not exist in the MCU. MTVU will get to make vague references to the MCU. All of which stinks, Coulson should get to play around with the Avengers again.

Okay... what...

The latest episode has my brain spinning. There be spoilers!

We basically cut between the past, when the planet explodes, and the future, where they are hiding out on the surface. The weird thing is that all the characters are there at the destruction, like Jemma, Fitz, May, etc... At first I thought that maybe this was the timeline that happens if they are NOT abducted at the diner, but then how is Robin there in the future? It was May that raised her and kept her safe for all those years so it's implying that she wouldn't be alive without May there to protect her.

Maybe... maybe this was a vision into the... huh.... future past?!? Like we are seeing the timeline that exists after they succeed in going back to the past and all the events play out? Yet the Fitz in the destruction timeline believes that a time machine isn't possible, but that can't be right if he literally uses the time machine to go back in time.

Wait maybe Fitz was arguing that time is linear, and thus even though they went into the future, they still inevitably go back in time and cause everything to happen the usual way regardless. In other words them being sent to the future in the first place was just part of linear time, thus they were inevitably going to head back in time for Daisy to cause the destruction in the first place that they now are experiencing in the future.

Anyways... THEORIES.
Assuming that the visions we saw are them after they went back in time, my theory is that when they succeed in going back in time, Sinara goes back with them on accident. Kasius likely gets killed before this, and thus Sinara has a raging hate-boner for humanity. Come on, we all know she is being setup as the lasting villain, much like Ada last season. She even has her own darth vader style theme music.

Anyways, while the team attempt to avert doomsday, Sinara is constantly trying to cause it, succeeding when she "reverses" the kree inhibitor in Daisy's neck, thus amplifying her power and bringing doomsday. All the stuff between those points I can't even guess, but it will be a doozy I am sure.

I've been watching this season more closely than the last few, waiting to see if they were going to tie-in to Infinity War, and now I can't wait to see if they "do the thing" on Friday night. With today's announcement that next season won't premiere until AFTER Captain Marvel and Avengers 4, I really think we're going to have some Thanos influence after all.
They have actually name dropped Thanos and have strongly implied that the last few episodes are concurrent with the New York battle of Infinity War.

Yeah, the name drops have given me hope anticipation this is where they're heading.
What does your deadpool (no, not him) look for the series finale?

My guesses:

Coulson resigns himself to his fate, only to change his mind and activate the centipede when May fades away.
Fitz fades away because, of course, one half of FitzSimmons is going to fade away, and I think it's his turn.
Mack fades away.

Crazy alternate theory, Robbie Reyes fades away and Coulson is saved because he is the new host to the Ghost Rider.

Crazy alternate theory, Robbie Reyes fades away and Coulson is saved because he is the new host to the Ghost Rider.
It would be interesting to see a flaming version of Lola, even temporarily. Also, Robbie wouldn't need to surrender the power: there is more than one Ghost Rider walking around by his own admission, as the one who saved him didn't surrender his power to do it.

Heh... saw a cool idea on reddit and i though i'd share.

What if, after they change the future, Deke starts to dissipate, and they all assume it's because his future is gone...

This does make me wonder. Did Thanos "succeed" in the future timeline seen at the start of the season? Or did the destruction of Earth interrupt that plan? If he did, then we still already know who survived, but if he didn't, then yes a lot of people could vanish before the season ends.

Also, final theory before we get the new episode tomorrow, but I think...

It's the act of killing Talbot that brings about the end of the world. There are two facts that make this clear to me. Back in the future, one of the survivors on the Zephyr shows a video to Daisy of the moment right before the world ended, Daisy at the epicenter seemingly shooting someone on a quin jet. She then walks away, and moments later the earth starts cracking. The second fact was hinted by the death of Ruby, who after taking in 8% of the gravitonium caused a large gravitational explosion on her death. Talbot already has taken in nearly all the original gravitonium and is now gearing up to absorb much more, meaning an extremely magnified explosion on his death compared to Ruby.

The key to changing it will instead be to "save" Talbot, which is likely something only Coulson would be able to pull off. How this happens, I honestly can't guess, but it's the likely outcome based on what we know.

This does make me wonder. Did Thanos "succeed" in the future timeline seen at the start of the season? Or did the destruction of Earth interrupt that plan?
Well, since Kasius and the Kree didn't seem to reference half their race dissapearing even once, i think it's safe to assume blowing up the planet stopped Thanos...

Well, since Kasius and the Kree didn't seem to reference half their race dissapearing even once, i think it's safe to assume blowing up the planet stopped Thanos...
Why assume that? Don't forget that the start of the season happens 80 years in the future. None of the humans likely would even realize it's a different event from the earth cracking, and the Kree may just have gotten over it by that point, considering the culture.

Even from a narrative stand-point, the show was not going to give away the movies huge reveal months before the movie came out. It's really not a sure cut thing.

Pretty sure half of your race (well, actually, half of the galaxy, if not the universe) turning to dust is important enough to remember, even if your culture "got over it".

Sure, there's doubt, but that's because of the 2nd reason you gave.

Pretty sure half of your race (well, actually, half of the galaxy, if not the universe) turning to dust is important enough to remember, even if your culture "got over it"
Remember, yes. It's easy to remember things, like I always will remember 9/11. It's another thing to bring it up in conversation. I don't talk about 9/11 casually, because it's been over 16 years. There is no reason for someone who basically found himself banished to a floating concentration camp in the ruins of a dead planet to just bring up that event is casual conversation 80 years after the fact, let alone with many people he never showed any respect. I don't think Kasius or the Kree were interested in teaching the humans about their history, so I don't expect them to have books laying around going over possible huge events.

But this isn't 9/11, it's the Holocaust, and everyone is the Jews.

Having 0 references to it in any way makes no sense.

Just think of all the restructuring required in a socity if half it's population disappeared overnight.

I thought of a fun permutation of this theory. Maybe Graviton stopping Thanos is what blew up the planet. Gravitron crushes the Infinity Gauntlet, the power of the Infinity Stones are no longer contained, and... boom.