[Brazelton] Roe v. Wade

What. The actual. Fuck.

...oh, it's that Pinson bitch again. I've seen other articles about her in the past. She really is Satan's Little Handmaid.

figmentPez

Staff member
Indiana judge blocks abortion ban

"An Indiana judge on Thursday blocked the state from enforcing its new law banning most abortions while Planned Parenthood and other healthcare providers challenge it in court.

"Circuit Court Judge Kelsey Hanlon ruled that Planned Parenthood and the other providers had shown a 'reasonable likelihood' that the law's 'significant restriction of personal autonomy' violates the Indiana constitution."

Honestly, i'm surprised they didn't require shoving a stethoscope in there beforehand to check the foetus for a heartbeat....

TX and FL really are just trying to outdo each other for where the fascists can be most brazen these days, huh?
To be fair, as someone living in Texas, I don't think we are even really on the same level as Florida.

Most of the big wigs here are desperate to turn our state into the next mecca for big tech and so they ain't willing to take the risks Desantis and the Florida GOP are willing to take and possibly alienate the next Tesla or Apple-style deal. It's why most of their crap is more lukewarm like what Ted Cruz spews.

I take just a tiny, miniscule amount of solace in that.

To be fair, as someone living in Texas, I don't think we are even really on the same level as Florida.

Most of the big wigs here are desperate to turn our state into the next mecca for big tech and so they ain't willing to take the risks Desantis and the Florida GOP are willing to take and possibly alienate the next Tesla or Apple-style deal. It's why most of their crap is more lukewarm like what Ted Cruz spews.

Are you sure? Because this week alone I saw:
Texas SB1443 would ban from school libraries any books that have characters who are of the same sex in a relationship. It also bans trans characters. It bans website access with the above too.
Texas republicans introduced a bill H. B. 2889 to give huge tax cuts to *straight* couples having children—with up to 100% cut in property taxes for TEN kids.
This is sounding Florida-esque to me.

Are you sure? This is sounding Florida-esque to me.
I never said we didn't do stupid stuff over here, just that compared to Florida we are barely diet crazy. Florida has been in its own realm of batshittery, like the whole thing with Desantis taking over Disney World or the attempts to abolish the Democratic party in the state.

We ain't at that level yet because we are relying on economic goals through California transplants to fill all those new tech factories. We very well may become like Florida on the next wave of this rising wave of conservative baloney, but can only barely see Florida's tail light right now.

I never said we didn't do stupid stuff over here, just that compared to Florida we are barely diet crazy. Florida has been in its own realm of batshittery, like the whole thing with Desantis taking over Disney World or the attempts to abolish the Democratic party in the state.

We ain't at that level yet because we are relying on economic goals through California transplants to fill all those new tech factories. We very well may become like Florida on the next wave of this rising wave of conservative baloney, but can only barely see Florida's tail light right now.
The powers that be here in Florida know that we're all gonna be under water in 20 years so there's no reason not to be as awful as possible first.

Isn't Tesla leaving Texas to go back to Ca?

Isn't Tesla leaving Texas to go back to Ca?
The engineering headquarters, yes, but the gigafactory they constructed here is still going to be used. It's a loss but not like Tesla is doing a complete pullout. The state is going to still want something back on all those investments.

Honestly the only reason I think Elon decided to pull the engineering HQ back was because he bought Twitter and felt he needed to have them near him while he's dealing with that. I wouldn't put it past them to just move Twitter and the engineering back to Texas in another two years.

The engineering headquarters, yes, but the gigafactory they constructed here is still going to be used. It's a loss but not like Tesla is doing a complete pullout. The state is going to still want something back on all those investments.

Honestly the only reason I think Elon decided to pull the engineering HQ back was because he bought Twitter and felt he needed to have them near him while he's dealing with that. I wouldn't put it past them to just move Twitter and the engineering back to Texas in another two years.
That’s incredibly optimistic of you.

What makes you think Twitter will still exist in two years?

I've been watching all of this and it makes me incredibly angry and very sad. They are authorizing the destruction of people's lives. Make no mistake about this, people WILL die. Kids WILL die. Kids who have been given HRT and finally feel like the person they have always been will have that forcibly ripped from them and many could be put at serious risk of dying by suicide.

I am absolutely disgusted and as a resident of SC, I am worried that Florida is merely the trial run. If it works there, then other states will follow suit. SC is deep red and will have little opposition to similar laws being passed here. I worry for myself, my spouse, the doctors, and especially for the kids who only want to be themselves. I worry that whenever a new Republican president gets into office, they will try to roll out these laws nationwide. Or worse, not even wait for laws to be passed and just sign executive orders saying all trans people are targets to be hunted.

I worry about other things too. My family loves to take vacations to Disney World. I'm not sure I can do that anymore. Will I be held up at the airport because my pronouns don't match what is on my birth certificate? Will I be allowed to have my HRT meds with me? If the Republicans have their way, will my rights even matter anymore?