Rick Perry Announcement 7/8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, it's not very common for electable candidates who've lost previous elections to engage in consecutive elections. If Perry's not running for re-election, it's because he needs to distance himself from his failure in 2012 in order to become electable again. Even then, it's unlikely he'll ever see the same success again.

Generally speaking, it's not very common for electable candidates who've lost previous elections to engage in consecutive elections. If Perry's not running for re-election, it's because he needs to distance himself from his failure in 2012 in order to become electable again. Even then, it's unlikely he'll ever see the same success again.
I would wager it is more likely to establish his conservative credentials to a wider audience and turn it into a business, a-la Newt Gingrich.

I would wager it is more likely to establish his conservative credentials to a wider audience and turn it into a business, a-la Newt Gingrich.
That's what they do when their political aspirations have dried up, so that would be the most obvious next move. It really does show where Republican priorities lie when most of the politically successful ones give up politics to make money on the convention circuit, while most Democrats turn their attention toward advancing actual causes.

That's what they do when their political aspirations have dried up, so that would be the most obvious next move. It really does show where Republican priorities lie when most of the politically successful ones give up politics to make money on the convention circuit, while most Democrats turn their attention toward advancing actual causes.
I think quite a few Democrats do that, but there are those few who turn it into a business. When Spitzer was disgraced he ended up on the talk show circuit, and we all know Al Gore turned his attention to making money by pushing clean fuels.

2016, Republicans realize that if they want to win, they have to be even more extreme religious right--dark ages style.

It has often been said that the countries closest resembling where the extreme religious wing of the Republican party wants to go, are Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan. Moving ever-further into religious extremism will either be a winning move, plunging all of the US back into a dark cesspool of ignorance, or it'll see that part of the party imploding/breaking up and may modernize American politics along some new lines. Let's hope for the second.

Zappit

Staff member
Rick Perry doesn't run for president again. While I'm sure he's delusional to try again, he won't. He'll end up going to Fox News as a contributor to condemn the lamestream media for not supporting him, joining all the other washed out conservatives with a persecution complex. Because he never caused anybody harm, you know.

Rick Perry doesn't run for president again. While I'm sure he's delusional to try again, he won't. He'll end up going to Fox News as a contributor to condemn the lamestream media for not supporting him, joining all the other washed out conservatives with a persecution complex. Because he never caused anybody harm, you know.

Out of curiosity, besides Fox, what other networks should conservatives go to/would be welcomed at? Correct me if I'm wrong, but networks like CNN or MSNBC aren't overflowing in their love for the conservative viewpoint. It's fun to point and laugh when a politically aligned conservative ends up at Fox, but where else were they supposed to go?

I call bullshit. There's quite a few conservatives on both those networks, either with their own show or as contributors. The conservatives who end up on Fox get made fun of because they're always the people who can't handle having their views challenged.

I call bullshit. There's quite a few conservatives on both those networks, either with their own show or as contributors. The conservatives who end up on Fox get made fun of because they're always the people who can't handle having their views challenged.

So, does that logic apply then to liberals who end up as contributors for Fox?

So, does that logic apply then to liberals who end up as contributors for Fox?
Sure, why not? The liberals I've seen in Fox have either been wet noodles or else they get their mic pulled. THAT is why Fox gets so much shit from people. CNN is just sad and MSNBC is trying too hard to be liberal Fox. I honestly can't stand any cable 'news'.

I agree with Krisken but I'll go one step further: ALL the 24 news channels are shit and people should be ashamed if they use them as a source of news.

I agree with Krisken but I'll go one step further: ALL the 24 news channels are shit and people should be ashamed if they use them as a source of news.
I use Jon Stewart and then Stephen Colbert. That way I get both sides. Am I doing it right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.