Export thread

Revised: Columbus Clippers Baseball Game

Amy

Amy

Is anybody going to the Columbus Clippers Baseball Game this weekend?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Nah. Maybe a bit mean on occasion, though that's a lot less these days. Definitely cynical and sarcastic on occasion. Bad taste, possibly. Don't agree with most of his political views. Definitely not a bad person.

Amy

Amy

He totally is.
He keeps people awake at all hours of the night, when they should be sleeping!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I have a strong suspicion this claim has more story behind it than initially presented.

discuss.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Well, yeah, but he's got that thing for red-heads, so short of murder, he stays on the "positive" side in my book.

(I might even let the murder slide if it's not a redhead.);)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, screw that guy, he's the worst.

Amy

Amy

I have a strong suspicion this claim has more story behind it than initially presented.

discuss.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

HE IS THE WRECKER OF A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.

Well, yeah, but he's got that thing for red-heads,
he isn't the only one.

Yeah, screw that guy, he's the worst.
SEE?

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I kind of always liked him. But maybe the necromancer doesn't have the same qualifiers for determining what a bad person is :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

He totally is.
He keeps people awake at all hours of the night, when they should be sleeping!
You think that's him looking through your bedroom window? Think again.

Amy

Amy

I kind of always liked him. But maybe the necromancer doesn't have the same qualifiers for determining what a bad person is :p
He's a heartbreaker.[DOUBLEPOST=1435877000,1435876961][/DOUBLEPOST]
You think that's him looking through your bedroom window? Think again.
No, that's the morgue.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

He's a heartbreaker.

Ya.... still not feelin ya.

but you know, if you find yourself in those wee hours of the night, or anytime, with need to talk to someone, I'm totally here for you. ;)

Amy

Amy

well lets just say my travel plans are RUINED.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

No, that's the morgue.
Oh, just sweeten the pot why don't you

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey, the travel plans thing isn't my fault![DOUBLEPOST=1435877574,1435877530][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok it's a little my fault.

Amy

Amy

Hey, the travel plans thing isn't my fault!
YES IT IS.
so are the TEARS

Null

Null

I used to dislike him quite a bit because, well, sometimes you just don't like a person, but now I think he's a pretty good guy. I disagree with his politics (and vice versa I'm sure) but he's intelligent, has a good sense of humor, and I agree with him about redheads.

GasBandit

GasBandit

YES IT IS.
so are the TEARS
Those just seem to happen regardless of my actions![DOUBLEPOST=1435877782,1435877689][/DOUBLEPOST]
I used to dislike him quite a bit because,
because I worked my ass off to be a jerk to everybody.

Docseverin

Docseverin

How the hell has anybody formed an opinion about somebody, based solely on the content they post here? Discuss.

Bubble181

Bubble181

How the hell has anybody formed an opinion about somebody, based solely on the content they post here? Discuss.
Why are you complaining? The forum's consensus on you is you're Clark Kent's Alter Ego.

Amy

Amy

Those just seem to happen regardless of my actions!
uh huh.

Null

Null

Because when you interact with people, even in an online forum, you have reactions to them, and those reactions form the basis of an opinion, which grows over time and through circumstance?

Docseverin

Docseverin

So based on the interactions here, you form an opinion of someone you have never met in real life. Seems reasonable.....carry on.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok,

A) I APOLOGIZED FOR THAT LIKE A HUNDRED TIMES
B) You DRAGGED THAT OUT OF ME after HOURS of badgering
and
C) That's FAR from the only time tears were shed, and they seemed to all happen at random!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I like Gas!

That doesn't sound right.[DOUBLEPOST=1435878101,1435878068][/DOUBLEPOST]
So based on the interactions here, you form an opinion of someone you have never met in real life. Seems reasonable.....carry on.
Hey I had an opinion of you before I met you in person. If I didn't have said opinion you would not have met my children.

Amy

Amy

Ok,

A) I APOLOGIZED FOR THAT LIKE A HUNDRED TIMES
B) You DRAGGED THAT OUT OF ME after HOURS of badgering
and
C) That's FAR from the only time tears were shed, and they seemed to all happen at random!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh my god that was YEARS ago and you LAUGHED at it.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I like Gas!

That doesn't sound right.[DOUBLEPOST=1435878101,1435878068][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey I had an opinion of you before I met you in person. If I didn't have said opinion you would not have met my children.
And now they are better people for having met me. I am just saying that to a degree, this place is like facebook. You only see what people want you to see. Oh sure, maybe some people are slightly more honest here, but it's all the same. Unless you meet somebody in real life and interact with them in different scenarios you know fuck all.

Amy

Amy

And he thinks I'd date any cute guy with abs

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Gas Bandit Bad.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

And he thinks I'd date any cute guy with abs
That is not even remotely in the neighborhood of anything I ever said.[DOUBLEPOST=1435878467,1435878408][/DOUBLEPOST]
And now they are better people for having met me. I am just saying that to a degree, this place is like facebook. You only see what people want you to see. Oh sure, maybe some people are slightly more honest here, but it's all the same. Unless you meet somebody in real life and interact with them in different scenarios you know fuck all.
Well, she *is* right, I am a pretty bad person. Just not for the reasons she's bringing up.

Amy

Amy

You imply a lot of stuff.

see apparatchik, for eg.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Did I miss something?

Amy

Amy

Did I miss something?
Yes.

I'm harassing GB in gchat.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

And now they are better people for having met me.
Ha! Noah still mentions you whenever he sees something with skydiving. He doesn't remember your name, only that you're my friend.

You only see what people want you to see. Oh sure, maybe some people are slightly more honest here, but it's all the same. Unless you meet somebody in real life and interact with them in different scenarios you know fuck all.
That can be true even when you meet someone in person, though. I mean, yes, it's more difficult to keep a deception going if you're face-to-face friends. But people aren't open books just because you meet in person rather than online. I've had people I've known for years and years who I honestly would say I don't know well.
I also think opinions we form about people we "know" online aren't fixed. The opinion I have of some people I know only online has changed over time in a number of directions. There was one person I met on a forum for military spouses who instantly rubbed me the wrong way. She went by BattleBuddy and I figured she was some shriveled old colonel's wife who bled Army camo. She's now a very good friend who turned out to be my age and a huge geek. If my opinion of her was not malleable, I would never have believed she could be a nice person let alone someone I'd want as a friend.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

His wit is one of over a thousand reasons I return here, he's cool.

GasBandit

GasBandit

She thinks she can bait me into an old-school "Crone vs GasBandit" flamewar that will get her banned, but I'm a wuss now.

Amy

Amy

His wit is one of over a thousand reasons I return here, he's cool.
He's EVIL.

GasBandit

GasBandit

He's EVIL.
Well, there is that.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hey Gasbandit's a great stand up guy! Just like you would expect from Ohio.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

She thinks she can bait me into an old-school "Crone vs GasBandit" flamewar that will get her banned, but I'm a wuss now.
Amy seems pretty toned down compared to those days, too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey Gasbandit's a great stand up guy! Just like you would expect from Ohio.
There's nothing wrong with Ohio
'Cept for the wind and the rain
I really like Drew Carey, and
I'd like to see the Rock'n'Roll hall of fame.

But when you're done doing whatever
And when you're through, doing whoever
You know Denton County will be right here waiting for youuu-uuuuu..

So COME BACK TO TEXAS
It's just not the same since you went away
Before you lose your accent
And forget all about the Lone Star State
There's a seat for you at the rodeo
And I've got every slow dance saved
Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here any-waaaaay.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So COME BACK TO TEXAS
Oh fuck off now I have the theme to Threes Company stuck in my head.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's not even remotely similar!

Amy

Amy

ALSO HE IS A HUGE KILLJOY[DOUBLEPOST=1435880322,1435880289][/DOUBLEPOST]
i told you all he was evil.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh man Don Knotts!

Celt Z

Celt Z

So COME BACK TO TEXAS
...well, crap. Now I'm singing this to the tune of Three's Company. Thanks, @HCGLNS.

Amy

Amy

just remember it's all Gasbandit's fault and he is a very bad man.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But it doesn't even sound remotely like the Three's Company theme!

Bubble181

Bubble181

He's EVIL.
The problem with calling him evil is that this would make you the Good Guy. There's at least 3 or 4 issues with that.

Amy

Amy

The problem with calling him evil is that this would make you the Good Guy. There's at least 3 or 4 issues with that.
listen I might be Stalin, but that makes him hitler

Amy

Amy

Well, it's a long weekend, and there's no work tomorrow, so it may not be Friday but It's THURSDAAAAAAAY!!
I rest my case

Docseverin

Docseverin

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't even know Columbus had a team.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Posting in an epic thread. :awesome:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The fuck is this thread about?

No editing posts hours after they're made, not all of us can read this forum in real time!

bhamv3

bhamv3

I need this entire thread explained to me.

Actually, you know what, I need this entire forum explained to me.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The fuck is this thread about?

No editing posts hours after they're made, not all of us can read this forum in real time!
Sex.

I mean, I don't know either, but that's always a safe bet.

Null

Null

Yes.

I'm harassing GB in gchat.
Lucky GB. Though to be fair I've been on Skype discussing game design for the last few hours so I wouldn't have been available anyway. Still though.

Amy

Amy

I need this entire thread explained to me.

Actually, you know what, I need this entire forum explained to me.
Amy and Gasbandit are secretly

a JCM alt

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Amy and Gasbandit are secretly

phil

phil

Are we talking about gas bandit because I played a video game with him once and he was ok at it and we won and that was fun.

Docseverin is cool too if this is about him because maybe it is? I don't know if he can play Raynor as well as GB did though so I guess I'm on the fence still.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ohio is terrible. Columbus, Ohio is double terrible. Bowling for Soup is not good.

Everything is butts.

Three's Company was ok though. Gasbandit is pretty cool too.

This is the drunk thread, right?
Sleep Deprived, I thought.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Gasbandit is more selfish than he needs to be, more stubborn than any two people need to be, and has grown up convinced that the only person he can rely on to come up with actionable, useful ideas about how to do anything is himself, though the most likely reason for the strength with which he believes this is no doubt due to how often it seems to come true. Also, his shame detector is broken, causing it not to sound the alarm until his situation has progressed deep into the red. Does this make him a bad person? Yes, according to many. But do these characteristics also predispose him to success in positions of responsibility and leadership? Yes, again, and then some. Did he recently get a glimpse at the meaning behind John Donne's words? Probably, and perhaps that'll dull some of the pricklier parts of his personality. I do not begrudge him his predilections, as I have no standing to do so. I do expect that the longer he spends in his cask, the more mellow he will ultimately emerge, though he'll still pack a whallop.

Also, I'm not much of a baseball fan.

--Patrick

Docseverin

Docseverin

I have tickets to Saturday and Sundays games[DOUBLEPOST=1435987639,1435987569][/DOUBLEPOST]I am at the Hampton Inn in Columbus if you guys want to go

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meh. They're playing Toledo.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have tickets to Saturday and Sundays games[DOUBLEPOST=1435987639,1435987569][/DOUBLEPOST]I am at the Hampton Inn in Columbus if you guys want to go
Man, if it were in driving distance, I'd be down for it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gasbandit is more selfish than he needs to be, more stubborn than any two people need to be, and has grown up convinced that the only person he can rely on to come up with actionable, useful ideas about how to do anything is himself, though the most likely reason for the strength with which he believes this is no doubt due to how often it seems to come true. Also, his shame detector is broken, causing it not to sound the alarm until his situation has progressed deep into the red. Does this make him a bad person? Yes, according to many. But do these characteristics also predispose him to success in positions of responsibility and leadership? Yes, again, and then some. Did he recently get a glimpse at the meaning behind John Donne's words? Probably, and perhaps that'll dull some of the pricklier parts of his personality. I do not begrudge him his predilections, as I have no standing to do so. I do expect that the longer he spends in his cask, the more mellow he will ultimately emerge, though he'll still pack a whallop.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

I tried to write it like a performance evaluation. :)

--Patrick

fade

fade

Unless you're a mind reader, you only see what people want you to see in real life, too.

Dave

Dave

Ask @HowDroll, I'm the same here as I am in real life. And @HowDroll is very different. As I told her (because I have no tact), she's smarter than I ever gave her credit for. She's always been the cute little college girl and she's never really dispelled that. Truth is she's probably one of the smartest people here. And she's a total hipster.

Me? I'm just the old guy.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have apparently missed a trick here... and I'm okay with that. This is EPIC.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Me? I'm just the old guy.
I am exactly what it says on the tin.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I dunno, HD always seemed to me to be fairly intelligent, putting on a bit of an act of the stereotypical college girl, but interspersed with blinks of intelligence and nerdiness :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ask @HowDroll, I'm the same here as I am in real life.
I make that same claim. It's much easier to maintain one's online façade when it just so happens to also be who you really are.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm mostly the same on here as I am in reality. Slightly less feathers.Slightly more bumbly, since I don't always have time to form a coherent thought before saying it, unlike in writing.

Dei

Dei

Seriously, at least I can edit my post 5 times after writing it, unlike the things that come out of my mouth. [emoji14]

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm just as dry and boring in real life as I am on here. Just ask @Docseverin :D

Maybe a touch more awkward when I don't have time to edit my words before getting them out.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm mostly myself on here.

With a little less nudity. ;)

Dave

Dave

I dunno, HD always seemed to me to be fairly intelligent, putting on a bit of an act of the stereotypical college girl, but interspersed with blinks of intelligence and nerdiness :p
She seemed intelligent, but not HOLYCRAPGAWDDAMN intelligent. She always struck me as the girl who was smart enough to get into college but then partied more than studied. Having met her in person I was very, very impressed. If I were better looking, younger, unmarried, had more money, and taller...she'd still be out of my league.

Bubble181

Bubble181

If I were better looking, younger, unmarried, had more money, and taller...she'd still be out of my league.
She'd also be competing with Eve and Lilith, so....

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Are the Columbus Clippers playing the L.A. Blue Jackets?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

She'd also be competing with Eve and Lilith, so....
Lilith all the way. I always like the fiesty ones, and Eve is stuck up anyway.

Steve, on the other hand...

Terrik

Terrik

You called?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Amy

Amy

This thread has SOOOO morphed from what it was, into a beautiful new monster

Null

Null

This thread has SOOOO morphed from what it was, into a beautiful new monster
Did a google image search for "beautiful new monster". Am not displeased with the result.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Null

Null

PatrThom

PatrThom

--Patrick

fade

fade

Did a google image search for "beautiful new monster". Am not displeased with the result.

Ah Ducati, you make beautiful nakeds. Too bad they're pretty unreliable.

Null

Null

Ah Ducati, you make beautiful nakeds. Too bad they're pretty unreliable.
They're Italian. Italian engineers can do beautiful, exciting, and high performance. They don't do logical or reliable. See also: Fiat, Lambourghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Lancia, Alfa Romeo...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They're Italian. Italian engineers can do beautiful, exciting, and high performance. They don't do logical or reliable. See also: Fiat, Lambourghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Lancia, Alfa Romeo...
...Chrysler

Fiat had to be the worst company to buy them out. Neither company can help the other with engineering better cars. But they will have some beautiful babies.

PatrThom

PatrThom

...Chrysler
Are you talking about the Dodge Tomahawk?

--Patrick

fade

fade

I don't know man. I'd buy Chrysler stock right now. I think the Jeep Renegade is the smartest move Jeep ever made. It fills a niche they've been trying to fill for years. It's relatively good on gas mileage, it's unique to look at like the Wrangler, and unlike the Compass and Patriot, it's actually capable of towing and going off-road. And it's really just a re-dressed Fiat 500L.

Amy

Amy

I am exactly what it says on the tin.
liar.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It may be written in invisible ink, only visible under the light of a waxing moon on February the 29th.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Amy

Amy

Pffft. I stand by what I said.

Null

Null

I don't know man. I'd buy Chrysler stock right now. I think the Jeep Renegade is the smartest move Jeep ever made. It fills a niche they've been trying to fill for years. It's relatively good on gas mileage, it's unique to look at like the Wrangler, and unlike the Compass and Patriot, it's actually capable of towing and going off-road. And it's really just a re-dressed Fiat 500L.
One problem that Chrysler and Dodge have is their transmissions. For the last 15 years, around 75,000 miles, you're going to need a new transmission. And that really isn't a lot of mileage for today's cars.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gasbandit is more selfish than he needs to be, more stubborn than any two people need to be, and has grown up convinced that the only person he can rely on to come up with actionable, useful ideas about how to do anything is himself, though the most likely reason for the strength with which he believes this is no doubt due to how often it seems to come true.

--Patrick
Alright, I felt the need to repeat the above today, because my GM just came into my office and asked me how many square feet a 3 foot by 3 foot surface is. "Is that 9?"

I had to take a moment to make sure he wasn't tricking/mocking me.

Null

Null

It's one of those moments where it seems too simple and you suspect you've forget how to do it right. So you ask the nearest smart person.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Alright, I felt the need to repeat the above today, because my GM just came into my office and asked me how many square feet a 3 foot by 3 foot surface is. "Is that 9?"

I had to take a moment to make sure he wasn't tricking/mocking me.
Well... is it?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Null

Null

Well... is it?
Yes. 3 square feet would be a surface 3 feet by 1 foot. In this case it really is as simple as 3 feet x 3 feet = 9 feet^2. It just seems wrong because 9 feet is mentally huge, compared to a 3 x 3 area.

fade

fade

Unless you think of 9 1' by 1' tiles. But I assume ravenpoe was joking.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Unless you think of 9 1' by 1' tiles. But I assume ravenpoe was joking.
Yes... yes... joking.

:ninja: