Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Also, I can't believe it's 2020 and the argument that online celebrities are not real celebrities is still a thing people do.
When an e-celeb...such as say, Belle Delphine, has millions of fans and makes upwards of 4 million a year from them, I'd consider them a "real" celebrity, even if they're not one I care about or follow.

Celebrity is just basically "famous and well known." I've heard of her. I guarantee she's never heard of me.

Welp, the asshole messaged me on Messenger. I blocked him, but not before writing a last word back.

His message:
20201106_134514.jpg
20201106_134526.jpg
20201106_134549.jpg

He might have had a point about the letters, but I was going through a very hard time then (pretty sure this was back in 2000 around my first major suicide attempt). And if I recall, his letter was barely legible or understandable. I can't remember Nick from 20 years ago well enough. Funny he only brings this up now.

Anyway, my response shortly before I blocked him.:
Screenshot_20201106-135535_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-135552_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-135557_Messenger.jpg

What the hell? You are free to friend and unfriend whoever you want for any reason. Nor do you have to give someone a reason. He is aware that you removed him and don’t want to communicate with him. What on earth is wrong with him? Why can’t he let it go?

The issue is with him.
You would think blocking him on Twitter would have been a clear enough sign, but apparently not.

Some of the points he raises might actually be valid, but his delivery suuucks. I mean, I know I’ve given backhanded advice on the forum before, but I didn’t take that advice, wrap it up in barbed wire, and then beat the other person to death with it. Yeesh. And his closing paragraph sounds very “Fine! I didn’t like you anyway!” sour grapes-y.

I’m not saying you should open a channel back up with him, btw. I think your life is going to be better by not having him in it.

—Patrick

Some of the points he raises might actually be valid, but his delivery suuucks. I mean, I know I’ve given backhanded advice on the forum before, but I didn’t take that advice, wrap it up in barbed wire, and then beat the other person to death with it. Yeesh. And his closing paragraph sounds very “Fine! I didn’t like you anyway!” sour grapes-y.

I’m not saying you should open a channel back up with him, btw. I think your life is going to be better by not having him in it.

—Patrick
He absolutely has some points. For example, I barely remember the Skype thing he mentions and I can't for the life of me remember where I was at there. Probably not in a good place. Not that that's any excuse, but it's a legitimate gripe. He's also being an asshole in his delivery on it.

And, I mean, i hate being overweight, lonely, living with my parents, etc. But I'm also struggling with crippling insecurities and mental health that I admit still can't get past. He makes it out that I'm just lazy and looking for attention. Which further proves he understands jack shit about mental health issues.

I’ve been an employee of Bed Bath & Beyond for several years, and that’s all about to change.

So, my store is closing. I’m going to be out a job sometime , probably January, in the next couple of months. I’ve worked with this company for 17 years now, started as part of a store set-up crew, got hired by the then District manager (my boss admitted a few years later that he didn’t want to hire me, but she made him do it, and she was right for insisting that he hire me), started as part-time, found out that of of the receiving crew quit, asked to be considered for the job, was given the chance and made it stick. I’ve been full-time since May of 2004,

It’s kinda strange taking the whole place apart now, after spending years keeping it organized and neat, it’s really just a jumbled mess now after all the rude people descended on the first couple of weeks of clearance sales. It’s rather tempting to punch some of the people that claim “this was my favorite place to shop” and all of us are wonder who they are because we’ve never seen them.

Now to see what comes beyond what I’ve been doing. Something will be there for me, just not sure what it is yet

Just had a customer who argued with me because their monthly rate changed by literally one penny.

ONE. FRIGGING. PENNY. And he demanded an explanation.

I hate customer service.

On top of that, he argued with me over everything.

"May I have the phone number on the account to pull it up?"
"I already entered it. You shouldn't have to ask for it."

You are wasting both of our time arguing over this petty shit. Just let me do my fucking job.

Just had a customer who argued with me because their monthly rate changed by literally one penny.

I hate customer service.

You are wasting both of our time arguing over this petty shit. Just let me do my fucking job.
I had a meth head pt (in their 50's) that od'd on heart medication and was on a psych hold awaiting transfer to an inpatient facility because his gf wasn't giving him enough attention yelling and screaming at us, while a mentally competent pt in the very next room asked to be taken off a vent so they could die (they were in their 40's) with her family around her crying, and I know they could hear the guy and his gf yelling at us through the wall. I totally get where you're coming from. Some people are a waste of life.

I hate customer service.

Years ago when I worked in a call center I had a customer file a complaint with my supervisor for being “too polite.” Her argument was that my politeness was done just to make her feel bad as she was yelling at me, and “she wouldn’t stand for it.”

So yeah, some people are fucking horrible. I feel your pain.

My mother fucked up and left an endorsed check in her car. And it was stolen and cashed. It was the insurance settlement from when my dad passed two years ago. A lot of damned money. And the bank and the police will not help. You would think that the insurance agency would have an investigative arm...

I’m a bit suspicious now. My FIL made a claim to pay for roof repairs after we got hailed on earlier this year, and the bank made him come down there in person even to just deposit it because it was (barely) over $10k. If these folks were able to throw it into an account with a different name without any kind of identity challenge, then somebody somewhere isn’t doing their job.
If your mom still has the stub, then it should be easy to figure where it went. If not, the insurance carrier should have that as a record. And if nobody is willing to get off their ass to help a little old lady get her dead husband’s money back, then it’s time for it to get some human interest media attention.

—Patrick

Just found out that she was too fucking embarrassed to report it for two years.

Shame is a debilitating condition. Most of my screw ups come from being to ashamed to speak up. But damn. That is enough money for her to have lived on for the last two years.

But to your credit you are always very civil and polite.

You probably have never told a man to pull the cucumber out of his cunt and shove it up his ass.

But to your credit you are always very civil and polite.

You probably have never told a man to pull the cucumber out of his cunt and shove it up his ass.
Correct, I have never said this.
Post automatically merged:

Seriously though, I am livid. I don’t usually get worked up.

I've felt consistently burnt out for months, even before the pandemic, and don't know what to do about it. I barely talk to anyone and feel emotionally unavailable to anyone. I barely feel like talking to anyone. I struggle to find any enjoyment or engagement with anything.

And I just feel...stuck. I don't know what to do to "fix" this. I feel so utterly hopeless about my life, my future, the world, everything. I don't bother even trying to do anything anymore because I don't see the point. It's extreme cynicism combined with hopelessness.

More than anything, I desperately want to move out of my patents because it's LONG overdue, and even there - especially there- I feel trapped. I feel frozen because it just feels impossible.
I'm tired of not having ANY privacy or alone time when I just want to be left alone. But any attempts to move out just end up with me feeling defeated.

Last edited:
I went and got COVID-19 testing after feeling a little off and wound up testing positive on a rapid test. I actually had tested on Monday and got a negative, but since I was still feeling off, I went again this afternoon. Welp.
At least you have time to get better before clinic starts again?

So, like 10 years ago, it was all the rage to make web pages that were a big column in the middle of your screen, and have all this stupid white space on either side. Thankfully, the trend has mostly died off. My town's monthly email newsletter has yet to get the message.
1609434714218.png

I have to scroll for pages and pages to read just a few paragraphs. It's a pain in the ass.

Welp, Jun is going to leave in an hour to go isolate herself too. She tested negative today and she'd like to stay that way. She's going to a friends home (who previously had, and has recovered from COVID) where she'll spend the next few days in a bedroom isolating while waiting to take another COVID test to confirm she's still negative. Assuming she is, she'll go stay with an extended family member (who also tested negative) so she can still go to work while I can continue isolation. This means Ill spend New Year's alone and also miss her birthday next week, which sucks--but it's the safe thing to do. I'm just hoping my symptoms don't get worse. Haven't really had a fever yet, but I have some chest congestion and a little bit of a cough and a general sense of unease. A friend of mine had it last month and spent days in the hospital. My cousin currently has it and is in the hospital with pneumonia in two lungs. Still, another friend of mine said it felt like a mild cold. Hopefully I'm in the latter category.

GasBandit

Staff member
Welp, Jun is going to leave in an hour to go isolate herself too. She tested negative today and she'd like to stay that way. She's going to a friends home (who previously had, and has recovered from COVID) where she'll spend the next few days in a bedroom isolating while waiting to take another COVID test to confirm she's still negative. Assuming she is, she'll go stay with an extended family member (who also tested negative) so she can still go to work while I can continue isolation. This means Ill spend New Year's alone and also miss her birthday next week, which sucks--but it's the safe thing to do. I'm just hoping my symptoms don't get worse. Haven't really had a fever yet, but I have some chest congestion and a little bit of a cough and a general sense of unease. A friend of mine had it last month and spent days in the hospital. My cousin currently has it and is in the hospital with pneumonia in two lungs. Still, another friend of mine said it felt like a mild cold. Hopefully I'm in the latter category.
Well, on the upside, unlimited gaming with no judgement?