Rant VIII: The Reckoning

So, I got a promotion at work but I haven't started it yet,(It's straight nights and a pay cut but it's technically a management position) I'm taking the opportunity that it provides to go back to college. until it takes effect I'm still on a rotating shift, and have specifically been told by my direct manager (who knows I'm being promoted and who I won't be working for/under) that I'm not allowed to go back to college, yes, those are his exact words even though HIS direct supervisor knows what I want to do and is fine with it. Well I'm in college and right now only taking one class a week (on a Monday afternoon) and the two weeks out of 8 that I work Monday days I have to switch shifts with someone so that I'm off on Monday which management is usually fine with 99.999999% of the time. I'm having to make up lies in order to switch shifts, last week he was mad but "approved it" and said that I better not be switching shifts so that I can go to fucking school. I lied, said I had to help someone. Well this week rolls around (the schedule comes out on Thurdsday for the next week) and there is literally NO ONE I can switch with to have Monday off except one person (because he scheduled them all to work overtime, I'm assuming to try and stop me taking off on Monday because he knows I'm in school but can't prove it) well I was able to talk that one person into switching with me, but couldn't get it approved first because I wasn't able to talk to the guy until Saturday morning (remember schedule comes out on Thursday. Well.. Thursday night at around 7pm and management doesn't work weekends). I filled out the paperwork and submitted it anyway, it's causing 0 overtime and everyone involved (me and the other person) consented to the switch but because he didn't get to see it first and "approve it" he's all pissy about it. I woke up to a text this morning about what the hell am I doing swapping days without his approval and how he's tired of playing my games and it's bullshit and I know it. I've called in one time in the last 4 years, and this is only the 2nd time that I've swapped shifts with someone in over 4 years. It's like Jesus man, just because you're stuck at this shitty job doesn't mean you have to try and make sure everyone else is stuck here as well, especially someone you know has been promoted (just not moved yet) and isn't even going to be under your direct supervision. Some people, I tell ya.

They make these hard plastic protective covers for gardens. A little pricey but maybe worth it if hail damage is common enough.

They make these hard plastic protective covers for gardens. A little pricey but maybe worth it if hail damage is common enough.
I mean, we get hail sometimes, but this was ridiculous. It was a few inches thick on the lawn when it was done.

Stories about rotten experiences with families break my heart. I have different kinds of baggage, but minimal family baggage. I don't know what I'd do without them. If anyone ever needs to adopt a sister or mom, just message me. ❤❤❤
I probably should cut my mom some slack. She had a seriously fucked up childhood - physical and verbal abuse, abandonment, etc. She could have continued that pattern of abuse as a mom, but she didn't. I should be able to deal with some passive-aggressive behavior and martyr-mom syndrome. Who knows maybe some of the problems are b/c of me being an ass?

I am super happy that you have a good relationship with your fam!

Stories about rotten experiences with families break my heart. I have different kinds of baggage, but minimal family baggage. I don't know what I'd do without them. If anyone ever needs to adopt a sister or mom, just message me. [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
I'd love to adopt a sister. I don't even know the last time I talked to mine. One blocked me on Facebook and doesn't talk to me anymore, the other hasn't blocked me, but still I have minimal communication with her. And they both celebrate holidays without inviting me, and if I try to have a family get together (christmas/Thanksgiving were both at my house last year) they don't come and only my mom and aunt come, and then you see them on Facebook having a get together with each other that we weren't invited to. So yeah, pretty good. Only thing is you'll have to initiate talking to me, I don't message first most of the time haha

Stories about rotten experiences with families break my heart. I have different kinds of baggage, but minimal family baggage. I don't know what I'd do without them. If anyone ever needs to adopt a sister or mom, just message me. ❤❤❤
I think it's so cool when I meet someone who in all honesty goes "my mom is my best friend." I know that never could or would be me, but I don't hold any envy over it; it's just really neat to see such close family dynamics.

Cajungal

Staff member
And in spite of what I said, it's true that one of life's big perks is that you can, in a way, choose your "family" (if family is your name for your closest loved ones). One of my oldest friends doesn't see much of her family, but her friends are like her siblings. They do holidays together. It's pretty beautiful how they all found each other.

I hate AZMVD.

We show up at the MVD to get Sarah's license changed, and the first thing they tell us is that we need a copy of our marriage license, because they need verification of her name change. And then, when I bring in our marriage license, they won't accept it because it's not a certified copy.

So, guess who had to order a certified copy via the internet and shell out $60+ for it?

I hate AZMVD.

We show up at the MVD to get Sarah's license changed, and the first thing they tell us is that we need a copy of our marriage license, because they need verification of her name change. And then, when I bring in our marriage license, they won't accept it because it's not a certified copy.

So, guess who had to order a certified copy via the internet and shell out $60+ for it?
Aislynn still hasn't changed her name from when we got married 6.5 years ago, and every time we move, or have to deal with the government in any way, I'm a little bit relieved.

I'm an only child and I do not have a good relationship with my parents. Worse with my dad than my mom, but she still drives me batshit insane. Some things I've talked about (ranted about) on here. Some I've kept to myself.

@Emrys is one of my adopted sisters. I would love another. :)

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Because not only did I miss both pay periods this month for work to pay me, but I'm not getting my LTD tomorrow either. My rep confirmed it today.

I had a manual system all worked out with HR, admin, the pay people and I had the insurance company on board too. Awesome, right? I was hoping that I'd get my LTD in a few weeks. My boss pipes up at the last minute and wants to try again in the broken system....all of my momentum has been lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I don't doubt that there will be a large class action lawsuit at some point. I've heard some real horror stories which is why I am all over the pay people. I asked them where I can email pictures of my kids today. The people that would be the most impacted by their fuck up. Needless to say they didn't provide me with an email address.

There are employees missing far more than me, so I don't know where I stand. My union wants me to grieve over my backpay, but that could ruin my relationship with my boss, so I'm in a really crappy spot.

I don't doubt that there will be a large class action lawsuit at some point. I've heard some real horror stories which is why I am all over the pay people. I asked them where I can email pictures of my kids today. The people that would be the most impacted by their fuck up. Needless to say they didn't provide me with an email address.

There are employees missing far more than me, so I don't know where I stand. My union wants me to grieve over my backpay, but that could ruin my relationship with my boss, so I'm in a really crappy spot.
If your job is taking advantage of you, and lots of other people as well, you should definitely officially file grievance so that there's an official written record, that lines up with your personal records.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

As anticipated, my boss had nothing relevant to add to the situation and delayed everything by a day. She just piped up and offered to “help” so it looked like she was doing something while she was “working from home”.

It was evident that she didn’t actually read any of the emails this week on the situation because she was still trying to use the system I can’t access and her “help” was to spend a few minutes trying to find me in the system and then ask me why I hadn’t added her. Again. So again, I had to explain the entire situation. She should already be up to speed. She emailed last night and I am so glad that I saw it this morning, because I would have freaked last night.

So she just wasted a day that could have gotten my LTD paid to me on time. My real pay is delayed and I may see it next month. It all depends on how badly it’s screwed up. The big deal now is getting my hours reported to the insurance company. Every day matters and I’m angry that she doesn’t get this. The rest of the team and her boss all get this. He stepped in yesterday and was a huge help.

I’m furious that she wasted a day. I knew that she couldn’t do anything and I wish that she had shut up and stayed doing whatever it is she does all day because the rest of us were seriously just a few minutes away from fixing this.

I sent an early email to get the ball rolling again. I didn’t ask for permission, I just asked the person who can send it to please do so.

I’m ready to scream.

Dave

Staff member
As anticipated, my boss had nothing relevant to add to the situation and delayed everything by a day. She just piped up and offered to “help” so it looked like she was doing something while she was “working from home”.

It was evident that she didn’t actually read any of the emails this week on the situation because she was still trying to use the system I can’t access and her “help” was to spend a few minutes trying to find me in the system and then ask me why I hadn’t added her. Again. So again, I had to explain the entire situation. She should already be up to speed. She emailed last night and I am so glad that I saw it this morning, because I would have freaked last night.

So she just wasted a day that could have gotten my LTD paid to me on time. My real pay is delayed and I may see it next month. It all depends on how badly it’s screwed up. The big deal now is getting my hours reported to the insurance company. Every day matters and I’m angry that she doesn’t get this. The rest of the team and her boss all get this. He stepped in yesterday and was a huge help.

I’m furious that she wasted a day. I knew that she couldn’t do anything and I wish that she had shut up and stayed doing whatever it is she does all day because the rest of us were seriously just a few minutes away from fixing this.

I sent an early email to get the ball rolling again. I didn’t ask for permission, I just asked the person who can send it to please do so.

I’m ready to scream.
How much is your LTD? I got my bonus and I can help until you get it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

How much is your LTD? I got my bonus and I can help until you get it.
Thank you! That’s so nice of you to offer!

We’ll be fine though.

I’m posting because I’m just so furious about this and how useless my boss has been and I need to vent.

My parents and sister have also been pretty clueless and don’t get it. My mother actually fought with me that of course I was getting my LTD still. I had to actually raise my voice to get her to listen. Omg.

My insurance rep got copied on the email with all the information and is taking it to their pay department, so I’m hoping that maybe we can just bypass our pay people. Whatever works, right?

This is ridiculous. As angry as I am, I’m trying to remember that people are in far worse pay situations than I am.

Oh cool, after jumping through hoops, being told I've been accepted, putting my notice in at work I find out today that my school program is actually full and I've been put on a waitlist.

OOOPS!

What a little boo boo.

Thanks NAIT.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

AnonymousBits: Have you filed that grievance? Please tell me you've filed that grievance.
I can’t until next week because of the log weekend. I will see where things are on Tuesday before I go there. Filing is a huge deal, so I don’t want to unless absolutely necessary.

My sister told me to “just compartmentalize all this and keep having fun”. WTF. Seriously. What the hell does that even mean? I recognize each word on its own, but I can’t think of worse advice. She had some back pay issues a few years ago and I supported her. Keep in mind that she never went without. She’d be freaking if she had to go without. She would not want to be told to keep having fun.

I asked the people in pay where I can email pictures of my kids so they can see who their incompetence is hurting. That didn’t go over really well.

I'm feeling very self-pitying today. I'm really fucking tired of being single, but I'm way even more extra super tired of shit dates.

I went to the zoo on a first date - and it bears stating, going to the zoo was her idea - and this 31 year old human woman spent about 30 seconds looking at any given animal and going "DO SOMETHING. You're boring. Fuckin' lame. Next." and saying of other customers at the zoo things like, "These people are freaks. They're just looking at the animals." Uhh, it's a fucking zoo?

Who thinks this is an appropriate way to behave? Anyway when she suggested we leave and go for lunch, I told her to go get lunch, and I stayed at the zoo.

I'm feeling very self-pitying today. I'm really fucking tired of being single, but I'm way even more extra super tired of shit dates.

I went to the zoo on a first date - and it bears stating, going to the zoo was her idea - and this 31 year old human woman spent about 30 seconds looking at any given animal and going "DO SOMETHING. You're boring. Fuckin' lame. Next." and saying of other customers at the zoo things like, "These people are freaks. They're just looking at the animals." Uhh, it's a fucking zoo?

Who thinks this is an appropriate way to behave? Anyway when she suggested we leave and go for lunch, I told her to go get lunch, and I stayed at the zoo.
Granted, it wasn't a date, but I think we had a better time at the zoo. You are a good zoo companion. I don't know what her problem is, but I'm glad you don't have to deal with it anymore.

On the bright side, you now have a funny bad date story to tell in the future.

Cajungal

Staff member

That's a really sucky date. On the bright side, many people would "screen" their personalities a bit and be more polite on date 1. At least she had the decency to act like an asshole immediately and save you a little time.

Really, though, I'm sorry. Hope you have a good one soon.