Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Just after the previous shift guy had left tonight I started having chest pains, flushed, pressure, and a bit lightheaded. It was different than last saturday, so I let the bartender and manager know I wasn't feeling well, and a few minutes later, that I was going to the ER. This is absolutely NOT the time for this to be happening. Not with the Moose convention in house this weekend.

After a couple hours of hearing nothing from the doctors, and all symptoms passing to the point of me falling asleep, enough was enough and I left and came back to work. Essentially all I did was wipe out the three hours I'd done by coming in early. :p

There's a department at my company that has an overall management and coordination role. They don't deal directly with the clients or with the translators, instead they're responsible for the management of our internal processes, eg which cases should have priority, which cases don't need an editor and can be handed back directly to the clients, which editors have too much of a workload today and whether their cases can be redistributed, etc. Basically, they make it possible for our company to operate.

I learned today that this department is going to be dissolved, and the management and coordination tasks will be redistributed to the remaining departments.

Yeah, I don't see this ending disastrously at all.

Dave

Staff member
Just after the previous shift guy had left tonight I started having chest pains, flushed, pressure, and a bit lightheaded. It was different than last saturday, so I let the bartender and manager know I wasn't feeling well, and a few minutes later, that I was going to the ER. This is absolutely NOT the time for this to be happening. Not with the Moose convention in house this weekend.

After a couple hours of hearing nothing from the doctors, and all symptoms passing to the point of me falling asleep, enough was enough and I left and came back to work. Essentially all I did was wipe out the three hours I'd done by coming in early. :p
(1) Glad you're feeling better. (2) They let MOOSE stay at your hotel?!?

The third line is supposed to rhyme with the sixth.
Also, too many syllables on line 3.

C-, see me after class.
Whoa whoa whoa. CUT!

Stop the camera!

I was told the sexy teacher was gonna be played by a woman![DOUBLEPOST=1489683278,1489683029][/DOUBLEPOST]
Buff kitty,
Strong kitty,
Watch him kill a squirrel.
Bully kitty,
Mean kitty,
Steals your girl.
Oh that is it! I am gonna mangle my agent like a cat on a squirrel!

He told me the that nerd who corrects my poem was gonna be a skinny 18 year old chick!

There's a department at my company that has an overall management and coordination role. They don't deal directly with the clients or with the translators, instead they're responsible for the management of our internal processes, eg which cases should have priority, which cases don't need an editor and can be handed back directly to the clients, which editors have too much of a workload today and whether their cases can be redistributed, etc. Basically, they make it possible for our company to operate.

I learned today that this department is going to be dissolved, and the management and coordination tasks will be redistributed to the remaining departments.

Yeah, I don't see this ending disastrously at all.
And it begins.

As the most senior C2E editor at my company, and ostensibly the head of the C2E editing department, I now have a bunch of extra management and administration duties on top of my existing workload. As in, people come to me with problems and I need to come up with solutions. I wasn't prepared for any of this! I have no management training or experience! I have no idea what to do!

*runs around in circles crying*

Yep, it's pretty much learn-as-you-go. But, seeing as how so many of us all have the same advice, it would seem we have the same type of experience, so if you ran into anything incredibly crazy, you could probably ask for advice.

And it begins.

As the most senior C2E editor at my company, and ostensibly the head of the C2E editing department, I now have a bunch of extra management and administration duties on top of my existing workload. As in, people come to me with problems and I need to come up with solutions. I wasn't prepared for any of this! I have no management training or experience! I have no idea what to do!

*runs around in circles crying*
Man, Bhamv, that situation sucks.

Checked in at the university dental clinic for getting that tooth yanked.

Don't wanna. But I gotta. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's out, and it was not an easy procedure. First I couldn't get numb, then the tooth didn't want to come loose. Then it snapped and had to be sectioned out.

And sorry, @GasBandit, but you can't have it.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's out, and it was not an easy procedure. First I couldn't get numb, then the tooth didn't want to come loose. Then it snapped and had to be sectioned out.

And sorry, @GasBandit, but you can't have it.

Sounds like it's in pieces anyway. I need mine to be (mostly) intact.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I had that for one of mine. "I'm going to have to chip part of your jawbone. You may experience an uncomfortable sensation."

The last piece with the root and nerve was the worst. Once it was finally out I asked the dentist to show it to me. Then I gave it the finger. Dentist said he felt the same way. :)

The saga continues. Still no pain meds. Doctors and pharmacists still stupid. Cats and dogs given higher quality of life at vet clinic down the road.

The last piece with the root and nerve was the worst. Once it was finally out I asked the dentist to show it to me. Then I gave it the finger. Dentist said he felt the same way. :)
On that note time to get more mouthwash and floss!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk