RANT IV - A New Angst

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAudit said:
nbcolympics.com still has coverage by sport from Beijing. just a couple clicks and you've got fencing.
Oh nice! Thanks for the info. No women's epee, looks like, but men's epee is almost as good.

(SOMETIMES AN EPEE IS JUST AN EPEE.) :tongue:

Rant: "Coin operated air at the service station! Since when? What ever happened to knowledgeable staff filling it up, checking the oil, tires and offering fluid top ups?"

Missed an important deadline in one of my classes. This will probably completely fuck my grade, since my professor doesn't allow make up work. I'm just hoping it won't destroy my GPA, which would then jeopardize my status in the program. FUCK! :explode:

HCGLNS said:
Rant: "Coin operated air at the service station! Since when? What ever happened to knowledgeable staff filling it up, checking the oil, tires and offering fluid top ups?"
People complained about needing to tip those people and it was simply cheaper to make it self service than provide quality service.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Three bad things today. Bad things can come in threes, too. Someone alert the Masons.

Bought an album from iTunes and it was a Clean version. It didn't say that (usually it does) and it was the only version available.

I hate censored songs. It breaks the flow of the music when words are randomly missing.

CynicismKills said:
Bought an album from iTunes and it was a Clean version. It didn't say that (usually it does) and it was the only version available.

I hate censored songs. It breaks the flow of the music when words are randomly missing.
Ugh, I agree, I'd definitely ask for a refund, if the iTunes store does refunds.

ZenMonkey said:
CynicismKills said:

Ugh, I agree, I'd definitely ask for a refund, if the iTunes store does refunds.
Yeah, I was thinking to see if I can. Maybe torrent it since I own it, too, snag the songs that're censored.

A Troll said:
stienman said:
Been at work for 17 hours and counting.

blerg.

-Adam
That's insane! Please tell me you get paid overtime at the very least.
Not time and a half, but I do get paid. Last week was 64 hours, and this week is not looking much better.

But it does mean my wife will get the shed she's been wanting for years.

Fortunately we made the release this morning, so today I just have to write some software and kick it out before I leave (hopefully early) and tonight I get to broadcast the local tech group's meeting live on ustream with my new wireless video setup, so I'm excited about that. We're having the editor and publisher of Make Magazine at this meeting, a few FIRST robots, and so forth, so I have something to look forward to.

And I got 5 hours of sleep, so I'll just need a 15 minute nap this afternoon and this evening to get caught up.

-Adam

S

Scarlet Varlet

Uneven signals coming in.

I need a Magic 8 Ball more than ever.

edit: Also my video card is acting up since Saturday and I can only read about half of what's on the screen. Time to take the computer apart and see if I can get this thing to behave. No money for new video cards at the moment.

edit edit: disconnected everything. used compressed air to clear out everything. inspected card edge for wear/defects, found nothing. seated video card and turn on. flickering artifacts again. slightest touch to the edge of the card and they go away. Argh! :angry:

God dammit. Shaving mishap. One of the tooth on my trimmer came off...So I suddenly had a huge gash from my collar bone to chin without hair. So, now I'm shaven clean again :tear: :eek:rly:

Dammit, I prefer being beardy....And the girl I'm slowly but hopefully charming (cough) prefers beardiness too. Dammit!

S

Scarlet Varlet

Bubble181 said:
God dammit. Shaving mishap. One of the tooth on my trimmer came off...So I suddenly had a huge gash from my collar bone to chin without hair. So, now I'm shaven clean again :tear: :eek:rly:

Dammit, I prefer being beardy....And the girl I'm slowly but hopefully charming (cough) prefers beardiness too. Dammit!
Immediate solution

grrrrr.

I couldn't get the video streaming working last night for the tech group meeting. There's got to be an easier way.

-Adam

S

Scarlet Varlet

Can't get enough sleep, due to stress. Today is longest day of the week. Hooray.

Email password got spoofed or something, so I spent all night changing passwords and being pissed off. This was the last thing I needed on my plate at the moment.

I have a stomach ache from the stress. Curse you, stupid exam that was uploaded 9am this morning and had to be finished before 9pm!

Bubble181 said:

Collarbone to chin?

Now that's a neckbeard.

AshburnerX said:
Email password got spoofed or something, so I spent all night changing passwords and being pissed off. This was the last thing I needed on my plate at the moment.
Sorry you did that all night as I posted an announcement about this very issue.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

Well, I received an almost $1,000 tax refund this year. I was planning on a trip to Britain with it - until I accidentally bottomed out my car backing out of the driveway, hitting the transmission cooling pump and knocking it into my radiator. I was lucky that it didn't actually damage the pump...somehow...but I did need a new radiator. So most, if not all, of that tax refund got spent on fixing that.

The worst part is that the day before I had spent about $100 on the passport that I no longer need. At least I didn't spring for expedited processing...

GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!

This post sponsered by Frustration! Try it today, and see what Frustration can do for you!

-Adam

I am so busy. I have a record to release but it has to be mixed and mastered. Classes start next monday. I have the class I teach to prep for. I have WORK at 6:30am. And I'm getting sick. Why. Why. Why. Why. Why. It's not a question. It's a statement.

S

Scarlet Varlet

Have the whole month budgeted. Now I get an Urgent email my Satellite Radio service is almost up. Wut. I paid in October 2008, how can this be? Turns out when I transfered service to a new tuner (in the new car) they only charged me 9 months (plus $15 transfer fee) to keep me on the old billing cycle of my old radio. :angry: FUME! :angry:

O

Occasional Poster

<cathartic rant>

So my flatmate's parents and their little dog visited this weekend. We've shared this apartment for two years and this is the second time they visit so naturally they don't have a clue of how things work here, but that does not stop his father from questioning our kitchen arrangements and accusing me of being a fucking mooch behind my back.

"...and how much of the groceries we buy you is going to end up in his stomach?"
Insult me while you're a guest in my home? Fuck you!
I don't need nor intend to eat what you are buying for your son. I am perfectly able to pay for my own fucking food and have never asked you for anything. Piss off.

I'm glad that my flatmate did not tell me about his father's 'concerns' until after they had left because they are good people and we do get along nicely, but his father managed to hit a nerve this time.

</cathartic rant>

I waited too long on an assignment and missed my chance to turn it in. Most likely my grade will tank a result. This quarter has absolutely kicked my ass.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Had to have a few vials of blood drawn yesterday (as some of you already know). My veins are "tiny" according to most of the medical people who have tried to stick me with needles. There are almost always problems when I need to have blood tests done. So, today my right arm and both hands look like I'm some kind of junkie. :thumbsup:

WildSoul said:
So, today my right arm and both hands look like I'm some kind of junkie. :thumbsup:
Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.

(Seriously though, ouch, sorry.)

W

Wasabi Poptart

ZenMonkey said:
WildSoul said:
So, today my right arm and both hands look like I'm some kind of junkie. :thumbsup:
Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.

(Seriously though, ouch, sorry.)
Like I told Bubble, since I had to quit drinking I've had to turn to other means of getting a fix. Pills weren't enough.

(Thanks. Though it does make me wish I had more light-weight long sleeve shirts.)

House and pet sitting for my uncle while he's on vacation.

His cat's great, she keeps to herself and only wants attention here and there. She eats way too much so sometimes I have to ignore her meows for more food, but that's about it.

His dog drives me fucking nuts. No fence so I have to walk him, he's terribly trained and doesn't listen to me at all, he hates other dogs so I can't walk him very far, and almost always refuses for nearly 10 minutes to pee/crap in his own yard. He jams his drooly face in my field of vision all the time while I'm on the comp or watching tv, and tries to stand on my lap in order to get my attention (he is a beagle).

Why can't more dogs be like mine back home and be, you know, well-behaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.