RANT - about anything II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
^Just to clarify, Juski and Gusto----if there are over a dozen computer stations empty---go nuts! I don't care what you do. But at peak hours when EVERYONE needs a computer, I think it's common courtesy to wait to check your personal pages.

Meraede said:
Massive rant: My husband was on training to go over to Afghanistan for 9 months, was in Afghanistan for 6 months and was posted to another base once he got back.

Yes, I know I can move to where he is but he really wants to come back to this base (where he is massively needed) but the career manager says no. Plus I've got a really good job here that I enjoy. The people (well, most of them) are really great, I don't have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest city to work, and I've got alot of latitude with my job so I can work on my accounting degree while in the office. Frankly, moving and having to look for a new job in the current economic environment scares the crap outta me.

<sigh> We've been married for 4 years and physically together for 2. When do we get to be a family again?

I need a drink.

Sounds pretty bad, damn.

Also, yay me, I pegged you as female after your very first post. Harr.

T

The Mike

I’ve noticed a strange phenomenon and I want to know if it’s me or if it happens to others.
The way I post is I open the active posts to see what is going on, open 4 or 5 threads on different tabs, read the subject and post on each, refresh and respond accordingly, but from time to time I get the feeling I’m either a thread killer or something is wrong, because I am stuck with 4 tabs were nobody is posting after me.
Ever get this feeling?
Is it me?

The Mike said:
I’ve noticed a strange phenomenon and I want to know if it’s me or if it happens to others.
The way I post is I open the active posts to see what is going on, open 4 or 5 threads on different tabs, read the subject and post on each, refresh and respond accordingly, but from time to time I get the feeling I’m either a thread killer or something is wrong, because I am stuck with 4 tabs were nobody is posting after me.
Ever get this feeling?
Is it me?
/crickets

Nah just kidding. I used to get that idea too. That mine would be the post that ruined the thread. But that was back in the Halfpixel days when I really didn't think anyone cared what I thought.

It was nice to be brought back to these forums by certain members who wanted me to return. :) It let me open up a bit, and if I kill a thread, no worries.

T

The Mike

Gusto said:
The Mike said:
Ever get this feeling?
Is it me?
/crickets

Nah just kidding. I used to get that idea too. That mine would be the post that ruined the thread. But that was back in the Halfpixel days when I really didn't think anyone cared what I thought.

It was nice to be brought back to these forums by certain members who wanted me to return. :) It let me open up a bit, and if I kill a thread, no worries.
Helping? hurting or glowing on your popularity?

Hehe, I don't think I'm popular.

I just mean that I was so terrified of killing a thread that I would stop posting. Don't stop posting, The Mike.

Yeah, don't stop posting. I'm pretty sure you'd find I have killed far more threads than you have :-P

Actually, it's just that, with some posters leaving and others joining, depending on the time of day, some threads will gently get lower down on the first page. When you opened it up, it might've been one of the top 4 threads, but for new arrivals, it may have been pushed down to fifth or sixth place, and they miss it.

I, for one, ALWAYS have only one tab open on this forum. I always go back and forth to the general forum to see what other threads have moved, who has responded where, etc. While the reaction speed is slightly slower, it enables you to follow more threads - and notice newer threads quicker - than by just opening threads in a new tab.

Bubble181 said:
I, for one, ALWAYS have only one tab open on this forum. I always go back and forth to the general forum to see what other threads have moved, who has responded where, etc. While the reaction speed is slightly slower, it enables you to follow more threads - and notice newer threads quicker - than by just opening threads in a new tab.
Yeah, this. I have too many other tabs open anyways.

T

The Mike

Bubble181 said:
Yeah, don't stop posting. I'm pretty sure you'd find I have killed far more threads than you have :-P

Actually, it's just that, with some posters leaving and others joining, depending on the time of day, some threads will gently get lower down on the first page. When you opened it up, it might've been one of the top 4 threads, but for new arrivals, it may have been pushed down to fifth or sixth place, and they miss it.

You only have one tab an yet you post like your life depends on it

The Mike said:
Bubble181 said:

You only have one tab an yet you post like your life depends on it

It does. I am, at this very moment, recording scenes from Speed III. I have to keep posting at this speed, or my PC explodes.

Cajungal

Staff member
Gusto said:
The Mike said:
Ever get this feeling?
Is it me?
/crickets

I totally used to feel this way. When I first started posting on HP, I was half afraid of being run out by foaming-at-the-mouth, vicious trolls... but that's just because I've had terrible forum experiences before this. I like it here. ^_^ And if you don't care what I have to say... well, too bad. I'm posting anyway!

Useless fact: My current favorite cheese is Cambazola.

Cajungal said:
I totally used to feel this way. When I first started posting on HP, I was half afraid of being run out by foaming-at-the-mouth, vicious trolls...
Eh, I do my best but for some reason no one ever takes the bait around here. So instead of a forum filled with vicious trolls you get fluffy little ones instead.

RANT: None of you take my bait around here! How completely unexpected and unintended!

RANT: Lousy Smarch weather! 2 hours of using a pick axe to free up the mountain of ice on my driveway and I am only 1/3 finished.

HCGLNS said:
RANT: Lousy Smarch weather! 2 hours of using a pick axe to free up the mountain of ice on my driveway and I am only 1/3 finished.
A pick axe?!? Did you find any Thorium ore while you were at it?

RANT: I started the Board Request category on the same day that the main phpBB site got hit with a 0-day exploit. So I have all of these cool things I want to do* but I CAN'T!

Stupid 0-day exploits.

*Things such as navigation buttons, quick reply and possibly even a new skin. The skin one is problematic because all of these little things I'm adding would have to be added again, which is a pain in the butt.

C

chakz

Gusto said:
The Mike said:
Ever get this feeling?
Is it me?
/crickets

You know, I get the exact same feeling. I'd post something and then the thread would drop like a stone.

ElJuski

Staff member
Man I had all these bits of conversation lined up but after Chakz posted....yeah I got nothing.

THANKS. :humph:

Shannow

Staff member
At work atm. Ill check when I get home thanks. Thanks!

edit: Curses! Cant check until Sunday, leaving directly from here for the 5 hour ride to NYC forr Comic con!

Argh! My husbands temper is getting worst and it's making me me so depressed and angry! He will literally freak out about the smallest thing and start throwing books or chairs around and then shout at me if I tell him to calm down or to stop destroying my shit!

His gamer rage has reached new limits. Get shot once? Hell! I'll throw my wallet at the wall and leave a huge dent! He won't eat anything that is cooked for him because it's not he wanted despite the fact I ask him what he want and he says "I don't care" or I'll tell him what I want to cook he'll say "sure' then have a fit when he doesn't like it.

It's just...just....so mind numbing. It feels like everything is my fault.

LittleSin said:
Argh! My husbands temper is getting worst and it's making me me so depressed and angry! He will literally freak out about the smallest thing and start throwing books or chairs around and then shout at me if I tell him to calm down or to stop destroying my shit!

His gamer rage has reached new limits. Get shot once? Hell! I'll throw my wallet at the wall and leave a huge dent! He won't eat anything that is cooked for him because it's not he wanted despite the fact I ask him what he want and he says "I don't care" or I'll tell him what I want to cook he'll say "sure' then have a fit when he doesn't like it.

It's just...just....so mind numbing. It feels like everything is my fault.
Is this a dramatic departure? You might need to talk to him when he's in a calm & good mood (like after nookie) and ask him if there's something else going on like additional stress. Or he may need to see a doctor for something neurological.

I recognise that behaviour from my very worst days, too. I'd bet money it isn't just gamer rage, but there's something else going on...As previous people said - try talking to him at a calm and happy moment, if there still some like that.
I could be off base again, but it might be pre-becoming-a-father-stress? Or something else entirely, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.