RANT - about anything II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Full grown dogs do not need to be hand fed their nasty, moist food. You complain about your little princes being spoiled. Gee. I wonder how that happened. Also, whispering "no bark, no jump" does NOTHING. Just because he's called the "dog whisperer" doesn't mean you speak in a lower voice.

I'm all trussed up in Ace bandages (which is a bit of an adventure in itself if you've got, you know, respectably-sized tracts of land), and although I can't breathe, at least it's killing my back!

(I will happily recant this rant if it ends up helping my rib though.)

Gared said:
Also rant: the word is regardless, there is no ir at the beginning of the word. Irregardless would mean with regard to "subject" not without regard to "subject."
Combo rant: The only thing that bugs me more than "irregardless" is "irregardlessly," which you can sometimes hear on TV or coming from old people. Oh, and idiots! They say it sometimes as well.

A Troll said:
Gared said:
Also rant: the word is regardless, there is no ir at the beginning of the word. Irregardless would mean with regard to "subject" not without regard to "subject."
Combo rant: The only thing that bugs me more than "irregardless" is "irregardlessly," which you can sometimes hear on TV or coming from old people. Oh, and idiots! They say it sometimes as well.
I'm with the troll.

Gusto said:
A Troll said:
Gared said:
I'm with the brute squad.
you ARE the brute squad.

M

Matt²

Amy said:
Gusto said:
A Troll said:
Gared said:
I'm with the brute squad.
you ARE the brute squad.
:teeth:

Rant: I haven't watched The Princess Bride this week! AAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!
:aaahhh:

4:30pm.

Thought: I should leave. I just have this feeling I'm going to be hit with something if I don't. But I can't leave until 4:55...

Boss: Hey, Adam, do you have a minute?
Thought: YEEEAAAAAARRRRRGHH!
Me: Um, sure, what's up?
Boss: The developers in the Philippines are on two weeks holiday, and they tossed this unfinished code over to us (goes over various details about a rather complex, unfinished, untested state machine and security authorization sequence)
Me: So this is for the February release, huh?
Boss: -chuckles- Yeah, I wish! This needs to be done for this release, maybe Monday or Tuesday.... (He kinda looks away)
Me: Ah. Well, Unfortunately my weekend schedule is booked up, and in fact I have to leave for tonight's events in a few minutes... sooo....
Boss: Expectant look...
Me: ...I guess I can look at it for a few hours over the weekend and at least give you an idea Monday of what the time frame will be for an ugly kludge that will make other developers go :aaahhh: ...
Boss: ... ok. Well, I'll call you with the rest of the info tonight...
Me: ...Grabs coat and leaves before anything else happens, glad not to be the guy stuck onsite with the customer trying to get something working in the test vehicle - He'll likely be there all weekend long...

Yes, yes, it's better than not having a job, but I should have paid attention to my instincts, though he probably would have called me anyway.

-Adam

A Troll said:
Gared said:
Triple rant: ARGH! Earlier another student in one of my credential classes used that same frickin' term! And this person is going to be a teacher!

(We need a furious smiley, or one smiley slapping another on the backside of the head)

P

Philosopher B.

Fuck this cold. Fuck this cold with a mother-corkin' baseball bat. It's like several days in and my throat still feels funny. I just want to lay down and die.

A Troll said:
Triple rant: ARGH! Earlier another student in one of my credential classes used that same frickin' term! And this person is going to be a teacher!
So, the Troll is a teacher, eh?

... MindDetective? :Leyla:

W

Wasabi Poptart

A Troll said:

(We need a furious smiley, or one smiley slapping another on the backside of the head)
My best friend's grammar is hideous. It scares me that she has a degree in early childhood education. Not that mine is perfect, but she uses sentences such as "He don't like pizza" and thinks it's ok.

Friends of my brother and I are getting married in August, but they're doing so up in the Northeast, which means as much as we'd like to go it doesn't look good, since we're going to be on the west coast and the southeast. Money to get up there and stay somewhere will have to come from somewhere and I can't yet say if either of us will have that kind of cash. A little early to be expecting not to go, but then I've always been a worrier.

WildSoul said:
My best friend's grammar is hideous. It scares me that she has a degree in early childhood education. Not that mine is perfect, but she uses sentences such as "He don't like pizza" and thinks it's ok.
Charlie Don't Surf? :-P

oh, rant:
A 28-year old guy took a knife to a crèche yesterday some 20 miles fromhere, killed 2 kids and one of the caretakers, critically injured 12 more children and two other caretakers, than took off for the next child daycare center. Luckily he was apprehended before he got there. He had plans and sketches for some more daycares throughout the area and was apparently planning to go to each one in turn to go and knife some kids. Blergh. Psychiatrists are already claiming he's not accountable and shouldn't be tried. Like that's going to happen :puke:

Bubble181 said:
A 28-year old guy took a knife to a crèche yesterday some 20 miles fromhere...
Oh, no, I heard about that (wasn't there even a thread on here about it? Or a mention of it) but somehow missed that it was in Belgium. That was truly horrible.

ZenMonkey said:
Bubble181 said:
A 28-year old guy took a knife to a crèche yesterday some 20 miles fromhere...
Oh, no, I heard about that (wasn't there even a thread on here about it? Or a mention of it) but somehow missed that it was in Belgium. That was truly horrible.

Apparently so, but it had fallen to the second page and I didn't see it.

Rant: the one time something happens near me you people know about, I'm not on here when you're discussing it. Ah well.

ElJuski

Staff member
Wahad said:
Rant: Curse my inability to speak my mind (or my heart, in this case). :sadness:
*checks watch* Yeah, it's about that time, chaps. Prepare for PMS--Panda Man Syndrome.

Either way, kind of rant, kind of jubilation--the ex has started dating the piece of trash she dated before me. The one I so gallantly saved her from, the real horrible asshole with no degree, is about seven years older than her, and still lives in his parent's basement. I'm happy I was the highlight of her otherwise white trash life.

Actually, that really isn't much of a rant at all. Rather, I kind of feel like Darryl after Kelly broke up with him. :cool:

Scenario: Recycling collection got cancelled last Monday due to extreme weather. City spokesman goes forth to assuage our fears

"In lieu of not collecting recyclables today due to the inclimate weather, collection will proceed with our regular alternate day of collection, the preceeding Saturday."

Rant: Why is this moron still employed!

RANT: I have too many "little sisters".

We went out to the club this past weekend for a friend's birthday. But of course, no clothing that a girl in her early-mid twenties would wear to the club has pockets in it. I decided to be the nice guy and volunteer my multitude of pockets, and before long, I was holding the keys/money/coat check ticket/IDs of three girls, plus myself.

I still had a good time clubbin', but add in all the accounting I was doing at the same time and it became kinda difficult to relax.

Dear University,

You can't make all my classes online, make a bunch of vital documents available online, then let your server crash all the time. Get it together, you disorganized fucks.

- A Troll

Of course I did the assignment incorrectly. Your syllabus was completely vague about what I should be doing.How the fuck does somebody who can't communicate clearly teach English? So now I have to spend more of my time because you suck. :Leyla:

When I finish making your forms in Crystal Reports and save them for you to test, I expect you to test them. Once you tell me they are good to go, I copy them several times, rename them, delete out the test form and then install the ones that are complete. This takes me a while to do. Now three fucking hours later you come back and tell me the grading scale is not the way you wanted it?!? What the fuck? Now I have to start from scratch because once you've put an evaluation on an installed form I can no longer change it! Took me four fucking hours to do it!

Dumb fuckers!

Cajungal

Staff member
Not a rant, just a question... could I pay anyone to go to my night class so I can stay home and play Oblivion?

Cajungal said:
Not a rant, just a question... could I pay anyone to go to my night class so I can stay home and play Oblivion?
Online or in person? What class is it?

B

Batdan

I miss you guys so much!!!! :waah:

Hopefully the gf will get internet at her place soon and I can become a productive forum member once again. Until then... *hugs*

J

JCM

Amy said:
Batdan said:
I miss you guys so much!!!! :waah:

Hopefully the gf will get internet at her place soon and I can become a productive forum member once again. Until then... *hugs*

*hugs*
*grouphugs*
*gropehugs Batdan*

ElJuski

Staff member
Batdan you are SUCH a pussy.

RANT: ...Actually...shit is pretty kosher today. Finally got my rent paid, my parking pass done, getting the Cuomo Alone albums and having some dinner with a giddy little bottle-rocket whose..."company" I thoroughly enjoy.

But goddamnit we're eating at a buffet. MSGGGGGGGGGGG >___<

My neighbors never shut up or stop jumping around the house or throwing things against the walls. I despise children. I'm also not going to complain about this since I like to party and watch loud movies and play Rock Band at high volumes. I'd rather us all annoy each other than be quiet all the time.

C

Cuyval Dar

Why in the hell do I have to be sick? Throwing up and not being able to eat for 4 days is like a slow death for a guy with a high metabolism. Gatorade and yogurt is not my idea of a kreffing balanced meal.

ElJuski

Staff member
Charlie Dont Surf said:
My neighbors never shut up or stop jumping around the house or throwing things against the walls. I despise children. I'm also not going to complain about this since I like to party and watch loud movies and play Rock Band at high volumes. I'd rather us all annoy each other than be quiet all the time.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I can never complain to the neighbors. Shit gets wacky round these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.