Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
Even at that rate, Mario should be way older then he is even if Cranky is only 40yo.
DK premiered in the arcade in 1981.
Donkey Kong Country released in 1994.

If Cranky was 40 in DKC, he'd have been 27 in DK. 13 years, meanwhile, is not a period of DRAMATIC aging for a human male in his 20s-40s. The real question here though, is whether Mario's fungal substance altered his aging as much as it altered his appearance. Consider - Super Mario Brothers, 1985 - non-super Mario is nearly identical to his "Jumpman" sprite in DK.

1699463542459.png

However, from SMB2 on, his appearance has radically changed, even appearing to get younger, with each successive foray into the Mushroom Kingdom. He looks YOUNGER than he did in 1981.

1699463508717.png

is not a period of DRAMATIC ageing for a human male in his 20s-40s.
Oh... so you're just in that river in Egypt about how you've changed since your 20s...

However, from SMB2 on, his appearance has radically changed, even appearing to get younger, with each successive foray into the Mushroom Kingdom. He looks YOUNGER than he did in 1981.

View attachment 46485
The toads just got him into mushroom based skin care, obviously...

View attachment 46485
You know how it is with Hollywood and aging. Nintendo has probably been putting the pressure on him for years. A pixel lift here, a digital tuck there...

Apparently, you can encounter random citizen events around the city in Spider-Man 2. They're not on the map, they're not given a waypoint. You just need to randomly stumble across it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sometimes the quality of the Darktide memes are really impressive. This ability is really new and already there's THIS.

Much as I like to watch reaction videos, I also enjoy watching people (usually hot girls) play games. Lately one particular game I've enjoyed watching people play is Mass Effect 2, because of the rather intense opening sequence. Reactions generally range from shock to disbelief.

Recently, however, I stumbled upon a hot girl who's also an active servicewoman playing the Mass Effect series, and the opening to ME2 apparently triggered her PTSD or something because it reduced her to a sobbing wreck. She said it reminded her of the evacuation of Kabul.

Never occurred to me that the opening of a Mass Effect game could trigger a service member like that.

Much as I like to watch reaction videos, I also enjoy watching people (usually hot girls) play games. Lately one particular game I've enjoyed watching people play is Mass Effect 2, because of the rather intense opening sequence. Reactions generally range from shock to disbelief.

Recently, however, I stumbled upon a hot girl who's also an active servicewoman playing the Mass Effect series, and the opening to ME2 apparently triggered her PTSD or something because it reduced her to a sobbing wreck. She said it reminded her of the evacuation of Kabul.

Never occurred to me that the opening of a Mass Effect game could trigger a service member like that.
I've been watching her too with this Mass Effect play through (she started with ME1) - being active military, she has some interesting insights into how some of the things are similar to the real military.

However, it's rough as heck watch as she just breaks down, as it reminded her of the people who stayed behind to cover the exits.

I'm kinda dreading what her reaction to the opening of ME3 will be when she gets there.

**edit** - There's a lot of the rest of ME2 and then a large chunk of ME3 that may be a big problem too.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Why can't I find any Paladin Hampster Danse jokes on the internet? Do too few people who played Fallout 4 remember the Hampster Dance?

I'm not even a Sega console kid, but I sure fucking loved those games in the arcade.

PS: Sega, put the fucking Arcade only sequel to Golden Axe out there for people to buy. Why do you pretend this literal classic of the sidescrolling beat em up genre doesn't exist?

I forgot where I read it, but someone said "expecting the modders to fix it after release will only work if the modders want to fix it."