Random Video Game Crap

figmentPez

Staff member
First things first, have you confirmed FO3 runs on your system? FO3 oftentimes doesn't play well with Windows 7 or later, and will crash on startup. If that happens to you, then the first thing you're going to need to deal with is to fix the startup crashes.
Yeah, I kinda figured I'd need a compatibility patch. But do I install Fallout 3 Windows 7 - 8 - 8.1 - 10 Fix, or Fallout 3 Windows 7 Crash Fix - (Easy Install), or Windows 10 - FO3 Optimization, or Fallout 3 Windows 10 Fix, or Fallout 3 Windows 7 and 8 Fix, or....

And that's just to get the game running. Then I need to look through stuff like the 3 or 4 different "unoffcial Fallout 3 patch" variations, the dozens of pages of bug fixes (some of which fix actual bugs, and some of which are balance changes), the various LAA/4GB memory patches...

And that's all before getting into aesthetic choices.

Whoops, forgot about Fallout Script Extender, wonder how many different versions of that there are!?

I don't know what compatibility patch you want.

This is the unofficial patch you want. UPDATED Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.

There is other stuff you might want or need, but that is the proper Unofficial patch. Then make sure this is your load order.
  • Fallout3.esm
  • Anchorage.esm
  • ThePitt.esm
  • BrokenSteel.esm
  • PointLookout.esm
  • Zeta.esm
  • Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
If you NEED the script extender because of some mods, this is the site for it: https://fose.silverlock.org/

Get the current stable version.

figmentPez

Staff member
Technology is getting a little ridiculous*.

*EDIT: It's not the original hardware. There are digital pregnancy tests with microcontrollers that display results on an LCD screen, but this is only the shell of one of those tests with new guts.

Last edited:
Was also going to post this, but then didn't when I also discovered it was just a video playback.

"Nuclear warheads? More like defused nuclear warheads!"

--Patrick

How the hell did someone guess my Steam password. I have 2FA so they didn't get in, but still, my Steam password isn't used anywhere else, and it should be virtually impossible to brute force.

Uuuhhhh, D is two separate generations...so that's a weird a listing anyway.

I guess I'm a G era then. Though we had a Tandy TRS-80 before we had a NES.

Before this, but I’m too lazy to go to the basement to photograph my original Nintendo with Duck Hunt gun. Unless we go beyond these brands, then Intellivsion and/or Commodore 64.
B9F76F5D-78C3-4F1D-9486-2B38A479890F.jpeg

Personally? First console I ever bought was an Intellivision 2.
But I've been playing since Atari 2600, and even remember when the local Sears & Roebuck started carrying the home console version of Pong, all covered in fake woodgrain, and everything.

--Patrick

1600206121918.png

Don't remember which "version" of Pong we had, but this looks close enough. Some time in the 70's for sure.

Edit: We got one of these the year before, so
1600206229195.png

And that came out in '76, so we hadda have the '77 version
1600206268203.png

GasBandit

Staff member
My first gaming platform was a Commodore 64. But I was briefly swayed to peasantry by the fancy convenience of an Atari 2600.