Random Video Game Crap

I've never found a pair of earbuds that fit in my ears at all so buying expensive earbuds has never even been a thought for me.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, Killing Floor 2 being free on EGS has led to some... interesting situations.

This was the starting roster for a Hell on Earth difficulty (the highest) game.

Those are some... optimistic players there.

1594560540010.png

Soooo, not only is Devolver Digital back with another Devoler Direct...

But they also have a fun little "demo" where you walk around an empty E3, avoiding security bots, watching game trailers, and grabbing collectables.

So, Killing Floor 2 being free on EGS has led to some... interesting situations.

This was the starting roster for a Hell on Earth difficulty (the highest) game.

Those are some... optimistic players there.
Maybe it’s just that they love the smell of burnt feathers and cordite.

—Patrick

I had to explain the joke. Probably should never have bothered in the first place. Sorry for wasting everyone's bandwidth.
No, it's funny - but it does hinge on knowing these folks are the Pancakes. Those of us who don't know, obviously can't get the joke. That doesn't mean it's a bad joke, just that the audience is limited.

GasBandit

Staff member
Those pictures kinda look like deepfakes though... what's the story on them? Somebody try to make photorealistic Pancakes? Or are these two actual people who got photographed for some reason?

How's the sound quality on them? I watched a guy review the E55s and he said the bass was both deafening AND muddy.
I'm not an audiophile, otherwise I wouldn't be using Bluetooth earbuds. But I think they're pretty decent. I find the bass to be fine, and they are of similar quality to high end wired earbuds of the same price I've used. So while they probably aren't as crystal clear as some $500 things from Bose or whatever, for their price I think they're good quality.

The only problem I've run into, and it's probably not a typical case, is sometimes if I'm only using one earbud, activating the second won't allow it to pair, and I'll have to turn them both off (by sticking them in the charging case) and take them back out for both to pair.

Soooo, not only is Devolver Digital back with another Devoler Direct...

But they also have a fun little "demo" where you walk around an empty E3, avoiding security bots, watching game trailers, and grabbing collectables.

I saw a comment on Kotaku that was basically "Who are these even made for?".

Me. They're made for me. I can't stand the idea of listening to some hype-person pretending to be hip cooing about their latest project coming some time next year. But this? I gladly sit through these, and even downloaded the game, if for no other reason that it has Chris Parnell doing the announcements.

GasBandit

Staff member
Further explanation for @LordRendar -

The Plumbbob (the crystal bob is holding) floats above the head of a Sims character, and is the indicator that said character is being directly controlled by the player. Bob has just learned he is the puppet of an unseen hand.