Random Video Game Crap

You know what rules? Square Enix's exclusivity deal with Epic Game Store. Epic pays Square a huge amount of money, as much money as they would get if their PC ports were good and they don't have to bother making good PC ports. Apparently that new FF1 Soulslike struggles to maintain a stable framerate, even with a 3080.

Yoyoi, which of the Kunio-Kun games are essential? Because there are just...so god damn many of them...and not all were translated so my completist ass will never be sated.

I would also say River City Ransom is the "only" essential game, though Way Forward has recently re-released the first sequel game as River City Girls Zero on the Switch.

If you still want MORE, pick up River City Girls after that. It's a more modern take, with each character having unique moves and such. It's getting a sequel, River City Girls 2, this summer with Kunio and Riki as playable characters, as well as Provie (basically Skate from Streets of Rage) and Marian (from Double Dragon, except she's basically Terry Bogard in a fight).

Fun fact: this version of Marian was supposed to be playable in Double Dragon Neon, but got cut, and also serves as a vendor in River City Girls.

Yeah, they added anime cutscenes to the game at parts to keep in style with River City Girls, which also has some significant animation.

Waking up in a tomb and just going is every Souls game Dunk, they didn't rip off Zelda.

I don't care about weapons being unbalanced but the difficulty of some enemies is complete horseshit.

Last edited:
Are you ready to drop 10 bucks on a flash game you played 15 years ago (and I'm not talking about Bloons TD)?

Because I think I am.

I played the HELL out of Crush the Castle back in the day.
On the subject, its funny to me that I've played ten times more of Bloons TD than Bloons itself.

GasBandit

Staff member
Digitaltrends lists the best PC co-op games (in their opinion)

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (FPS)
Lost Ark (MMORPG)
Phasmophobia (Horror/VR)
Valheim (Survival/Crafting sandbox)
No Man's Sky (Survival/exploration)
Monster Hunter World (RPG)
Deep Rock Galactic (FPS)
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (FPS)
Left 4 Dead 2 (FPS)
Destiny 2 (FPS)
Warframe (FPS)
Portal 2 (FPS Puzzle/platforming)
It Takes 2 (Platforming)
Diablo 3 (RPG)
FF XIV (MMORPG)
Payday 2 (FPS)
Overcooked 2 (Action)

Somebody explain to me how Destiny 2, Lost Ark, and No Man's Sky got on this list but Divinity: Original Sin, Don't Starve Together, and Stardew Valley did not.

GasBandit

Staff member

I am pensively hopeful. I love the concept, the gameplay's pace looks questionable (kind of slow and plodding like Dungeon Defenders was)... but most of all, it's Beamdog. The company that's pretty much dropped the ball on everything. I'm still bitter about the half-assed crap they shoveled out and called it "NWN Enhanced Edition" which was basically inferior to Diamond edition in every way.

Also Epic exclusive. Soooo Maybe in a year or so when it hits steam.

Faaake! That 1971 Zenith should've taken at least 10-15 more seconds to reach full brightness.
They damn near nailed that signature 80's Filmation look, though.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Back 4 Blood has released its first paid expansion.

The audacity of this bitch.

Asking me for $15 more dollars when I still regret the original purchase due to its staggering mediocrity.