Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
In which a depraved mind manages to play Crusader Kings 2 in such a way as to make a Horse the ruler of his nation, begin a horse-based dynasty, and go on to eradicate all humans on earth, replacing them with horses.

Man, I fucking miss 1-Up's heyday of podcasting. There'll probably never be video game podcasts as good as those.

GFW/CGW Radio and 1-Up Yours, where one segment you can have one of the guys rapping about pizza grease on a keyboard, the next a fucking HEATED discussion with one of the devs of that God awful Shadowrun shooter on why it's bad. There was even an episode that had Dennis Dyack on where he lost his fucking mind while recording. It was insane. Those were good times.

/pizza ain't a punchline, it's a lifeline.

I feel so old that I still recognize everything he's referencing.

Simple game: too boring

Complex game: too much work

I need to just reactivate Gamefly and start renting games so I don't have to commit to buying something I end up losing interest in or giving up on.

Or just finally start Witcher 3 gold edition.

This actually makes me wonder if it might be an answer to @Gared 's question about ways to channel aggression.
Trouble is, can you get insurance to pay for a VR setup if it's for health reasons? (probably not, but hey)

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my Vive. I have no room to play it any longer and if I wait too much longer it'll be completely obsolete.

GasBandit

Staff member
To be fair, Minecraft was doing battle royale years and years before Pubg or even dayZ.

"YAMERO!" made me chuckle, though. Man, remember the good old days when every shooter was a cinematic portrayal of WW2?

To be fair, Minecraft was doing battle royale years and years before Pubg or even dayZ.

"YAMERO!" made me chuckle, though. Man, remember the good old days when every shooter was a cinematic portrayal of WW2?
Wooooo Minecraft Hunger Games!

GasBandit

Staff member
I was gonna say I'm surprised there isn't a Rainbow Six battle royale game on there, but I googled first, and turns out, one's already been announced. /headdesk.

If there is any indication of any sort of Half-Life game, even if it's a battle royale pay-to-win game, I will priapism from now unto eternity.

And yes, I did just use "priapism" as a verb.

I remember buying Astrix and Obelisk brand new from the store for Genesis and it coming with a fruit roll up in the case.

I've earned Witcher 3 trophies since I last played Rayman Legends, but I'm going to let Rayman ride my signature until the trophy detection auto-updates. He deserves it.

Dark Souls Remastered is out. I haven't bought it yet.

It's not that I don't think it will be fun, and I never got to play the first game while it was heavily populated, plus other quality of life fixes. It might be too engrossing and I don't know if I want to get sucked in right now when I have so much other stuff going on right now.