Random Video Game Crap

Good lord, I didn't realize how bad Steam had gotten since getting rid of Steam Greenlight and introducing Steam Direct.

I just don't get it. Valve makes INSANE amounts of money through Steam and their own online games. They can't afford to hire a couple of people to make sure this crap doesn't happen? It wouldn't take much!

Darkest Dungeon is entirely playable one handed/mouse alone.
Would you say the €9.19 for the base game is the best deal, or the bundle with the shield breaker and Crimson Court, for €21.47? The latter's above what I'm usually willing to pay for a game, but...

GasBandit

Staff member
Would you say the €9.19 for the base game is the best deal, or the bundle with the shield breaker and Crimson Court, for €21.47? The latter's above what I'm usually willing to pay for a game, but...
I didn't spring for the shieldbreaker DLC, myself, and I definitely recommend doing a non-CC playthrough your first time. The Crimson Court adds a layer of... complexity... that I would have found overwhelming the first time I played.

Whether you want to buy it now and hold off on playing it (you can specify when you start a game what DLC you want that saveslot to use, if any), is up to you. Personally, I think the game is perfectly complete without any DLC, but CC does add spice.

Some people on GOG are complaining that the addition of CC has nerfed the survivability of people playing the vanilla game, since many of the changes/new items change the game so much.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Some people on GOG are complaining that the addition of CC has nerfed the survivability of people playing the vanilla game, since many of the changes/new items change the game so much.

—Patrick
It definitely makes it harder. I've lost way more high level people in this playthrough than I did in my vanilla playthrough, and almost all the deaths have taken place in the Crimson Courtyard.

Dunkey has been so subdued lately. It kind of creeps me out ;)
Your winky face at the end of that kinda creeps me out.

I've seen dunkey on podcasts before and he was kind of a poor guest. Very quiet and low energy. I wonder if there's some manic/depressive type of thing going on, or if maybe he's just naturally a low energy person and amps it up for his dunkey character.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've seen dunkey on podcasts before and he was kind of a poor guest. Very quiet and low energy. I wonder if there's some manic/depressive type of thing going on, or if maybe he's just naturally a low energy person and amps it up for his dunkey character.
This is true enough. When he actually appears on camera (what I've seen is mostly in Leah's youtube videos) he barely moves. At all. His physical mannerisms remind me of my great grandparents.

Joust and Balloon Fight always vexed me, I always thought Jouse was on some Warworld style arena and Balloon Fight was about the last member of a balloon platoon taking out an entire army single handedly Rambo style.

I've only seen scraps, but my favorite bit was Melina Juergens winning best performance. Shocking that's she's not a performer and was just someone who worked at Ninja Theory. She fucking deserved it for Hellblade.