Random Comic Book Crap

What's that? You need proof that Diversity & Comics is both a complete, reprehensible, transphobic asshole AND an idiot? Boom! Here you go.

What is he doing to that page?

Also Trek has always been the most SJW show out there...
Once again, a complaint that makes you go, "...have you ever seen/read/watched the thing you're arguing for/against?". Aside from Kirk's sexist leanings, the entire show and all is sequels were invented to be SJW. Not even subtly, it was its mission statement. HOW does someone not see that?!

Friend: Dude you should totally watch Titans, Dick doesn't kill people, the trailer was misleading.

Me: Oh well THAT's goo-

Friend: But Starfire has amnesia, is more angsty than Raven, kills lots of people while enjoying it,and had sex with a mafioso in the first episode.

Me: *Triggered war flashbacks feeling that's too similar to New52 Red Hood and the Outlaws* I...think I'll pass.

Not necessarily a rant, but it REALLY seems like Ben Percy is incapable of stopping himself from writing stories about people who combat the dark side of technology through augmented reality implants. Teen Titans, Nightwing, Green Arrow, even his own book aptly titled "The Dark Net". I don't want to say he's obsessed with the premise but homeboy DOES do it a lot.

Not necessarily a rant, but it REALLY seems like Ben Percy is incapable of stopping himself from writing stories about people who combat the dark side of technology through augmented reality implants. Teen Titans, Nightwing, Green Arrow, even his own book aptly titled "The Dark Net". I don't want to say he's obsessed with the premise but homeboy DOES do it a lot.
I thought his Nightwing was going to be the worst Dick Grayson story I would read all year...

...I wish I was right :(

Spider-Man-less got me looking into getting some Spider-Gwen trades, but then as I looked over them, saw how the run kept being broken by crossovers and missing issues, I remembered why I kinda fell away from much of this.

I think the movie just had me really excited, but I don't need to put up with Marvel's nonsense to have a good time.

Spider-Man-less got me looking into getting some Spider-Gwen trades, but then as I looked over them, saw how the run kept being broken by crossovers and missing issues, I remembered why I kinda fell away from much of this.

I think the movie just had me really excited, but I don't need to put up with Marvel's nonsense to have a good time.
*Emperor Palpatine impression* Goooood. GOOOOOOD.

I feel like a proud father souring you over the years on DC/Marvel nonsense like that.

Though honestly, if they ever release a Spider-Gwen Complete Collection that has all the related crossovers included, it might be worth it.

*Emperor Palpatine impression* Goooood. GOOOOOOD.

I feel like a proud father souring you over the years on DC/Marvel nonsense like that.

Though honestly, if they ever release a Spider-Gwen Complete Collection that has all the related crossovers included, it might be worth it.
I would probably buy a Spider-Gwen omnibus. Edge of Spider-verse, Spider-women, the main series, the other Spider-man crossovers. If it was genuinely complete, that would be an amazing read.

I think it was less you souring me and more you were right all along :p. DC and Marvel did the awfulness themselves. DC was genuinely getting better and then they took all that and used it to line Streaky's litter box. I'll probably still check out trades for stuff like Tom Taylor's Justice League Dark, and of course Squirrel Girl hardcovers, but the priority has died. I can't even be as excited for Kelly Thompson books because Marvel is stretching her thin as Bendis used to be, likely because they're going to soon cancel half those books anyway, but it means I can't depend on the quality I used to from her unless it's a non-Marvel series.

QUESTION-does anyone know the name of this graphic novel, its where its like just 100 comic book covers and absolutely no traditional art in it at all, all the story you get is just from the covers. I can not for the LIFE of me remember what it was called.

No, but now I’m curious.

Closest I remember Is Thor #380, where as much of the comic as possible was all in splash pages. But that has dialogue, narration boxes, etc.

—Patrick

So last night I watched The Death of Superman (it was ok but Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn as Clark Kent and Lois Lane? eeeeeeh) but it reminded me of the mediocre to ok Justice League movies DC made a few years ago and how much I really, really liked the Justice League theme that Christopher Drake used for a couple of the movies (namely Crisis on Two Earths and Doom). I liked the Crisis on Two Earths theme so much I use it as my phone ring tone.

It works so bloody well for DC heroes.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/03/mike-wieringo-cover-mike-s-miller-cully-hamner/

So, to summarize:

1) Scumbag Artist who used to work in the industry (and doesn't now because he's a scumbag) found an original piece of art by the late Mike Wieringo. Not so much piece but rough, unfinished breakdown for a cover. Still an original piece by Wieringo.

2) Scumbag Artist decides to draw over original piece to sell as his own work for his shitty crowd-funded comic.

3) Scumbag Artist takes it one further and plagiarizes Wieringo's signature on the piece (said signature was not on original piece).

4) Receives massive backlash from the comics community, including many comic book pros.

5) Scumbag Artist decides to burn the work entirely in a video entitled "The Final Solution," a reference to Hitler's genocidal plans for Jewish people. Oh, did I mention Scumbag Artist is anti-Semitic, homophobic, transphobic, etc? Oh yeah. Scumbag Artist is Scumbag.

Let's just hope by the time that series comes out, Venom is back to being 100 percent, rather than the utterly retconned monstrosity Donny Cates has turned him into.

"I gots an idea, lets turn the Symbiote into a DOG!" How about NO.