[Question] Quickie Advice - Asking out Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannow

Staff member
Put it in her pooper, Nick. Then, it does not count as sex, in the eyes of our Lord. Trust me, she will be into it. Problem solved.

I just had steeeaaaak, and it tasted so good (tasted so good)
I killed a cow and put its meat inside me
I just had steeeaaaak, and I'll never go back (never go back)
To the not having steak ways of the past

Update: She's not ready to date. She wants to know herself better before dating again.

So...rejected.
Added at: 13:21
I suppose on one bright side, the cute girl that I'd been making a lot of eye contact with from across the classroom in my Children's Lit class...is part of my group final project. In fact, when we were grouping up, she made a very vocal point saying, "I wanna be with you guys 'cause we haven't grouped together yet" and sat right down beside me.

Really don't know if anything'll happen. Been too depressed lately to be excited about anything.

B

Biannoshufu

get back in the saddle and look for another lady. Confidence is key, and you gave it a damn good college try. Increase your odds of success.

Definitely an experience you can gain from Nick! You do so well when you're feeling happy man! Keep up that Superman Chin and you'll be fine.

I suppose on one bright side, the cute girl that I'd been making a lot of eye contact with from across the classroom in my Children's Lit class...is part of my group final project. In fact, when we were grouping up, she made a very vocal point saying, "I wanna be with you guys 'cause we haven't grouped together yet" and sat right down beside me.

GasBandit

Staff member
Update: She's not ready to date. She wants to know herself better before dating again.

So...rejected.
Added at: 13:21

Really don't know if anything'll happen. Been too depressed lately to be excited about anything.
Remember what I told you to do before? NO NOT THE POOPER THING, the other thing. Do that exact same thing again, but with this girl. I don't give a shit if you're depressed.

Don't be so depressed. It wasn't anything you did, the woman just needs more time for herself. Just chalk it up to bad timing and move on.

Remember what I told you to do before? NO NOT THE POOPER THING, the other thing. Do that exact same thing again, but with this girl. I don't give a shit if you're depressed.
I give a shit if you're depressed, but also think you should do this thing (the not-the-pooper thing).

C

Chibibar

Well, sorry to hear it didn't work out. Don't get depressed. Divorcee is probably one of the "harder" one to date really. There is a reason they divorce so until they come to terms and work it out in their head, most may not be ready to date on a serious level.

good luck with the new girl :)

edit: it is good that you let the girl know you are interested in her from the get go. Now she knows that you wanted this to go somewhere but she is not ready hence the "dump" if you didn't let her know, I'm sure you would end up as friend zone.

To be honest, it isn't just the divorcee that got me depressed, though that played a hand in it. I've been getting down because, frankly speaking, I've been spending just about all my time staring at the computer screen, doing jack all. I don't really have any friends here that I see on a regular basis. Classmates, sure, and one guy I hang out with once in a blue moon, but no one I would consider a good friend. So I'm fucking lonely as all hell.

It doesn't help that I've been doubting more and more as to whether I can even be a teacher. It's just such a huge leap from working shit jobs like Blockbuster that I can't imagine doing anything else.

To be honest, it isn't just the divorcee that got me depressed, though that played a hand in it. I've been getting down because, frankly speaking, I've been spending just about all my time staring at the computer screen, doing jack all. I don't really have any friends here that I see on a regular basis. Classmates, sure, and one guy I hang out with once in a blue moon, but no one I would consider a good friend. So I'm fucking lonely as all hell.

It doesn't help that I've been doubting more and more as to whether I can even be a teacher. It's just such a huge leap from working shit jobs like Blockbuster that I can't imagine doing anything else.
I like you

*manhug*

You can do it man! If you are spending to much time in front of the computer it sounds like it's time to pick up a new community focused hobby!

Well here's the question Nick, what would you RATHER be doing than staring at the computer and why AREN'T you doing that instead?

That's the problem: I don't know. While I'm depressed like this, I especially can't think of anything. Homework involes almost primarily doing something on the computer, so that doesn't help. Go to the gym, maybe, but it's hard to get motivated when depressed.

It sure as hell doesn't help that this tiny town has absolutely nothing to do or anywhere to go. At least in Toronto, I could, I don't know, go to the bookstore or the comic store or something.

GasBandit

Staff member
If I were to die tomorrow, my only regret would be that I didn't spend MORE time staring at the computer doing jack-all.

C

Chibibar

That's the problem: I don't know. While I'm depressed like this, I especially can't think of anything. Homework involes almost primarily doing something on the computer, so that doesn't help. Go to the gym, maybe, but it's hard to get motivated when depressed.

It sure as hell doesn't help that this tiny town has absolutely nothing to do or anywhere to go. At least in Toronto, I could, I don't know, go to the bookstore or the comic store or something.
well, ummm. hmmm. I think it might be good to form study groups (worked for me) or at least check out what kind of activities your school offers like maybe school plays? does the school have a rec center? student center? a pool? (most of these things are usually free to students)

I use to remember my school have movie nights (usually at a rec center) where people gather and watch cheesy movie (usually B-rate but the movie is more of a reason to party hehe)

C

Chibibar

Great at giving advice, terrible at doing it. I know, I know....
Nah. It is interesting that most of us have experience a tons of things (one degree or another) and some don't remember it or realize the situation until someone else tells us. It is easier to see from the outside in. Heck, I remember a time when I was in a BAD relationship but I had no fricken clue at the time cause I thought I was in love until my friends pull me aside and literally slap me silly.

Hey, I used to feel this way too. It's intimidating. You want to do well, and you want to be a good teacher, so you worry. Trust me when I say that if you want to teach, and you're willing to learn and practice and do the actual job, you'll do great. Don't worry if you don't know how to be a good teacher right now; that will come later naturally. Many of the crappy teachers in the system right now are the worthless jackasses who got into teaching because it seemed easy, or it seemed like a guaranteed income, or because they had no idea what to do. If you actually want to do it, you're already miles ahead of many others. Don't be discouraged.

B

Biannoshufu

C

Chibibar

Welp, so much for girl #2. She's got a boyfriend. Found out via Facebook when our class group added each other.
Keep on truckin buddy. Since you are in school, your options is far greater than when out of school (IMO) you can meet up some interesting people.

as for being a teacher: since you REALLY want to be one, I say you will be a great one in the future.

I dunno dude. Sounds like you just dumped yourself from a girl without ever actually asking her out and letting her decide whether to reject you or not.

Maybe it's too late for therapy!

I don't think self-rejection is worse than real rejection, so you have nothing to lose now - you've already been rejected, might as well take the chance and have her officially reject you as well. Won't hurt you any more than it already has.

Could be fun.

TV series title suggestions from this thread:

Keep on truckin'
Too late for therapy
A boyfriend is not a husband
Staring at the computer doing jack-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.