[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

And maybe if he worked harder, he wouldn't need to keep scrambling to do a strip that was already late.

And maybe if he worked harder, he wouldn't need to keep scrambling to do a strip that was already late.
The amazing thing is that he was uploading the strip late, at erratic times... until he got hurt and couldn't do any more. Then he complains about how he used up his "buffer."

So the late strips put up at random times were with the buffer?? Dear god, what would it be even he wasn't even trying to build up a buffer?

On back on to the topic of the comic, new one's funny. I don't care about Scratch's GoT crap but that last panel made me chuckle.

I think Scott must still be out of it. Theres no structure to these strips at all. It's a mess. There's potential there but there isn't any set up or punchlines in any real way.

figmentPez

Staff member
A really good parody makes me feel like I'm in on the joke, even if I've never seen the source material.

This is nothing like a really good parody. It's more like a bad political cartoon with lots of poorly forced SYMBOLISM!

K

kaykordeath

I have an idea what's going on...it appears to be puns/references to Game of Thrones.

And while interested, I haven't gotten around to reading or watching, so it is less than funny to me.

And while interested, I haven't gotten around to reading or watching, so it is less than funny to me.
Yeah, it really doesn't whether you've read/watched the series. It's just plain not funny.
Added at: 13:36
Now that I think about it, a good comic strip should be funny even if it contains references that the audience might not catch. PA makes funny strips all the time, and I'm not familiar with half the shit they talk about.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I've read the books. I don't think these strips are even worth a forced guffaw.

Someone should tell him that it's not a good sign when his 4-panel strip has more text in it than the much funnier 8-panel guest strips.

I dont get it. Does he think namedropping people and places in GOT is hilarious just because it's scratch who's saying them? Oh ha ha, Scratch said "Cersi".

Yeah, it really doesn't whether you've read/watched the series. It's just plain not funny.
Added at: 13:36
Now that I think about it, a good comic strip should be funny even if it contains references that the audience might not catch. PA makes funny strips all the time, and I'm not familiar with half the shit they talk about.
Agreed.

Me neither... it's a bunch of confusing drawings to me...
This captures my reaction best.

I dont get it. Does he think namedropping people and places in GOT is hilarious just because it's scratch who's saying them? Oh ha ha, Scratch said "Cersi".
Yeah, now I'm really lost here. I feel bad, I don't want to be constantly bagging on the strip, I mean, there have been some good ones lately but these are just... not good.

Dave

Staff member
He speaks directly to Max!!! I think this is the first time he's spoken to anyone that wasn't a werewolf. When Cole was a werewolf he could understand Scratch and thought it was because of his lycanthropy, right? So what's up with Max not reacting?!?

I want to twitter Scott and just ask him to stop. It's so freaking bad. I won't do that, because I don't care that much but man... what is he thinking?

He speaks directly to Max!!! I think this is the first time he's spoken to anyone that wasn't a werewolf. When Cole was a werewolf he could understand Scratch and thought it was because of his lycanthropy, right? So what's up with Max not reacting?!?
I think there was a comic back after the wedding and Skull's absence wherein it was revealed to the cast at large that Scratch was intelligent, but it was a) pretty throwaway and b) like 3 years ago.

Also, seeing as everyone is acting like a GoT character and breaking all suspension of disbelief as they do so, I'd imagine this week's strips are meant to be non-canon.

Dave

Staff member
Nobody but Scratch is acting like GoT characters. He is just attributing GoT names to already existing characters.
Added at: 11:02
Going back and reading, he's been talking to people all week. Yet nobody notices.