Export thread

Posters of Halforums Calendar

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I kinda wish this was a real thing, even if it's only a thread topic. I had an idea for a photo that might be fun! (albeit slightly labor-intensive)
Never let it be said that I don't know how to please a lady! *grins*

Semi-serious, though... is there enough interest for a "Posters of Halforums" calendar? It wouldn't have to be a "steamy" one - although if someone felt confident enough to toss that on there, more power to ya!

Pictures wouldn't have to be professional - after all, how many of us have access to those kinds of resources on a regular basis?

Anonymity would be acceptable, naturally - not everyone's comfortable with their face out there, and that's perfectly acceptable!

Other suggestions are welcome, of course! Lord knows, I'm not nearly creative enough to pull this off without help. *chuckles*

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here you go, I just got a new headshot done -

gb-headshot.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

I would say if you wanted to keep if fun, you can let your photo show why you keep coming back to Halforum. The cosplay? The popculture/nerdculture? You love America or the US? Your cat won't argue back with you? Put it in a photo!

Never let it be said that I don't know how to please a lady! *grins*
Well done, officer! :unibrow:

I'm going to have to wait until this weekend. I'm going to need a second person to hold the camera.[DOUBLEPOST=1396540774,1396540731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here you go, I just got a new headshot done -

View attachment 14424
Oh sure, we ask for sexy photos and Gas is already showing us his can.

Hylian

Hylian

My face may induce vomiting and temporary blindness but I am game :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I mean, yes, but...You guys know I'll go all out right? I would actually probably do a pin-up shoot with my cute swimmie because I've always wanted to do a shoot like that. But, I mean, if this is a go, I want you guys to understand there will be no stopping me, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Dave

Dave

It would actually be very easy to do. All you need is a picture file, a SIM card, and a WalMart. They have photo centers where you can make these things for pretty cheap.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I had honestly only planned on an online version, but hey! Dead-tree format works, too!

drifter

drifter

I was actually going to do a Halforums caricature calender... but laziness plus lack of 12 solid ideas put it on hold. Too bad, I think you guys would love the Calleja month.

It had nothing to do with Frosty Susan.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I miss Calleja, too. :/ I follow him on twitter, but that's about it...

figmentPez

figmentPez

I mean, yes, but...You guys know I'll go all out right? I would actually probably do a pin-up shoot with my cute swimmie because I've always wanted to do a shoot like that. But, I mean, if this is a go, I want you guys to understand there will be no stopping me, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Kags in a swimsuit pin-up shot? That has two-syllable "Dayumn" potential.

I approve.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Can actually even do this online and have physical ones sent individually to everyone.

I'm down for helping get it all together, edited, and ordered and such.

We only have like 12 months though. THE TOP 12 POSTERS!*

*Priority given to girls in swimsuits right

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

This would be fun; whether in the calendar or just using it!

Dave

Dave

Last near our neighborhood had a "Redneck Olympics". I was the torch bearer.

2012-09-02 18.00.35.jpg

Don't say I never gave you anything.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'll be in my bunk.

Also, if this goes down, I will do a picture for May, wearing only my straw hat.

Dave

Dave

There are more pictures from other, less flattering angles. Can you believe that? THAT was the flattering angle!!

Emrys

Emrys

Sex-ay. :unibrow:

Can I pose with strategically placed doomweasels?[DOUBLEPOST=1396548687,1396548633][/DOUBLEPOST]
Free complementary towel with each calendar.

Dirona

Dirona

Sex-ay. :unibrow:

Can I pose with strategically placed doomweasels?[DOUBLEPOST=1396548687,1396548633][/DOUBLEPOST]
Free complementary towel with each calendar.
Yes to all of the above please! ;)

Also, if I'm in a swim suit, I will also be in a snowbank - have you seen Newfoundland/East Coast weather lately? Yeesh.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I don't know what other services cost, but my sister has used Shutterfly in the past to make calendars as gifts, and been happy with them.

Eriol

Eriol

Yes to all of the above please! ;)

Also, if I'm in a swim suit, I will also be in a snowbank - have you seen Newfoundland/East Coast weather lately? Yeesh.
On that note: 1 Marine Atlantic Ferry Now Free, a 2nd Still Stuck in Ice
We will be living at one of the ports for those ferries, Port aux Basques, Newfoundland

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'd send in one of my favorite beach pictures, but not with me in it. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

It would actually be very easy to do. All you need is a picture file, a SIM SD card, and a WalMart. They have photo centers where you can make these things for pretty cheap.
FTFY

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

D'oh!

Jax

Jax

If you're putting groups of people together in one picture, i'd like to be in it. With perhaps a couple of pixels of me tucked away in a corner, on account of me being a lurker :hide:

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you actually make it a calendar, it'd be kinda cool if the calendar marked halforumite birthdays with their avatar.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Say, now THERE'S an idea...

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

If you actually make it a calendar, it'd be kinda cool if the calendar marked halforumite birthdays with their avatar.
I really really like this idea!! :D

So, is this really going to be a thing? A calender, I mean, because I want it to be a thing.

drifter

drifter

You could always make your own. I'm guessing most of the male forumites would not be opposed to 12 months of Kags.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You could always make your own. I'm guessing most of the male forumites would not be opposed to 12 months of Kags.
I would feel so vain though. :( That just seems rather self-centered. I'm not opposed to the idea though.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm not opposed to the idea though.
:minionhappy:

If we do a male calendar, though, I will give you all the displeasure of having me in it.

In fact, just for you guys... I'll wear the bombshell.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Depending on how much interest I get from folks willing to be in the thing, there is the possibility of doubling/composites, so long as both forumites involved have no issues.

Espy

Espy

I would feel so vain though. :( That just seems rather self-centered. I'm not opposed to the idea though.
It would be a good way to raise money for your cosplay costs.[DOUBLEPOST=1396567784,1396567748][/DOUBLEPOST]Also for us guys, we can just put sexy little swimsuits on our beards.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

It would be a good way to raise money for your cosplay costs.
Do you think this could really be a thing? I mean, I dunno how logistically it would work out - in order for it to be worth it on both parts.

The idea is really exciting though - psh, getting money for cosplaying? Awesome.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The only problem with an all-Kags-calendar would be convincing my girlfriend to let me put it up somewhere :p may cause some jealousy issues :confused:

I'm game, but I don't think i'm "whole month picture" material. Though pictures of several posters together would be cooler, we may need to do some months with several, smaller pictures instead.

I'm fairly sure there are naked pictures of me already in the "new pictues" thread (unless those were lost in one migration or another).

Gusto

Gusto

I'll pose shirtless with a vacant stare and my hard hat.

Docseverin

Docseverin

So...is the end of June a good time to submit photos?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'll pose shirtless with a vacant stare and my hard hat.
Well sir, you've got yourself a sale.

Just Me

Just Me

So...is the end of June a good time to submit photos?
Twelve months of DocAwesome?
Shut up and take my money!

Twelve months of DocAwesome and Kags united?
I'd pay more than for one of those Stewart/MacKellen Coney Island T-Shirts!
;)

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, more than anything else, this thread makes me concerned that Dave just has a leather zippered jockstrap just laying around.

Also, I'd be all for a sexy calendar (as long as I'm not posing), but I'm a perv.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Doc and I will try to work something out - he'll be up near me the last weekend of June, so we were planning on meeting up anyway, maybe we can take some pic's? :D

Jay

Jay

Go on

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

PSH, you beautiful fool, it's going to be a surprise! We'll say nothing of it for months and then BOOM pic's.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Guess I'll start working on my physique.

Emrys

Emrys

:unibrow:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Guess I'll start working on my physique.
I'll do the same.

So June 2025 a good time to turn the pics in?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Crosspost from the cosplay thread -

abhancer.gif

Emrys

Emrys

Sex-ay.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The way things are going, this could probably be one of those calendars that have a few extra months tacked on... a 2014/2015 calendar.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm winging it right now - I jumped into this in a flurry of motivation that is rare for me - but I would like very much for this thing to happen.

Steamy or not, anonymous or not, gag photos or serious - the only requirement is to be a forumite on here.

I'll see what I can come up with, then see about accepting entries, with a more definitive game plan worked out, with cutoff dates for entrants.

Emrys

Emrys

The way things are going, this could probably be one of those calendars that have a few extra months tacked on... a 2014/2015 calendar.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm winging it right now - I jumped into this in a flurry of motivation that is rare for me - but I would like very much for this thing to happen.

Steamy or not, anonymous or not, gag photos or serious - the only requirement is to be a forumite on here.

I'll see what I can come up with, then see about accepting entries, with a more definitive game plan worked out, with cutoff dates for entrants.
Let me know if I can help.

Frank

Frank

If it were like 2 years ago, I'd be in pretty rad shape for it. As it stands now, I'd still do it, but you get skinny fat.

Celt Z

Celt Z

If it were like 2 years ago, I'd be in pretty rad shape for it. As it stands now, I'd still do it, but you get skinny fat.
Dude, same here. Even with my post-baby weight loss, no one's going to want to see me in a bathing suit. I'll be making the best I can of it.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

You act like I'd be bringing anything better to the table. *laughs*[DOUBLEPOST=1396637160,1396637123][/DOUBLEPOST]
no one's going to want to see me in a bathing suit.
You'd be surprised... (/creeper)

Jay

Jay

PSH, you beautiful
I'm beautiful? Shucks, thanks

Jay

Jay

You'd be surprised... (/creeper)
fabio.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

:idhitit: *

(*I kid! All due respect to Mrs. Jay!)

Frank

Frank

Coupla years old at this point.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'll have to drive to Houston and have a picture of Charlie carrying me in his arms or something...

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Let it be known; Nate has given his blessing for Doc and I to take pic's together. This might actually happen guys. You all just might really get pic's of Doc and I together.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'll have to drive to Houston and have a picture of Charlie carrying me in his arms or something...
You down, @Charlie Don't Surf?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I don't have much upper body strength

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I'm down with this idea. I can probably dig up some necro garb and snap a photo or two.
In addition, I also travel across the country constantly for work and if I ended up near any other forumites I could imagine some necro et all photo pairings...

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Let it be known; Nate has given his blessing for Doc and I to take pic's together. This might actually happen guys. You all just might really get pic's of Doc and I together.

Telephius

Telephius

We will never forget that you gave mankind the gift of fire. :awesome:

Jay

Jay

fade

fade

I am so confused by this gif.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Danny Sexbang the hot Jew from Ninja Sex Party.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I am so confused by this gif.
Context (start around 1:18 if you want to get straight to the story concerning that gif):

Celt Z

Celt Z

It's like the cover of some kind of Canadian romance novel, "Love Amongst the Maple Leaves" or "Coffee, Poutine or Me?"

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's like the cover of some kind of Canadian romance novel, "Love Amongst the Maple Leaves" or "Coffee, Poutine or Me?"
"Treasure Trail: All the way up to Hudson Bay"

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Okay, I'll throw my hat into the ring, but I don't think I'm going to beat Dave or Jay at turning up the heat.

Sticking with my suggested "Why do you come to Halforums", you can call it "Talk Nerdy To Me".
HalforumPinup_sm.jpg

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

:eek:
:thumbsup:

Also, good collection of books there.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Okay, I'll throw my hat into the ring, but I don't think I'm going to beat Dave or Jay at turning up the heat.

Sticking with my suggested "Why do you come to Halforums", you can call it "Talk Nerdy To Me".
Sweet mother of god... YOU HAVE BONE!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Your offering is most generous, m'lady, and entirely in keeping with the spirit of this errand that I have charged myself with...

:Leyla:

Jay

Jay

Thar be sketches in that spoilers. Many many sketches... /piratejay

Terrik

Terrik

I just got some pre-wedding pictures taken. Maybe I'll throw in a picture eventually.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Dem boobs.

How am I supposed to compete with this?!?

Maybe we could....

JOIN FORCES! :awesome:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I think I just heard Jay's head explode.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Can... can I be in the calendar? You can use this picture from the Pictures thread.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm jealous of those OotS books :( For some reason, shipping to Europe is just getting ridiculously expensive. I want Domionic Deegan the full collection and all the books of OotS (still never read any of the books that haven't appeared on the site), but shipping costs more than the books themselves :-(

Celt Z

Celt Z

Heh... thanks. I was trying for a look inside my brain. I just wish the other side was in the shot, too. My husband was behind the camera, and he's not a photographer.

But I meant for the background to be a "Where's Waldo?" type-to-thing. You have to look really close to see the stuff in there. Bonus points to those who can identify some of those issues and objects. ;) This is an outtake when Mr. Z was trying out angles. I'm trying to get my hair out of my face and adjust my dress, thus the arms akimbo. It shows the other side, and technically, Jay is right: there are sketches here:
HalformAlt_sm.jpg

Scary part? That's not even a 1/32 of my comic collection. I didn't want to haul it all out the comic book room, so I cherry-picked issues. (/brag)[DOUBLEPOST=1396958169,1396957595][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm jealous of those OotS books :( For some reason, shipping to Europe is just getting ridiculously expensive. I want Domionic Deegan the full collection and all the books of OotS (still never read any of the books that haven't appeared on the site), but shipping costs more than the books themselves :-(
You know, you're going to be in the US. Couldn't you just pay for them to be shipped to a US location and then pick them up?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

But I meant for the background to be a "Where's Waldo?" type-to-thing. You have to look really close to see the stuff in there. Bonus points to those who can identify some of those issues and objects. ;)
I was going to say that I used to read ElfQuest when I was your age.

Then I remembered that it was when I was in junior high. Heh

Celt Z

Celt Z

I was going to say that I used to read ElfQuest when I was your age.

Then I remembered that it was when I was in junior high. Heh
If it helps, I started in '87 when I was in elementary school. That's starting to creep up on *gulp* 30 years ago! It's still a favorite of mine. I got that book signed by Wendy and Richard Pini. Wendy's one of my heroes.

Maybe we could....JOIN FORCES! :awesome:
And that day Halforum implodes. ;)
It would be fun because I've really wanted to cosplay again. Recently I would LOVE to dress as the female barbarian from Diablo III!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

If it helps, I started in '87 when I was in elementary school. That's starting to creep up on *gulp* 30 years ago! It's still a favorite of mine. I got that book signed by Wendy and Richard Pini. Wendy's one of my heroes.
It doesn't help. I graduated high school in '88 ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

you can call it "Talk Nerdy To Me".
Gosh. You've ... really got some nice toys, there.

--Patrick

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Gosh. You've ... really got some nice toys, there.

--Patrick
HUGE tracts of land collection of comics

Hylian

Hylian

These are not the best but they are the most recent pictures of me and you can use them if you want.

Terrik

Terrik

Here's one

203203 副本副本.jpg

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dude... that looks AWESOME!!

Bones

Bones

Wow secret agent terrik over here.

Terrik

Terrik

I, too, am pleased at how it turned out. I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

When does this movie come out?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik: The Smoking Gun - Starts Friday at a Theater Near You (tm).

bhamv3

bhamv3

I, too, am pleased at how it turned out. I can't wait to see the rest of them.
Your fiancee kept reminding me of a Chinese celebrity, and I couldn't remember who, until it finally just hit me.

She looks a lot like Liu Yifei in profile, in that picture.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'll work on a screenplay

Docseverin

Docseverin

Not sure if I have posted this one before but this is as good a submission as any for the Men of halforums calendar
pic.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Not sure if I have posted this one before but this is as good a submission as any for the Men of halforums calendar
View attachment 14579

Bones

Bones

View attachment 14579
I didnt realize you got wounded while you were out and about in the world Doc.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There was that whole ankle thing which occurred in the performance of his duties.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Say hello to Mr. December ;)

Docseverin

Docseverin

I didnt realize you got wounded while you were out and about in the world Doc.
I haven't been wounded Bones, it was just the back ground in the self portrait :D! Worry not old friend I am well and unharmed at the moment.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I've... held a purple heart medal. My father got one when he was injured in Vietnam.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I've... held a purple heart medal. My father got one when he was injured in Vietnam.
I've played Call of Duty.

Though now I'm a conscientious Call of Duty objector.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My father was one of the Airborne who went into Grenada during Urgent Fury. At one point, he tried to open a coconut with a bayonet and kinda stabbed himself in the gut. His C.O. laughingly said he's put him in for a purple heart. My dad threatened (also laughingly, obviously) to kill him in his sleep if he did.

Terrik

Terrik

My grandfather got two. He was shot twice in WWII. I have them, along with a german cross he found, campaign ribbons and currency from the time in a glass frame back in Florida.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

The navy's better than whatever branch Doc was in. But then I'm biased. I was in the Navy over a decade ago... Wow... Ten years... Damn that's a long time

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ten years... Damn that's a long time
Pssht. Halforums has been around now for what, > 15 years?

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

The navy's better than whatever branch Doc was in. But then I'm biased. I was in the Navy over a decade ago... Wow... Ten years... Damn that's a long time
Doc is in the Army. Not just the Army, but he's with the Golden Knights. That's pretty damn impressive.
The Navy these days is more concerned about their uniforms than actually doing the job right. I'm so glad my husband only has less than 18 months left until retirement. It's getting friggin' ridiculous.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Ladies and gentlemen....your cover.
10153982_649631675086769_5328200422582648853_n.jpg

Jay

Jay

View attachment 14604
jbGnYYo.gif

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

That's a hell of a cover

Bones

Bones

View attachment 14604
Ladies amd gentleman. I am Johnny Knoxville and this is JACKASS!

fade

fade

image.jpg
image.jpg

I am smiling.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That's OK, I hate smiling in photos.

General Specific

General Specific

That's OK, I hate smiling in photos.